Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary osborne View Post
JHV…WardL’s question was valid and deserved an answer. Yes, that is what CC is all about. The issue has never been and currently is not about someone sharing information about a "life threatening” (choke choke snicker snicker) problem. Nor is it about something that is minor in nature like spark plug gaps or metric conversion tables. It is about breaching a legal agreement and publishing copyrighted material on an open forum. SCOF and its members have likely been the source of more valuable SPF information on CC than any other organization including the dealers and factory. There is NO problem with anyone sharing their knowledge without regard for where they gained it.

Since I am apparently among the idiots (or in this case the only idiot) that need to get a life, let me respond that there are other morons on this site who need to buckle up, learn some sense of responsibility and nurture some integrity. There are right ways and wrong ways of gaining what one wants. The mentality of entitlement in this country makes me want to puke. YOU GUYS who think you deserve whatever others have created are the worst kind of morons and when applied across the board your selfish theories will destroy the greatest of societies whether it is America or Club Cobra.

My comment to Blas had nothing to do with non-scof members or readers of the material. In other words, if you’re not a member of scof, it really isn’t any of your business. Perhaps my original comment to Blas was a tad harsh and for that I apologize for the tone of my comments….not the content or spirit. Blas knows me well enough to know that exaggeration is a style I embrace to make a point. I do it somewhat tongue in cheek most the time but it is meant for impact. He also knows, and has subscribed to, the rules of scof and the reasons they exist. He could have easily shared the information in question without breaking any rules, engaging in illegal activity or offending anyone and could have done so with ease. It is not like the rules are particularly oppressive.

Oddly, every one who has whined about the rules are people the rules do not affect in the slightest. So maybe you whiners who dislike scof in spite of the fact you know nothing about it should get a life or maybe protest the practice of kite flying in Holland. That should be at least as important to you.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

You can be sure that after reading this load of SCOF crap,I will never be in the market for one of their cars.

I had no idea of all the self importance .
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

LOL…..good one Hydramada…..point well made….point taken. I will TRY to refrain from further urination in the match.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
You can be sure that after reading this load of SCOF crap,I will never be in the market for one of their cars.

I had no idea of all the self importance .
SCOF is NOT Superformance. Several thousand of us own Superformance cars and are not members of SCOF. I would suggest that tarnishing Superformance due to the actions of a FEW owners is just as silly as how far this thread has digressed from the request for assistance of the OP.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Well I stand corrected then about the cars vs SCOF.

I redirect it to SCOF and those that support it.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary osborne View Post
JHV…WardL’s question was valid and deserved an answer. Yes, that is what CC is all about. The issue has never been and currently is not about someone sharing information about a "life threatening” (choke choke snicker snicker) problem. Nor is it about something that is minor in nature like spark plug gaps or metric conversion tables. It is about breaching a legal agreement and publishing copyrighted material on an open forum. SCOF and its members have likely been the source of more valuable SPF information on CC than any other organization including the dealers and factory. There is NO problem with anyone sharing their knowledge without regard for where they gained it.

Since I am apparently among the idiots (or in this case the only idiot) that need to get a life, let me respond that there are other morons on this site who need to buckle up, learn some sense of responsibility and nurture some integrity. There are right ways and wrong ways of gaining what one wants. The mentality of entitlement in this country makes me want to puke. YOU GUYS who think you deserve whatever others have created are the worst kind of morons and when applied across the board your selfish theories will destroy the greatest of societies whether it is America or Club Cobra.

My comment to Blas had nothing to do with non-scof members or readers of the material. In other words, if you’re not a member of scof, it really isn’t any of your business. Perhaps my original comment to Blas was a tad harsh and for that I apologize for the tone of my comments….not the content or spirit. Blas knows me well enough to know that exaggeration is a style I embrace to make a point. I do it somewhat tongue in cheek most the time but it is meant for impact. He also knows, and has subscribed to, the rules of scof and the reasons they exist. He could have easily shared the information in question without breaking any rules, engaging in illegal activity or offending anyone and could have done so with ease. It is not like the rules are particularly oppressive.

Oddly, every one who has whined about the rules are people the rules do not affect in the slightest. So maybe you whiners who dislike scof in spite of the fact you know nothing about it should get a life or maybe protest the practice of kite flying in Holland. That should be at least as important to you.
Well I am a member of SCOF and it's times like this that I'm almost ashamed of being a member.

So once again, if you can't help Ward out, then stay out of it and send some PM's to those you feel have offended.

What a bunch of BS.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     
Default Follow up picture

I checked all the calipers and brackets on both rear wheels. The only thing that looks like an issue is the lower control arm front mount is rubbing the body side bracket. The set up is adjusted by a large eccentric washer. As you rotate the washer it moves the bolt in or out for adjustment. If this is so, how do you adjust such an arrangement and know it is adjusted properly? I was going to get an alignment and seems like this might need one to adjust properly. I'll try and include a picture.

When you take a picture boy does it show the dirt~! I hope this is the issue because I don't want to pull any bearings.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The eccentric washer is part of what is adjusted when they set the alignment.

Once again I'm real sorry I forgot about this and left yesterday. It would have been real easy in Brian's garage to lift the rear wheels off the ground and check out the wheel bearings. But you can still do it at home by jacking the rear wheels off the ground and putting jack stands under the frame. Then start it up and slowly take it up to speed to see if you hear it. And when you are done, just push in the clutch and shut it off. Don't use the brakes. Let the rear wheels stop on there own.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I don't think that is the issue, if it were it would not be releated to speed but road surface/bumps. Pull off the wheel and look for rub marks and see if any play in hub assembly
Old 08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Randy Thomas of SCOF called and he walked me through several checks and I found my LEFT rear disk rotor lose. It is likely I have to replace the wheel bearing. The little rubbing in the picture I posted earlier is not an issue that I would hear driving down the road. So now I recall last summer hearing a tick-tick noise coming from the LEFT rear wheel. The sound I heard yesterday seemed to be coming from the RIGHT rear.

Randy explained a couple of other owners have experienced a similar issue. I am a SCOF member so I'll check there for procedures. I'll try to follow up and let everyone know what I end up finding.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John, Hey, you helped me a great deal with the corner balancing yesterday. No sweat on the wheel issue. We took a quick look and didn't find anything. If we had found the issue my Cobra (and me/Dad!) would probably still be down in Maple Valley! What a mess that would have been! I appreciate the expertise and support from you when ever we talk.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well I'm glad you found the issue and can get it fixed.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Ford 393
Not Ranked     

WARDL, I'm glad you figured out the problem. Should you ever think it is a wheel bearing issue, a quick way to check is to raise the rear wheels of the ground and see if it has play from side to side. Running the drive train while the wheels are jacked up will most likely not help diagnose a bad hub/wheel bearing noise because you need weight on the assembly to replicate the condition. Not to mention that falling of the jacks while running the drivetrain would be an ass puckering experience... I hope you never have to replace the bearings, but just in case...
Old 08-12-2012, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I didn't read where he found what the issue was. What was the issue causing the noise?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

What is this SCOF? Is it contagious? Can I catch it from another member? Will rash creme cure it? Sure sounds horrible...

Ward, glad to hear you are on the right track!
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is a long story, but I have a replacement left hub due to arrive Tuesday and will replace the bearing and hub. The bearing must have spun on the hub and ruined it. Since I had the time and everything set up, I decided to replace the right wheel bearing while I'm at it. I have received a lot of help from Randy Thomas of SCOF. My installer, Mich Mitchell of Vintage Upgrades & Performance in Humble, TX is parting out a SPF and had the hub at a good price. More when I'm finished!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Wow what a bunch of BS.
I have never met a Super Performance owner who was not a genuine good guy.
Note to self, stay away from people named Gary in Houston, I don't want to break the string.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have managed to replace both rear wheel bearings! I had to buy a new hub for the left side. The left hub was damaged and I used weld overlay to build it up and had it turned down to specs. The heat must have shrunk the hub and it wouldn't go on the axle. Got a used replacement hub. I ruined one green bushing on the upright lower shaft. The green bushing I ordered from Hilbank seemed to be a little too big and was a bugger to get on. The end result seems pretty good so far. The noises went away! The bearings were made in Germany. Thanks again for all the help from Randall Thomas and Mike Mitchel.