Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsnst1 View Post
I like your car but , whats with the ear plugs, the best part of a great car like this is the roar of the moter and you use ear plugs.
What ear plugs ?

I don't use any ear plugs while driving the Cobra, so where do you seem them ?

I do use them when racing the sprint car though.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Considering the purchase of a video camera, contacted GoPro with an inquiry on an external mike, " audio in " , see below. Replied back asking that there be a way to connect the external mike to existing cameras, not just adding the feature to new cameras. Also, that the internal mike is retained and connecting the external mike would disable the internal mike.

" Currently, our developers and engineers are considering incorporating the audio in feature into the HERO cameras. However, no specifics regarding an ETA have been released.

If you find that you are picking up too much wind noise in your recording, there are several things you can do to minimize this.

1) When you don't need the camera to be waterproof and are traveling under 100MPH, you can use the open back housing door. This will allow for more of the engine or exhaust noise to be picked up by the microphone, and override the wind noise.
2) Mount the camera in a location that is exposed to the wind as little as possible. Placing the camera right in the line of the wind stream, such as at the top of the windshield, will cause the most wind noise.
3) Mount the camera closer to the surface of the car. If the camera is mounted using a fully extended extension arm in an area of high wind, the extension arm itself will generate a bit of wind noise that the camera's microphone will pick up.

Hopefully these tips get you some improved results. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

GoPro Support "

http://www.gopro.com/support
Old 09-19-2010, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Today I tried something a little different with my GoPro. I was hooking up with a local car club for a nice cruise, so we mounted the camera on the back of my friend's car filming backwards towards the convoy. Unfortunately, it didn't really work all that well.

I made sure to drive real close to my friend's car, much closer than I would normally follow, but the wide-angle lens makes it look like I'm very far away. The cars behind me in the convoy can barely be seen (except when my friend stops to make sure we've reached the right bridge). And of course there's hardly any engine sounds, just a bit from my friend's tailpipe (and the booming of his subwoofer in the trunk).

See for yourselves...

Old 09-20-2010, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

If you are needing one with an external mic input, consider the Drift HD170 POV camera.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

For those that are interested in mounts for a standard video camera. These are two that I made up.

First one is for the roll bar.

The dash mount one is adapted from the GoPro dash mount. I just made an adapter that fit the mount and my camera.