Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Harley straight pipes can drown you out if they are at the light next to you. These pipes are deeper and don't have the sharp bark that Harley pipes have.

Yes, I do ease up on the throttle when around law enforcement and the neighbors.

I was considering the packed pipes just to take some of the bark out of the sound. I put an ear plug in my left ear and the wife puts one in her right ear when driving. The sound isn't objectionable when out on the street, but does get loud when next to a car or any other object that will reflect the sound back into the car. But not as bad as being next to a Harley. Luckily, the sound is directed away from the car and your ears. Cars at a light next to you will either roll their windows down to listen to you (men) or will crank them up to shut you out (women).

And, there is no talking unless the car is running below 2000 rpm.

And did I mention that it sounds damn good.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

At Performance Engineering we specialize in custom Superformance exhaust systems. We can take your existing side pipe and install our custom 3 inch core stainless steel muffler and re ceramic coat. With 408's we have seen approx 20 HP & 25-30 ft. lbs. torque increase. We have about 50 MKIII's with our custom exhaust work. For more information and pricing please give us a call at (513) 738-5001.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
I put an ear plug in my left ear and the wife puts one in her right ear when driving.

And, there is no talking unless the car is running below 2000 rpm.
All for no extra charge.

Helluva deal !
Old 07-23-2010, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SP02423 KCR 445W 611hp 599ft lbs
Not Ranked     

Well, I guess I got home to late to catch Full throttle and Performance Engineering. I'm interested in their products and if anyone else out there uses these companies I would like their feedback. I appreciate all the input for the exhaust. Now I need to start a post on what clutch and pressure plate they would recommend for the tko 600!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The ones with packing are much more popular - probably 95% of the ones ordered are with packing. They also flow just as well, but absorb sound. Stephen typically orders the 20" bodied ones without packing & 3" cores. His first experience with my Cobrapacks were no packing 20-inchers - he fell in love with the sound. If you order them, keep in mind I can build them as long as 40". The most popular 3" version is a 24" with packing. They also sound very deep & they let the powerful sound through. You will feel an immediate boost in performance if you are switching from the under 2" flowpath stockers.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rare Iron...Classic Chamber. Do you sell sidepipes constructed, jet coated and ready for install or do you sell the components that others put together?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

I have the Chambered exhaust 20 inch with packing. I have driven both cars with and without packing and can tell no difference in sound while driving...both are loud, but the unpacked sound so much better at idle. I would go unpacked if I ever did it again. They just sound more aggressive but not really louder...hard to explain. The dbl level is almost the same as stated by the owner of Chambered Exhaust.

Food for thought..............

Last edited by wanab5150; 07-29-2010 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wanab that is how I intend to go...unpacked! Great to hear from someone that has heard and driven with the cars with the modified pipes. On a sad note. My neighbor asked me to come look at a moisture problem at his house. In the 10 minutes I was gone the UPS truck with all my goodies from Keith Craft came but they wouldn't leave it at the door because I he needed a signature. Aaaaaaaarrrgggh!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

I have replaced quite a few now mostly with the Classic Chambered. Check his website as it has a good rundown on how we replace them, sound bytes, performance data etc. I usually use the 3" baffled at 21" long to give a clean cut on each end and I face the louvres toward the motor for a little more muffling. I think they have a deep and rumbly tone without being excessively loud for cruising, we can talk in the car. They do indeed make some noise when you get on it. The performance difference is phenomanal!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've got all my parts ready to do the motor swap. All I need is some time now. Looks like a winter project. I'm working 7 days a week and have been for about 20 months and looks like I have at least another 2 or 3 months before I complete some commitments. At least next spring will be awesome! Thanks for all the advice.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2765 Roush 427(POS) with cruise.
Not Ranked     

I got mine at Full Throttle also but mine are packed. Don't know which way the louvers are pointed but can't imagine anybody wanting them louder! I just wanted something that breathed better and the sound was a plus. I normally cruise at 2600 and when I up it(to get away from idiots)to 2800 or 3000 it really sounds good! Give Stephen a call and tell him what you want. Cliff

Last edited by 209; 09-28-2010 at 08:10 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm reading & watching...................

Haven't heard from Stephen in a while. Biz may be slow???
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman1961 View Post
Well, I guess I got home to late to catch Full throttle and Performance Engineering. I'm interested in their products and if anyone else out there uses these companies I would like their feedback. I appreciate all the input for the exhaust. Now I need to start a post on what clutch and pressure plate they would recommend for the tko 600!
For me, Roush 427R single plane intake....

I used a side pipe change which cost 4,000 dollars. The gain in HP and TQ was about about the same as Performance Engineering mentioned for their side pipe mod a few posts back. That sounds realistic.

I got rid of the Superformance original headers that covered about an inch of width for each exhaust port on the AFR 205 heads. The new headers covered nothing and make a little more power.

Another 30 wheel HP or so came from my Pro-Systems carb, 1/2 fuel line tank pick up to carb, better fuel filter, S&B taller oval air filter.

Spec stage 3 clutch, aluminum Mcleod flywheel worked nice. It's very streetable saves a pile of weight and is more fun.

Mickey Thomposn ET street drag radials on rear, 275/60 15 work really nice, fit properly, and they are lighter than larger wheel set ups that are heavier and have heavier very expesive tires which don't stick as good.

Dyno sheet after changes.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...3_wheel_HP.JPG

Last edited by greg schroeder; 09-29-2010 at 08:33 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow! $$$$$$$$$
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

We are going to be doing a FireFly install here in a little bit, --will post results.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay....I'm a little behind on beginning my engine swap but this evening I've cleaned the garage and put the car in position. I'll work on the Cobra on weeknights and I've got a master bath renovation going on during the weekends. Plans are since I'm so limited with time is to take all my parts I've collected and purchased from Keith Craft and have Keith and his team assemble and dyno. When I get the motor out the pipes will go out for modification. If any of you have any advice removing and installing motor/tranny in a Superformance other than be careful please let me know. Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD-SPO2660, Southern Automotive 406FE, TKO-600
Not Ranked     

Panavia, have you completed the Firefly install you mentioned in your 10/2 post? I'm thinking about changing my stock SPF headers/sidepipes and FFP is a leading candidate. I just need to determine if they're worth the $$$...I'm interested in your results feedback, or anyone else's for that matter!

Thanks!

Have fun and enjoy life, because when it is over, it is too late!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Sometimes it's easier to get a bigger motor. I still have stock headers/pipes.
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/o...DynoSheet2.jpg
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/o...DynoSheets.jpg
These numbers are RWHP after I toned the engine down to a slightly milder cam and flat/hydraulic lifter.
Scott

Last edited by scootter; 01-05-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I would sit tight on any side pipe purchased for a couple months. More to come.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

How do the Firefly pipes compare to these Mastertouch ones that are air cooled and a little cheaper?
http://mastertouch327.com/2.html