Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Looking for a SPF MK III

Since someone was faster than me on the Diamond Edition I found, i have to keep on lookin:

I want to buy an MK III, preferably w/ small block engine
15'' wheels

Preferably in GA or around (my family lives there) or at least on the on the east coast, since I will ship the car to Europe.

Houston, and thereabouts would work as well.

Budget approx. $45k

Thanks!

Dan

Last edited by dan512; 11-20-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 11-19-2013, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2729, 351W
Not Ranked     

Where is your family in Georgia? If I can help by looking at a car for you in my area I will be glad to look.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2234 Diamond Edition, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Hi Dan!

Take a look at Olthoff (www.olthoffracing.com)- and give Dennis Olthoff a call. (he does not like mails and the website is not actual)

Dennis and his crew is in North Carolina - he is a straight shooter and have lots of experience in Superformance. He is a great person to deal with and when you need parts or advices he will help you a lot.

And the important thing: when he told you a car is good then it is really good and you waist no time and travelling costs. Nothing worse as a flight to the states for a crappy car!

To raise your budget to 50.000 or 55.000 will help - try to get a perfect car - it will be cheaper at the end (shipping parts and taxes to Europe makes no fun) - and with import the car to Roterdam you will save some of the additional costs.

One other point...your car should have a 1965 or 1966 title!!!! 15" wheels are ok but the only good tire is the Avon and they are expensive - so 17" wheels will not be correct but will safe money and give you a plus in safety.

Greetings from icecold Austria

Peter
SPF1061 likes this.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hess View Post
Where is your family in Georgia? If I can help by looking at a car for you in my area I will be glad to look.
They live in Madison, 30650 GA
FordGTOC likes this.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2729, 351W
Not Ranked     

That's about 20 miles from where I live. If you need some help, let me know!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hess View Post
That's about 20 miles from where I live. If you need some help, let me know!
Great! My sister-in-law's in-laws (am I making any sense here?) live there and Chris knows his way around cars, but I'll keep in touch, better 4 eyes than 2, especially since you know SPF's.

And worst case I'll drop in on you on my next visit with them. Which should take some time. Next trip over the big pond is to see some friends in Oregon in February. So if you know of a nice Cobra for sale up there (Portland area), I'm in

Last edited by dan512; 11-23-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

In addition to Cobra Country which lists a large number of Superformance MkIIIs for sale, you might also want to check out the SCOF "for sale" page: Superformance Owners Association ** FOR SALE SITE **
Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
In addition to Cobra Country which lists a large number of Superformance MkIIIs for sale, you might also want to check out the SCOF "for sale" page: Superformance Owners Association ** FOR SALE SITE **
Thanks, will do
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You need to be looking for a backdraft. $45k for a SPF is far in few unless a 12 year old chassis. They come along once a year at best. New spf rollers are 53k?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default SPF MKIII Available

dan512

There is a Titanium and Indigo blue stripes MKIII Available right now in Lexington, Kentucky with a small block and in your price range.

Call me and I will put you in contact with the owner who is a member of the Kentucky Cobra Club.

Juan
502-635-5711

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904
Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
You need to be looking for a backdraft. $45k for a SPF is far in few unless a 12 year old chassis. They come along once a year at best. New spf rollers are 53k?
I know, but I won't be able to register a Backdraft where I live. There's a few SPF's here, so even if it's difficult, at least it has to be possible.

I don't really mind a 12 year old car, unless there have been essential upgrades during production. I just started a new thread about that.

Dan

Last edited by dan512; 11-20-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Dan -
Peter's suggestion that you contact Dennis Olthoff is excellent. I have been doing business with Dennis for 12 years. He is a no BS good guy that knows SPFs better than anyone. Like Peter said, don't bother with email. Call him at the shop. (704) 798-1717
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Superformance Owners Association ** FOR SALE SITE **
Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydramada View Post
Thanks. Already mailed him this morning and will call Olthoffs tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You sound paniced that you must have one now. Slow down and relax unless a smoking deal comes along. The good news is the market really slows down until March, especially after the first big snow up North.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I suppose it cuts into your available funds for purchase, but I flew across the country, looked at a Cobra, bought it, enjoyed a week vacation at the beach and shipped it home. I was encouraged to drive it home, but so glad I didn't drive it 2,200 miles. It is good to know your Cobra pretty well before you go very far in it. Like they say, the hunt is half the fun!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You sound paniced that you must have one now. Slow down and relax unless a smoking deal comes along. The good news is the market really slows down until March, especially after the first big snow up North.
Not I'm not panicked, dont' worry, just mad I missed the deal on that Diamond Edition, but hey, the Winter just started, I figured prices would go down. And we did have the first snow over here last night.

Dan
Old 11-21-2013, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

The internet has given a advantage to the buyer.

If I were you, I would post some of those " Want to buy, cash in hand " ads in here and there (Hemmings) and everywhere (Cobra Country).

Use Craigslist, Auto Trader ect in those areas you are willing to shop.

You might just find a distressed sale or someone who is considering selling but has not taken the step.

Just to share a note, we had a investment banker from Germany as a house guest this summer and I have a small car collection including a couple Porsches and when we decided to take a spin...he only wanted to go in the Superformance and he just laughed out loud when it started up. Had a ball.

Now he said you could never license one in Germany (Too loud, no safety equipment), but he was a banker and not a expert on what could be licensed.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think a better technique is to look at old cobra adds on club cobra. I bet there are a number out there that never sold and the owner just blew it off. Call one of those guys and stir the fire you could land a great deal. as far as cobra country, it is the premier site, incredible deals are rare.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think a better technique is to look at old cobra adds on club cobra. I bet there are a number out there that never sold and the owner just blew it off. Call one of those guys and stir the fire you could land a great deal. as far as cobra country, it is the premier site, incredible deals are rare.
That is a good idea...no analysis here, but I seldom see a listing for 45k for a Superformance...that appears to be about the limit of their depreciation... but deals come along.