Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patrickt

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Big Feet In A Small Footbox?

Over the years I've admired the beauty and performance of the Cobra, and researched both building and buying.

A friend of a friend had a Factory Five, and he generously took me for a drive and offered to let me give it a spin. I had to decline, as the footbox was so small there was no way my big feet could operate a pedal without risking actuation of the adjacent.

Earlier this year, Mark IV posted: "Yes there are now THREE footbox configurations that allow for different engines. The "standard" foot box setup allows either the Windsor series, the "FE" series or the "385" series engines. A no cost option is the "small block" footbox that gives more width and will only accommodate the Windsor engines. Last is the "Modular" footbox that will handle the 4.6/5.4 engines and the 5.0 Coyote."

So my question is for the big Superformance owners, with big feet, who drive "small block" footbox cars: Do you have adequate room to safely operate all three pedals? Do you have to wear driving shoes? Are there any mods which will provide a little more room?

Thanks in advance for your response.

MYF
Old 08-08-2015, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In my old Factory Five I had the bend the pedals out and wear driving shoes.
In my current Superformace I have no problems and can wear any shoe I chose.
I wear a 13 wide for the most part, some times a 14.
Dan
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.

Last edited by DWRAT; 08-08-2015 at 02:53 PM..
Old 08-08-2015, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is encouraging!

Thanks Dan!
Old 08-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I don't know about SPF cars -- the pedals come down from the top and, frankly, I don't know whether that helps, hurts, or makes no difference on the distance you can put between them. On my ERA car, I had the pedals spread a bit because I have 12EEE feet. I still have a dead pedal, and I can heel and toe comfortably. If the SPF "wider" foot box is basically the same as the ERA standard box, I would think you could do something similar if the pedals allow for a bit of fabbing on their installation. Here's a pic that should give you an idea of what's down there. So, eight years a member and you manage to muster up just three posts? What's up with that?

Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

The majority of SPF are the "medium" (fit Windsor and FE setups) footboxes and we have a lot of large customers so I assume they are able to work the pedals as they seem to regularly drive to our events!

I can supply the footbox outlines if you forward an email address.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 08-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Regardless of the car's make, your pedal spacing tends to grow over the years. My pedals seem much farther apart now than they did when I first got the car ten years ago.
66gtk likes this.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

It does help to be selective in the choice of footwear for driving. I have not resorted to driving shoes yet as I did find a pair of Sketchers that were styled fairly narrow and the soles are smooth around the edges and don't protrude out past the leather portion. Most other casual shoes I have seem to have the edges of the soles sticking out quite a bit all around the uppers. And they hang on the pedals and both shoes sometimes hang up on each other. And shoes with lug soles that are knobby on the sides will really cause you problems.

The Cobra foot box and slightly skewed seating position does feel a bit un-natural at first but I got used to it pretty quickly.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Foot Box Space

I have a newer Superformance with a 13-14 shoe size. No problems what so ever when wearing my driving shoes. My clod hoppers don't fit as well.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all for your responses! Your big feet are about the same size as my big feet, so I'm glad that I'll likely not have a problem in a Superformance.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Footbox diagrams are on the way to you as requested.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/