Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjrgary View Post
wouldnt the rouch engine de-value your split window coupe?
Yes, a lot, depending on the modifications required to fit it.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 931 mangled in parkinglot incident - traded for new house roof <sob>
Not Ranked     

A Corvette engine in a Coupe is a perfect choice. After all,,, GM isn't capable of making anything as rediculus as a F.orced E.xtraction pile. That's why yuo cant even put one in a Coupe, they got smarter after the failure by putting it in the Cobra.
Just so you know.

McVette

Small block chevies rule!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Legate View Post
Nice to see the pics I shot on Monday pop up here on the Thursday! Small world.
Trevor,
I asked you a similar question in Wyss' thread about Comer's book. Any of your work show up there?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Cant figure out if you are BSing. Did you put a "Ford" based Roush 427 in your vette? The split windows have always been a favorite. When growing up my neighbor had two in the garage, who knows what they are worth now.
Gee Patrick...I mean...Chevy's are so like Liberal....I mean yuk....you being from the great state would understand my need....

Last edited by Bartruff1; 01-07-2010 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Sorry to rain on the parade but someone had to say it; chebby motors in anything Ford related is just as wrong as two boys.............well, you know! That means Cobras, Coups, 32s, Mustangs etc, etc. I don't care how cheap they are, if you want a chebbie then put it into some kind of a chebbie thing. They're available, just because none of them are as cool as the Ford counters is no reason for Dogs and cats to be living together! We're talking anarchy here people! Come to your senses.

Peace out, Steve
Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehamr View Post
Sorry to rain on the parade but someone had to say it; chebby motors in anything Ford related is just as wrong as two boys.............well, you know! That means Cobras, Coups, 32s, Mustangs etc, etc. I don't care how cheap they are, if you want a chebbie then put it into some kind of a chebbie thing. They're available, just because none of them are as cool as the Ford counters is no reason for Dogs and cats to be living together! We're talking anarchy here people! Come to your senses.

Peace out, Steve
Great stuff Steve!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Sometime last year Hot Rod Magazine featured a '67-68 Camaro that some kid fabbed (I believe) a turbo Supra inline 6 cyl motor into it. I think there were people bearing torches pounding on their front door when it hit the newsstands.

I recall another 1st gen Camaro on Past Time (Speed Channel) that was running a Chrysler motor or something else odd in his.

It takes all kinds!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm sure peanut butter and jelly happened on the same day, grilled cheese sandwich happen the same day, I'm sure Sunbeam Tiger and Shelby happened the same day. 1.7 liter Sunbeam Alpine engine to a 4.2 Ford engine happen the same day. You all are a bunch of whinning little babies, afraid of change. It was a good thing Shelbly wasn't afraid to do something different.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blittleton View Post
I'm sure peanut butter and jelly happened on the same day, grilled cheese sandwich happen the same day, I'm sure Sunbeam Tiger and Shelby happened the same day. 1.7 liter Sunbeam Alpine engine to a 4.2 Ford engine happen the same day. You all are a bunch of whinning little babies, afraid of change. It was a good thing Shelbly wasn't afraid to do something different.

Bill
Don't forget Reese's Peanut Butter Cups too.

Call me a whining baby, but a Roush/Ford engine in a '63 Corvette Split Window is completely wrong.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Damn, I forgot the reese's peanut butter cups

www.gcperf.com
Old 01-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Peace out, Steve
If only Ford made a crate motor that was current year smog compliant like chevy does, then we would not be discussing an LS3 in a "ford based vehicle"...
Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I guess it all started back in 55 when I put a 265 Chevy into a 300SL....then I put a Caddy in 49 Ford...called it a Fordalac....and a 350 Chevy in a 32 Ford Coupe...called it ordinary...

Last edited by Bartruff1; 01-07-2010 at 07:41 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

OK Bill, show us; show us some "change we can believe in!" (he he he) Install chebbies in all your BDRs then sell them. Show us you're not afraid. That's right, we're not talking good old PB&J here are we, we're talking grilled peanut butter samiches, and cheese and jelly samiches. Mmmmmmm! Some things just don't go together man! Whiny baby? Just because I hammered a little on the cross gender car fawning? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz!

What the heck is with the "same day" stuff anyway, kinda lost me there. Anything to do with the Earl of Samich?

Steve
Old 01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
I guess it all started back in 55 when I put a 265 Chevy into a 300SL....then I put a Caddy in 49 Ford...called it a Fordalac....and a 350 Chevy in a 32 Ford Coupe...called it ordinary...
Cool! That's really the history of the Hotrod in America.

I was tired of the 4 banger in my 1971 Datsun 510, so I put a Capri V6 motor and trans in it when I was 18.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 01-07-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Challenge Car, RDI aluminum 427w
Not Ranked     

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I saw a SPF Brock Coupe (I'll never call is a Shelby) in the Detroit area that was being updated to a LS7/T-56 combo. Dry Sump, lowered motor, removable trans mount, new dash & necessary electronics and a few other custom mods. Engine HP was said to be mid-500s.

Should be a great ride with HP, great engine controls and aerodynamics. I would expect the gas mileage and performance to be better than a stock LS7/Z06.

Jim
Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Cant figure out if you are BSing. Did you put a "Ford" based Roush 427 in your vette? The split windows have always been a favorite. When growing up my neighbor had two in the garage, who knows what they are worth now.
A near perfect small block can be bought for 50k...a very rare big block for 80k .....they made more than 10,500 coupes...goes like stink with that Roush !!!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
OK Bill, show us; show us some "change we can believe in!" (he he he) Install chebbies in all your BDRs then sell them. Show us you're not afraid. That's right, we're not talking good old PB&J here are we, we're talking grilled peanut butter samiches, and cheese and jelly samiches. Mmmmmmm! Some things just don't go together man! Whiny baby? Just because I hammered a little on the cross gender car fawning? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz!

What the heck is with the "same day" stuff anyway, kinda lost me there. Anything to do with the Earl of Samich?

Steve
some people are easier to lose than others, steve Chevy motors in cobra's not a big market, but there are some people like these cars and motors from chevy. We have seen Buick grand national motors, viper motors, big and small block chevy, LS motors. It really doesn't matter what you think or your opinion is, the fact is build what you want. Be different, don't be like everyone else in this world to fit in. Just having fun with you.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You definetly have the right power with the Roush 427. I shifted from 3rd to 4th hard enough the other day that my snot ended up on the windshield. You have understand we had a cold front and it dropped to the mid 50's!!!!

I need to install another lift and get a 63 vette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
A near perfect small block can be bought for 50k...a very rare big block for 80k .....they made more than 10,500 coupes...goes like stink with that Roush !!!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You definetly have the right power with the Roush 427. I shifted from 3rd to 4th hard enough the other day that my snot ended up on the windshield. You have understand we had a cold front and it dropped to the mid 50's!!!!

I need to install another lift and get a 63 vette.
I finally gave up on my GT search and got a Z06.....runs like a turbine...no leaks...no squeaks.. no vibration...no stories....plus you can drive it without creating a scene.. I do not like green eggs and ham or cars that need attention...I want to spend the time I have left exploring my sexual addiction and in the abuse of drugs and alcohol....you need to move, that is not a healthy place to live....see ya, I'm going skiing...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rosenberg View Post
If only Ford made a crate motor that was current year smog compliant like chevy does, then we would not be discussing an LS3 in a "ford based vehicle"...
We are working on this now with Roush and hopefully Ford.

lets just say I am frustrated. --

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com