14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default ??? Southern Oregon Cobra Owners & Meetups ???

To: Oregon CC Members,

Digging back through several CC posts in the Southern Oregon Cobra forum, I'm seeing Medford, Roseburg, and Grants Pass mentioned more often as possible cities for recommended meetups. I'm wondering if anything has materialized over the past few years in this area. I was up in Brookings and Bandon OR on the coast all last week for a little vacation and research trip. I did ask around while there and ran into some car people who mentioned all three of these Cities as possibilities during other large shows that come up each year in OR.

Question:
Is there a town or city area in Southern Oregon (central or coastal) more likely than others for future yearly or monthly (good-weather month) meetups?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Well, I suppose after 75 views and no replies, no answer is an answer too!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On June 18th we had a rather large group of Cobra owners show up at the local track for the annual "Cobra Event". Some Auto Cross, some drag racing and a nice long cruise up toward Crater Lake, and a couple of hikes along the way. Great fun, BIG turnout. There was ONE Kirkham, who only showed up briefly then disappeared and ONE ERA, mine. The rest were FFR's, I was feeling a bit intimidated. Those dang FFR's are sure fast!! One guy ran the 1/4 in the very low 10's, with a small block. I don't even want to talk about getting my butt kicked on the Auto Cross, and I was running SLICKS against DOT tires...

Most of these guys hang out on the FFR web site (FFCARS I think it is now?). Most were from the Portland area and all are pretty active in the local club up there. Kind of sleepy otherwise around here, Medford.

Which is OK with me, I don't need no stinkin' out of towner FFR to come down to MY place and kick sand in my big block face with their tiny block. HA HA HA, just kidding of course, a great bunch of guys and a terrific time had by all.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Ex,

I was up at PIR a few years ago and met DonC and a bunch of great guys there. Also, it was maybe a year ago or so some group ended up doing a pretty nice get-together (near Coos Bay ???) at one members house. I don't recall who it was.

Since there was a dedicated So Oregon Forum on CC, I thought they would respond too. Thanks for the reply.

The whole time I was in Brookings a few weeks back I kept hearing from locals about possible car shows in Grants Pass and a mention of Medford too, but can't seem to tie anyone in Southern Oregon to any sort of club and events IN Southern Oregon, all is up near Portland now I guess - if anything.

Oh well, if anything else comes up, I'm interested to learn more.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B Cobra- 351 Windsor 40 overbore, stock stroke. 5140 cnc machined light weight I beam connecting rods with bushed and floating pins,10 to 1 compression,1.7 aluminum roller rockers & antipump lifters etc.
Not Ranked     
Default Southern Oregon Cobra Owners & Meetups

Hello, decooney

Just now getting around to reading the forum threads and saw the reference to Southern Oregon Cobra Owners in your thread.
I have been looking for a Cobra CLub close to where I live (Coos Bay, Or)
and thought the clubs were mostly in Portland or Washington areas.
Do you ever come up towards Coos Bay or Bandon, Winchester Bay areas?
Would be interested in doing a cruise or get together in and around Southern or Central Oregon Coast.
I'm driving a B&B 427SC (Body style)351 Windsor Cobra.
Also have a JCF 289 slabside and will be putting it up for sale on Club Cobra as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Regards,

coosbaynorm
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Norm,

While looking at properties there near you, I visited a friend and was checking to see if there were any Cobra people there. As I found out, not too many into sports cars or Cobras in the central coastal areas. Seems most are north or more towards the mid OR areas. I was checking for a friend and scoping it out a bit myself. Case and point, its been exactly two years since I made that post. My buddy Ken now lives there in Bandon and he is an ex Cobra owner himself. He visits Coos Bay regularly. He hopes to get a Cobra again some day. I've not been back since. Perhaps I could introduce you to him. He's actually been to John's place there looking at the JCF cars, etc. Send a PM and I'll give you his contact info.

Last edited by decooney; 07-24-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Duane:
Not a whole bunch or organized activity in the southern part of the state.
There is a big show and get together every year on Father's Day in Medford. I usually miss it because that's usually when I'm in Denver for the Cruise Colorado event. There is one owner in Medford who's very active in track events and go carting and hosts the group from Portland who go down every year.
Other than that not a whole bunch. Several car shows but no "Cobra" specific stuff.
Excalibur:
That 10 second Cobra you saw is a twin turbo and he's just a hair's breadth away from breaking into the 9's. Biggest problem is finding a strip that will let him run at those levels without a whole bunch of additional mods to his car.
DonC
Old 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B Cobra- 351 Windsor 40 overbore, stock stroke. 5140 cnc machined light weight I beam connecting rods with bushed and floating pins,10 to 1 compression,1.7 aluminum roller rockers & antipump lifters etc.
Not Ranked     

Hi Duane,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I know of maybe two other Cobra owners in this general area. Also, one in Florence and one in Winchester Bay. Have also seen one other Cobra in Bandon last year, but could not catch him before he drove off.
My email is cobranorm@yahoo.com for your info and if you want to give your buddy my e/m address.
Have a fellow from Vancouver coming down Saturday to CB to see my 289 as he is putting together a JCF he bought which is a project car and wanted to see the finished product to get it right for his car b4 I sell mine.
Thanks again.

Norm
Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Here is some video of our Cobras in Medford last month 2012 Medford Cruise Cobra autocross and drag racing - YouTube