17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: ERA FIA #2114 with 331
Not Ranked     
Default Wiper motor?

California Vehicle Code 26706 states: (a) Every motor vehicle, except motorcycles, equipped with a windshield shall also be equipped with a self-operating windshield wiper.

Has anyone in Cali just installed the wipers and not bothered with the motor? Does the BAR guy check this? Thanks..
Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Cobra Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

Boy , now your gettin me where I live. Ye Old DMV Codes! I think the key word here is "Operating". In the past Ive had the Ca. DMV check them to see if they work. I havnt built anything like this recently but I would bet my money on it that they will check. I want a car I can get caught out in the elements with. When Im finished with my Cobra Im going to load her up gas her up and not look back till I get to Canada. Going up the coast Hiway and enjoying every minute and that doesnt mean being cold wet or miserable. I also dont believe in 3rd degree burns so my pipes will have the guards on em. Good luck with yours, Say did you get a SB100 registration? Michael
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: ERA FIA #2114 with 331
Not Ranked     

Michael:
I'll try for a SB100 # this Jan. but I'm not going to sweat it.. If I don't get the car done in time (I'm not sure how complete the car needs to be to try for the SB100 #, I think there's a time limit when you take the car to BAR with your SB 100 certificate) or don't get a # I'll just wait until Jan. 2008. DMV will still allow me to temp register the car as long as I pay all the fees and taxes of course (to get those temp red registeration stickers). Each red sticker is worth 3 months of driving time.. so get 3 to 4 of those I'm set for 2007..
Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Cobra Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

Mine wasnt complete at all. This is just to pay the money and get a number, the inspection comes later when you finish it. Some DMV employees arent up on the law but if you take with you your reciepts for the big items and serial #s off the frame or anything else that will identify your car you have a good start. There were some good threads here on CC about Sb100s and how its all done. I started by going to the DMV a week before the SB100 date. Its a good thing that I did they sent me home for more info etc and it took some time for the DMV manager to get up to speed. She didnt think that you could get a SB100# without the car being finished so it took some coaxing. This coming year should be more frenzied than the last two or three. It only took about 4 hours to issue all 500 #s this last year, the year before it was 8 hours and the year before that it was a day and a 1/2 so its getting alot more competative. Just make sure you have all your stuff and youve gone through the preliminary steps before that date and above all make sure you get in line an hour before opening time so that you can get processed and the DMV people can start calling the main office for the #. I did and it still took about 1 1/2 hours to get through to Sacramento. I did mine in Whittier, Ive heard there are better DMVs for this but I figuired that they may filled up with Rodders. Some guys drive to Sacramento the day before and camp out at the main branch. I never felt the need for that but it may be coming to that. Good luck and go search for the threads on the SB100, then go to the Ca. DMV website and download all their info on the SB100 or as its called Contructed Vehicles. Michael
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: