Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351 W
Not Ranked     
Default Officially in the market!!

Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself. I've been in love with the Cobra from day one, and I considered building one around 2000, and got hooked on Superformance kits when I went to a car show at Charlotte Speedway back in 2002-2005. Life happened, and I've gotten into Germany cars with technology, but have always wanted something analog and old school. I'm now in a position to pick up a cobra to start my car collection.

Hopefully I will not ask too many silly questions, and that my search goes well. My 2 favorite colors are the standard blue and white stripe, and the silver with black stripe.

Back in 2005.
The old BMW stable.
Current V8 stable. Awaiting a Cobra to join the party.

Gerald
Attached Images

Last edited by 03BeastCharmer; 01-03-2015 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: "Now" in a position to pick one up!
Old 01-02-2015, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Hi Gerald, and welcome to the madness!

You will be happy with your choice of Superformance. Have you been able to take a ride or test drive one yet?

You wrote that you're "not in a position" to buy a Cobra. Did you mean to write that you're now in a position to buy? Or what's your timeline?
Old 01-02-2015, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BD 1445 Coyote TKO 600 3.91
Not Ranked     

Gerald

Hi there...

I have a Blue and White Cobra that my wife and I were discussing to sell just the other day.

Not sure what your looking for or if your in the market!

Ours is unique.

An Everette Morrison
Corvette independant suspension
Lingenfelter Chevy 406 Spec motor
523 horsepower.

700r4 automatic transmission

FULL documentation and every mile driven documented. A little over 28,000 miles

6 inch thick binder of blueprints, all parts over 2000 photos of build.

Will be asking 47,500.00

We are in Texas.

my email is dougpjensen@gmail.com 713 253 6598

Cheers and good luck!

Doug Jensen
Old 01-02-2015, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I love the M3, very nice.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Yep!!! Superformance!! Resale is not all bad either! I've had a number of different kits, replicas, rollers or what ever you want to call them. Good Luck on your choice as I'm sure I will get hammered on this.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Gerald,

Welcome!

Superformance makes great cars, they have quite a following. Not sure where you are located, but look in the Club Forums to find a group near you and meet up with the locals. There are bound to be several Superformance owners that would be glad to show you their cars. Take a look on Cobra Country as well, a great place to window shop.

You can buy new or find a nice ‘used’ one and save a lot of money … there are lots of choices. Most of all have fun, you will meet a lot of great people here.

- Tim
Old 01-03-2015, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry, that was supposed to be "Now" looking for one, or at least starting the research regarding changes over the production cycle (pre 1000/1800 cars), and engine options. I'm looking used versus brand new.

I haven't sat in one since that picture was taken back in 2005. I'm in Houston, and I've seen a few cobras in town but I don't remember any being Superformance cars. I know radical roadsters is near, but they specialize in backdraft cars, and I think I still prefer Superformance, unless the prices really are all in the mid $60K+.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Viking Blue "64" 289 FIA comp car by Superformance #0002, Keith Craft - 331 (460HP), Jim Inglese - 48IDA Weber carbs, BW T10 4spd.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry, that was supposed to be "Now" looking for one, or at least starting the research regarding changes over the production cycle (pre 1000/1800 cars), and engine options. I'm looking used versus brand new.

I haven't sat in one since that picture was taken back in 2005. I'm in Houston, and I've seen a few cobras in town but I don't remember any being Superformance cars. I know radical roadsters is near, but they specialize in backdraft cars, and I think I still prefer Superformance, unless the prices really are all in the mid $60K+.
Radical Roadsters of Texas is a Backdraft dealer but also offers service and resale of many other brands. James (owner) is very knowledgeable, friendly and trustworthy. Many of us here in the Houston area go to Radical Roadsters of Texas for our Cobra needs. They took excellent care of my Superformance 289 FIA and I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy, inspect or service a Cobra.

Welcome and all the best on your search.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_mQwBfYRck[/ame]

Old 01-03-2015, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gerald-

Amazing to find you here! I guess guys who have driven Z4M coupes think alike!

I'm putting a deposit on an ERA kit shortly. I'm going with a 428 ci BB with dual carbs. I haven't decided if I'll "assemble" the motor myself, or use an engine builder. I have a lead on a rebuilt 428 short block in Houston, but I'm still considering options.

If you can, go to the next Houston Cobra Club meeting and talk to the guys there. That's what I did in December. Good guys with a bunch of knowledge. They also have a group forum on Yahoo.

See you at the Houston BMWCCA banquet.

Jeff Conley
Old 01-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

We have a customer Superformance MK III available as a resale unit. Indigo blue with white stripes. Ford Racing 392 CID/475 HP with a TKO 600. Coated headers and sidepipes, top, tonneau and very well sorted.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 01-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Wrong pictures!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconley View Post
Gerald-

Amazing to find you here! I guess guys who have driven Z4M coupes think alike!

I'm putting a deposit on an ERA kit shortly. I'm going with a 428 ci BB with dual carbs. I haven't decided if I'll "assemble" the motor myself, or use an engine builder. I have a lead on a rebuilt 428 short block in Houston, but I'm still considering options.

If you can, go to the next Houston Cobra Club meeting and talk to the guys there. That's what I did in December. Good guys with a bunch of knowledge. They also have a group forum on Yahoo.

See you at the Houston BMWCCA banquet.

Jeff Conley
Talk about a small world..... I'll have to look at the yahoo group, and find out when then next meet is. Really would be nice to see a couple of examples before moving forward.

Congrats on your project as well.