LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Need a Cobra for our wedding

Hello everyone,

My Name is Dave. My fiancee' Jessica and I are getting married on February 26, 2012 in Palm Springs. Jessica and I are also car lovers, gearheads and track rats! I used to track my S2000 quite a bit, and we've had the M3 out at the Autoclub Speedway a few times too. We've been planning our wedding and one of the themes is vintage cars and racing. Instead of the standard limo or horse drawn carriage, we thought it would be amazing to be able to rumble off in a Cobra! Its been both our dream car since we were kids and we talk all the time about getting our hands on a kit someday in the future... we think building one in our garage would be the ultimate experience.... but back to the point of my post.

I wanted to reach out to this community and see if anyone would be interested in accompanying us in Palm Springs this February 26th, travel paid along with a nights stay, and letting us consumate our marriage with an american icon! It would really put the icing on the cake for us and it would also be great to meet some people in the Cobra community!

For the Skeptics, I've got a flawless driving record, never spun-out on the track and have the utmost respect for others things, especially their car. You can check out my facebook page too.

http://www.facebook.com/dave.funston

Thanks everyone for your time, and if you even know of someone that could help us out, please pass along my info to them.

Dave Funston
dave.funston@gmail.com

btw! We're shooting our engagement photos tomorrow in San Diego with a 61' Caddy convertable!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Perhaps if I was thirty years younger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape_X View Post
I wanted to reach out to this community and see if anyone would be interested in ... letting us consummate our marriage with an american icon!
Dave, am I reading this right? You want to consummate your marriage in one of our Cobras? You realize there's hardly any room in there, right? But I guess where there's a will, there's a way....
Old 12-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Will that video be seen here on CC? That would surely top the last one we saw.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Soupe du jour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOERA-SC7XX View Post
Will that video be seen here on CC? That would surely top the last one we saw.
Maybe he meant that he would like some Consommé while in a Cobra. I hear soup is the "in" thing for weddings this year.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:24 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape_X View Post

I wanted to reach out to this community and see if anyone would be interested in letting us consumate our marriage in a american icon! It would really put the icing on the cake for us.

btw! We're shooting our engagement photos tomorrow in San Diego with a 61' Caddy convertable!
Alright,even some prenuptial action shots.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Dave,
I would say that it is a long-shot for somebody to hand over their keys to their pride and joy to someone they barely know to take off with it for several days. You're a one-poster, and haven't built up any trust in the community of Cobra owners. My first thought was, "Hmmm, how far is it from Palm Springs to the border with Mexico?" Race experienced? Makes me wonder what you'd feel comfortable doing in a borrowed Cobra (uh, and I don't mean "consumate", but who would want THAT going on in their Cobra?).

If you're serious, then let's be realistic: Google "rent Shelby Cobra Los Angeles" or something. Here's what I found: Exotic Car Rentals New Selection- Rent New Exotic Cars They have Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and yes, Shelby Cobras. I didn't look at the cost, but for your wedding...

We rented a Jaguar for our honeymoon, before flying off to the South Pacific. Loved it! Pure luxury. Go rent your dream car for your honeymoon, but with a proper contract and correctly insured.
Realistically,
Dangerous Doug

"You're kidding, right?"

Last edited by Dangerous Doug; 12-03-2011 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Here is another one: 1966 Shelby 427 for Rent (replica)

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 12-13-2011, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Dave, no problem! I will give you my Cobra for as long as you need it for only $50,000.00 for your wedding. You must get it transferred into California (SB-100 required), pay for the registration and all California taxes. The only other charge will be the cost of fuel to drive it there from AZ ( including my return vehicle) and over night lodging.
Let's say an even $55,000.00 will cover it, cash only.... Dave.
Glad to be of service, love to help fellow cobra lovers and makedreams come true.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

The official wedding song must be "Dreamer" by Supertramp.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 1774 / 392 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Dave, Hope you find a Cobra. It will make some awesome pics and videos. My Son even did a burnout leaving the wedding in mine! Mark
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not a problem.... I just e-mailed my address... the keys are in the mailbox and the car is parked at the curb. Just return it as you found it.

Watch out for puddles.... have fun!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Seriously though. You might get a volunteer or so for someone to come down and let you and your new bride pose for some photographs in and around the car.

You and your new bride might get a ride from the owner.

I don't know of anyone that is going to just give you the keys. Honestly, I don't think I'd do that for my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee either.

So why don't you put a reality filter on the request and maybe you'll get a serious response or two.

Good luck
Old 12-14-2011, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Legendary Autos, 427 SC
Not Ranked     

I might be willing to help
Give me a call
Dane c 714 401-6054