Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have watched the video about 150 times, he boils those tires, god bless him.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I love this combination and it will be my next Cobra. The benefits of modern fuel injection, reliability, driveability and probably pass emission if you had to. Car sounds great, not as throaty as a pushrod engine but very very few would notice. Looks great in the engine compartment. I dont think it can get any better.
Ditto to the above.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Looks good in the engine compartment.

________
Old 01-21-2011, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Lopy idle / 110 ft burnout in third / Drag radials

Cobra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0oozO1Rg1k

________
Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Patrickt I need a favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
Here's a nice video with Lance showing how the Coyote-powered MkIII sounds and goes... fabulous!

Patrick, I am back in China and cannot get Utube since its banned, could I ask you A REALLY big favor to work your computer magic and transfer this vid to a vid so that those who cannot get UTube can see and enjoy the moment......? John, AKA, tin-man
Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

the dohc motor from ford is nothing new, im amazed how everyone thinks this is some kind of new technology, my motor puts out 400 to the wheels, fully forged, all aluminum, great mpg, has a unbelievable track record. coyote only races in one class, ford dohc have been dom inating for years.

Last edited by fordracing65; 01-21-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
nice technique get into 2nd, that would probably help me from spinning 360 degrees and floating off the road.
Max, What he did is called "Short Shifting".

________
Old 01-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

If it didn't wheelspin it would have daylighted the front tires, in first and second. It really hikes those things.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #880, Ford Racing 392 w/4 - 48IDA Webers, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraEd View Post
Its smooth quiet idle is due to the cam. Too bad.

The gross duration on the lobes and the lobe separation angle between the lobes are what gives the lumpy "Cobra like" idle. This is an emissions engine and cannot have that.

The 'lumpity-lump' of a high-performance cam comes from the overlap ground into the cam to optimize high RPM performance. Overlap is the amount of time both the intake and exhaust valves are open. At high RPM, it maximizes scavenging of the exhaust and filling the cylinder with the air-fuel mix. At low RPM, excessive overlap creates that 'lumpity-lump' idle we've all come to love. The Coyote has variable cam timing. At low RPM, the cams roll out to reduce overlap and create a smooth idle and manageable power delivery, not to mention an environmentally cleaner exhaust. At higher RPM, the cams roll in, increasing overlap which creates more horsepower. Without the variable cam timing, you would have the power the idle suggests. The beautiful thing about these new motors is with the mass flow and O2 sensors, you will have optimum fuel delivery to maximize efficiency and thus power. Want more power, just add air. The computer does the rest.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice explanation, the coyote motor is a no brainer unless you are an old fart trying to relive your youth with the smell of gasoline and chokes I have to get one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digginfool View Post
The 'lumpity-lump' of a high-performance cam comes from the overlap ground into the cam to optimize high RPM performance. Overlap is the amount of time both the intake and exhaust valves are open. At high RPM, it maximizes scavenging of the exhaust and filling the cylinder with the air-fuel mix. At low RPM, excessive overlap creates that 'lumpity-lump' idle we've all come to love. The Coyote has variable cam timing. At low RPM, the cams roll out to reduce overlap and create a smooth idle and manageable power delivery, not to mention an environmentally cleaner exhaust. At higher RPM, the cams roll in, increasing overlap which creates more horsepower. Without the variable cam timing, you would have the power the idle suggests. The beautiful thing about these new motors is with the mass flow and O2 sensors, you will have optimum fuel delivery to maximize efficiency and thus power. Want more power, just add air. The computer does the rest.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Just change the cams, you can make it sound any way you want, Ford builds these motors for daily drivers, its our job to modify to our specs. (Lumpity lump)
Old 01-30-2011, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #880, Ford Racing 392 w/4 - 48IDA Webers, TKO600
Not Ranked     

I'd rather add air than mess around with cams and computer programming. I'm sure some company will eventually offer something but look at it this way; Coyote... $6,500.00
Ford Racing Coyote Supercharger w/bigger injectors... $7,500.000
$13,500.00, 650 HP Motor for your Cobra... Priceless!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: