Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By patrickt

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2020, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Changes / Improvements

Anyone have a list of factory changes / improvements and years they happened?
Old 03-08-2020, 10:44 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

There are a couple of threads here that document most of the major changes in the MK III. Brakes, cowl height, footbox drop, etc.

If you need info on a particular car email us.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by scregan View Post
Anyone have a list of factory changes / improvements and years they happened?
Of course there is, but nobody here wants to get off their ass and take the time to tell you what they are.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not too hard using Google. Took almost 2 seconds.

Superformance Mark-III Upgrades and Improvements
Old 03-08-2020, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for your insiteful responce. I did find the superformance list, but no dates or chassis # was given for the series 300 listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
Not too hard using Google. Took almost 2 seconds.

Superformance Mark-III Upgrades and Improvements
Old 03-08-2020, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Of course there is, but nobody here wants to get off their ass and take the time to tell you what they are.
???????????????????????
Old 03-08-2020, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks MKIV, I sent you an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
There are a couple of threads here that document most of the major changes in the MK III. Brakes, cowl height, footbox drop, etc.

If you need info on a particular car email us.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:12 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by scregan View Post
???????????????????????
A lot of people around here, instead of answering your question, will tell you to search the issue, use Google, or something similar instead of just telling you the answers. It's mostly because they're basically too lazy to actually sit down and write out a cogent response. Another irritating reply that you'll receive, after posting a thoughtful question, is "I sent you a PM." That's particularly irritating to other owners/enthusiasts who have the same question and would enjoy reading the answer. Once again, it's because they don't want to take the time to write out a really thoughtful and useful reply. Trust me, if your question had been about ERAs, I would have happily given you a detailed response. Probably more detailed than you would even want.
timsullivan, rodneym and DWRAT like this.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks patrickt
Old 03-08-2020, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you're serious about an SPF purchase I'd join S.C.O.F.
Complimentary S.C.O.F. Guest Technical Library Preview

I'm jealous since Backdraft doesn't have... well forget it.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:04 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
... had been about ERAs, I would have happily given you a detailed response. Probably more detailed than you would even want.
Come on now. You would have given us more detail then we wanted regardless.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Come on now. You would have given us more detail then we wanted regardless.
True. But he's been on here since 2006 -- we need to get him behind the wheel of a Kirkham or an ERA.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

I love my superformance. It was cheap-ish, and I can drive it and beat on it a little and not feel bad.

But after seeing Rodney's kirkham up close.. man, if you can afford it, they're beautiful. Suspension, body. Everything.

Especially the suspension. I'd put mine on a rack too so I could slide under and look around.

Btw my mysterious leak returned �� it'll probably go away and return to visit later again.

-Dave
Old 03-09-2020, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 289 Street
Not Ranked     

Quote:
A lot of people around here, instead of answering your question, will tell you to search the issue, use Google, or something similar instead of just telling you the answers. It's mostly because they're basically too lazy to actually sit down and write out a cogent response. Another irritating reply that you'll receive, after posting a thoughtful question, is "I sent you a PM." That's particularly irritating to other owners/enthusiasts who have the same question and would enjoy reading the answer. Once again, it's because they don't want to take the time to write out a really thoughtful and useful reply. Trust me, if your question had been about ERAs, I would have happily given you a detailed response. Probably more detailed than you would even want.
Pretty much sums it up. ; ) “You can always use the search function, sniff..”
Old 03-09-2020, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

One thing nice about doing a little research here first is that you will get the entire gambit of reply’s to a previously asked question instead of only A few peoples replies to a repeat question. You will miss a lot of real life experiences. From an historical perspective, there is a wealth of information in older posts. As many have said, loosing this website would be a tremendous loss of information. While I have a tremendous amount of info saved, I still mine this site for information from time to time. Peoples past experiences doing something are great sources of info, especially for the new owner. I will often suggest a PM and I’ll share my contact info with them in a reply. Try explaining the rear top shock mount bracket issue in an post or email. A phone call is so much easier. While +99% of the time the bracket is ok with a visual inspection, I have thankfully caught a few compromised brackets with the owner sending photos back or on the phone with them while they are actually inspecting their car.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 03-09-2020 at 11:24 AM..
Old 03-09-2020, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Have done lots of reading. Up to page 52 of posts