Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Looking for a SPF (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/143998-looking-spf.html)

jacobsed 09-11-2020 03:08 PM

Thank you Frank for saving all of us from the atrocities being committed in the replica cobra market. Anyone who spent more than $38.5 on a SPF should feel terrible about themselves.

NROTOXIN 09-11-2020 04:20 PM

Wow, Someone has a hardon for a particular group. What was the OP question again?

patrickt 09-11-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NROTOXIN (Post 1482479)
Wow, Someone has a hardon for a particular group. What was the OP question again?

Well, I'm sure if I ever logged on the SCOF forum I would be kicked off in short order as well.:LOL:

NROTOXIN 09-11-2020 09:16 PM

How do you know you would or wouldn't? It's only a rumor OR let's just say like all stories there are two sides. There are others on other sites that say you would not fit....how would they know? Are you or they right?.........well are you /they punk! (Clint squint)

BB 67 Corvette 09-11-2020 09:27 PM

You're Not Missing Anything!

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1482483)
Well, I'm sure if I ever logged on the SCOF forum I would be kicked off in short order as well.:LOL:

LOL Patrick. It doesn't take much to get kicked off.....just have an opinion that differs from the Administrator and his Cronies. Anyway, you are not missing much. Most of the posts have nothing to do with cars and are made by people looking to fill their day (many members are between 70 and 80 years old with nothing better to do). SCOF membership and the number of posts has been decreasing for years and I think that's why. I was warned about them from others SCOF members because they knew I wouldn't drink the Kool-Aide, or ignore the Forum like they do.:LOL: Anyway, I still have my SCOF friends if I need anything and I had a blast on my way out the door! :3DSMILE:

Lou1119 09-11-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482495)
LOL Patrick. It doesn't take much to get kicked off.....just have an opinion that differs from the Administrator and his Cronies. Anyway, you are not missing much. Most of the posts have nothing to do with cars and are made by people looking to fill their day (many members are between 70 and 80 years old with nothing better to do). SCOF membership and the number of posts has been decreasing for years and I think that's why. I was warned about them from others SCOF members because they knew I wouldn't drink the Kool-Aide, or ignore the Forum like they do.:LOL: Anyway, I still have my SCOF friends if I need anything and I had a blast on my way out the door! :3DSMILE:

What the hell is wrong with people between 70 and 80 years old you dildo?

patrickt 09-12-2020 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou1119 (Post 1482496)
What the hell is wrong with people between 70 and 80 years old you dildo?

Over 70 is old, over 60 is still vibrant.:cool:

Sawdust 09-12-2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482495)

Somebody must have really **** in your corn flakes on SCOF.

Let me give you the other side of the story........ When I bought my SPF in 2011 I joined SCOF. Best damn thing I ever did! The support, knowledge, technical, part numbers, and overall assistance with SPF ownership is second to none in the industry. As a matter of fact if I were to buy another Cobra it would only be an SPF.

mrmustang 09-12-2020 08:29 AM

Nobody should be offended by ones opinions based on their personal experience. In this case, it appears that is what is now happening. Are we not polarized as a country already, do we really need to have to draw a line in the sand here as well..

Just my two cents worth this AM, sad to read, but true.

Bill S.

PS: Can't we all get along?

S1965C 09-12-2020 08:41 AM

SCOF, in a nutshell, has always been thick on banter but an outstanding source for R&R on a Superformance. You just have to filter through all the noise.

Adding to the OP and other comments, you can find an SPF in the $40K range but they are all older builds (pre 2000) and you can expect to have to perform various needed upgrades and/or the engines have some mileage on them. With an worn FE expect at minimum $55-60K (cars with FEs always command higher resale values...it's just a plain fact). Deals are always out there but the final cost is usually a "you get what you pay for" endpoint. Good luck!

jeffgrice 09-12-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482403)
Thanks for the welcome. To be honest with you, many of the conversations on the SCOF Board have nothing to do with Superformance Cobras, or cars in general. Many of the posts are lonely members or "know it alls" (especially the grumpy old man from Texas) posting pack and forth everyday conversations to pass the time of day. I have a couple close friends who are members of SCOF and they stopped posting or reading the Forum a long time ago. They just use it as another source of technical information, but as "dig deeper" I question the value of that too.

As pointed out herein SCOF may not be for everyone

cycleguy55 09-12-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NROTOXIN (Post 1482493)
How do you know you would or wouldn't? It's only a rumor OR let's just say like all stories there are two sides. There are others on other sites that say you would not fit....how would they know? Are you or they right?.........well are you /they punk! (Clint squint)

It's been my experience there are usually three sides, not two.
  1. Side A
  2. Side B
  3. The Truth - usually somewhere between A & B.

twobjshelbys 09-12-2020 02:47 PM

My experience with the lowballer are they think everything is overpriced. (Or are bottom feeders - usually dealers - that think everything is a stress sale.) My answer to them is "well, if you can find one for that then you should buy it and if you don't then I will". To a tee, they still don't have one. That applied to both Cobras and Ford GTs. There are still people that think you can get a Ford GT (05-06) for under 200k. And so far every time I've gotten closer to my number than theirs.

patrickt 09-12-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1482543)
There are still people that think you can get a Ford GT (05-06) for under 200k.

You can!

https://cs.copart.com/v1/AUTH_svc.pd...8053b928cb.JPG

twobjshelbys 09-12-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1482546)

Yes, you can get cars in current wrecked state for less, but someone will rebuild it and sell it for 200K+. That's one of the less damaged cars I've seen resurrected. Front end damage is pretty easy. Rear end/engine support is pretty major.

Mark IV 09-12-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1482548)
Yes, you can get cars in current wrecked state for less, but someone will rebuild it and sell it for 200K+. That's one of the less damaged cars I've seen resurrected. Front end damage is pretty easy. Rear end/engine support is pretty major.

Buff right out.

craigayl 09-12-2020 04:24 PM

Nice thread guys. NOT! What is with the family bashing?

I have been around as long as any of you and much longer than most and brand bashing has suddenly risen to a new high here on CC. Seems to me, responsible members would be would be more interested in shutting this down rather than fanning flames.

It takes a lot for me to weigh in on any BS, but this one has touched a nerve. Yes, I am a proud SCOF member, but I have no energy for public slander of any owner or any car. The reason there are many manufactures and many Forums or Clubs is because one size never fits all. Find what's to your liking and go for it. Enjoy it. No one is making any progress by bashing.

Have a nice day

Craig Aylsworth SPF1265

patrickt 09-12-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigayl (Post 1482550)

It takes a lot for me to weigh in on any BS, but this one has touched a nerve.

Craig's Cobras sounds familiar... don't you advertise over on SCOF?:confused:

craigayl 09-12-2020 05:03 PM

I don't advertise anywhere. At least not intentionally. I do have a web site, craigscobras.com that I put together years ago just to share tips with others and I do small SPF projects for friends. I'm retired 20 years from Ford and loving it

twobjshelbys 09-12-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigayl (Post 1482550)
Nice thread guys. NOT! What is with the family bashing?

I have been around as long as any of you and much longer than most and brand bashing has suddenly risen to a new high here on CC. Seems to me, responsible members would be would be more interested in shutting this down rather than fanning flames.

It takes a lot for me to weigh in on any BS, but this one has touched a nerve. Yes, I am a proud SCOF member, but I have no energy for public slander of any owner or any car. The reason there are many manufactures and many Forums or Clubs is because one size never fits all. Find what's to your liking and go for it. Enjoy it. No one is making any progress by bashing.

Have a nice day

Craig Aylsworth SPF1265

Ha. Don't forget this forum's disdain of anything Shelby. And heaven forbid should you actually buy one.