10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Proud Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 2121
Not Ranked     
Smile Cars & Coffee Irvine or other events...

Hello All,

I'm in town visiting and find my Saturday to be wide open for fun stuff!

Want to experience, if even for a day, some of SoCal’s car culture.
Read about the huge popularity of the Cars & Coffee venue in Irvine (I’m staying in Anaheim). Does that happening year round weather permitting? Any Cobra folks planning to go this Saturday (11/19)? Starts at 7am?

Also, to keep my afternoon busy, I was thinking about checking out the Petersen Museum. Anyone know if they currently have a vintage Cobra on display? I would love to see Bruce Meyer’s CSX2001. Is that incredible piece of automotive history in a public display in LA?

Any other suggestions? Anyone need an extra set of hands & eyes for an engine install or similar?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

don't know about cars and coffee but it is supposed to be raining this weekend. Next weekend is the Good Guys car show in Del Mar (San Diego) always a great show, plenty of everyting including Cobras!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

It shouldn't rain Saturday in Irvine.

C&C is pretty nice. Big get together, all kinds from stock ricers to gassers, true exotics (Bugattis, McLaren) to replicas, countless Porches, hot rods, etc. On any Saturday you'll find a handful of SPF and other Cobras, GT40s, etc.

Peterson is a must. Don't know of a Cobra on dislplay but they did have an original GT40 out recently.

If I'm not mistaken, Bruce keeps #1 with him. I haven't heard of it residing somewhere but I could be wrong. At C&C, you'd be a little lucky to see an original. The Friday night at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank and the get together in Calabassas(?) might be a little more 'high end' in terms of Cobras. Bruce might be there, Anthony Boosalis (and one of his 3 original 427s), etc. But I think some Valley guys would be able to answer that better.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Proud Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 2121
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
don't know about cars and coffee but it is supposed to be raining this weekend. Next weekend is the Good Guys car show in Del Mar (San Diego) always a great show, plenty of everyting including Cobras!
Thanks Varmit. Unfortunately, I'm flying out on Sunday morning. Extended the short trip to include a Saturday just to check out "car stuff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
It shouldn't rain Saturday in Irvine.

C&C is pretty nice. Big get together, all kinds from stock ricers to gassers, true exotics (Bugattis, McLaren) to replicas, countless Porches, hot rods, etc. On any Saturday you'll find a handful of SPF and other Cobras, GT40s, etc.

Peterson is a must. Don't know of a Cobra on dislplay but they did have an original GT40 out recently.

If I'm not mistaken, Bruce keeps #1 with him. I haven't heard of it residing somewhere but I could be wrong. At C&C, you'd be a little lucky to see an original. The Friday night at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank and the get together in Calabassas(?) might be a little more 'high end' in terms of Cobras. Bruce might be there, Anthony Boosalis (and one of his 3 original 427s), etc. But I think some Valley guys would be able to answer that better.
rodneym, sadly, I'm just back from my meetings out here in Anaheim. Not sure I can make Burbank in time unless they're there till late.

Great info on C&C. I'll be there camera in hand!

After C&C, I'll make my next stop at the Petersen. If there's daylight left, I'll cruise over to the PCH and snap some pics. Any Saturday night cruise ins?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Legendary Autos, 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Anyone going to C & C in Irvine for this Saturday's Toy Drive?
I am coming from Yorba Linda. Want to meet up and drive in as a group?
Dane

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: