Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Looking for a SPF (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/143998-looking-spf.html)

mrmustang 09-17-2020 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1482735)
I don't think that one will last long. I'm drooling and with no sales tax in NV it's a pretty compelling car. It would even fit in the garage. My wife would divorce me though.

That sellers premise only works well if the buyer is also in NV, anywhere else, and guess what, sales tax will be collected, just saying.....;)

Bill S.

DWRAT 09-17-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1482755)
That sellers premise only works well if the buyer is also in NV, anywhere else, and guess what, sales tax will be collected, just saying.....;)

Bill S.

No sales tax in Arizona as long as it's a private party sale.

8Ball 09-17-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482565)
You hit the nail on the head! Like you said, a lot of politics and BS on the SCOF Board. If you don't agree with the SCOF Administrator/Owner (Randall Thomas) and his Cronies, like Gary Osborne, they will try to make you feel inferior. They bash other cobra replica brands, especially Back Draft, and this Club Cobra forum. In there mind, nothing is better than a SPF Cobra and the SCOF forum members. Yes, there are some honest knowledgeable people on the SCOF Board, but they have more than their share of a$$holes too, which is why membership is dwindling. The technical "library" is ok, but most of the information can be found elsewhere and if not, there are very knowledgeable people here who can help, or get you what you need :D Anyway, most of the SCOF posts are self serving. Call them out on their self serving posts and you will be banned, like me. Funny how all the great "upgrades" they talk about on the SCOF Board are sold by Cobra Valley which is owned by the SCOF Administrator/Owner. Hmmmm

exactly like what you are doing!!!!

Karl Bebout 09-17-2020 10:48 AM

TommyRot, just get a couple girl friends to buy those two cars and then you can sc--ew them out of them...too:eek:

BB 67 Corvette 09-17-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Ball (Post 1482766)
exactly like what you are doing!!!!

Thanks 8Ball!

BB 67 Corvette 09-17-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1482735)
I don't think that one will last long. I'm drooling and with no sales tax in NV it's a pretty compelling car. It would even fit in the garage. My wife would divorce me though.

Paying, or not paying, sales tax doesn't mean much when the car is $20k over priced.

twobjshelbys 09-17-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482772)
Paying, or not paying, sales tax doesn't mean much when the car is $20k over priced.

Why do you care? Every time I see this "it's over priced" mantra it's some bottom feeder that can't afford to buy one. Why don't you move on? You're not going to get any help here.

BB 67 Corvette 09-17-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1482776)
Why do you care? Every time I see this "it's over priced" mantra it's some bottom feeder that can't afford to buy one. Why don't you move on? You're not going to get any help here.

With all due respect, I already own a Superformance Cobra and a a small collection of real vintage cars. Affordability has never been an issue with me. I just don't like to pay more than fair value, and I despise people that try to create a market that doesn't exist. You ask "why do I care" and I care because I'm trying to help the Op obtain a nice car at a fair price. Have a nice day.

Lou1119 09-17-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482780)
With all due respect, I already own a Superformance Cobra and a a small collection of real vintage cars. Affordability has never been an issue with me. I just don't like to pay more than fair value, and I despise people that try to create a market that doesn't exist. You ask "why do I care" and I care because I'm trying to help the Op obtain a nice car at a fair price. Have a nice day.

Put a sock in it! Everyone is tired of your babble

Randy Rosenberg 09-17-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

I'm sure that if the OP wants your help, then he knows how to reach you. You've made your position crystal clear. It is time to move on.

patrickt 09-17-2020 02:47 PM

... and that sound you hear is a whetstone on the chine of a scythe.:cool:

jacobsed 09-17-2020 04:32 PM

Please sell your SPF to him at fair market value and get out of here.

Quote:

twobjshelbys 09-17-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobsed (Post 1482795)
Please sell your SPF to him at fair market value and get out of here.

He'd want 80k

jacobsed 09-17-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1482797)
He'd want 80k

Exactly!!

BB 67 Corvette 09-17-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou1119 (Post 1482786)
Put a sock in it! Everyone is tired of your babble

There seems to be a lot of hostility here for no apparent reason. All I have done is try to help the Op and voice my opinion. Last time I checked, that was my First Amendment Right.

If you don't like my opinion, don't read my posts. I'll take the high road here and not attack the naysayers from the SCOF board.

Lou1119 09-17-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette (Post 1482803)
There seems to be a lot of hostility here for no apparent reason. All I have done is try to help the Op and voice my opinion. Last time I checked, that was my First Amendment Right.

If you don't like my opinion, don't read my posts. I'll take the high road here and not attack the naysayers from the SCOF board.

You are correct that is your First Amendment Right. I’m not sure where in the Constitution it gives you the right to be a flaming A Hole.:

BB 67 Corvette 09-17-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou1119 (Post 1482804)
You are correct that is your First Amendment Right. I’m not sure where in the Constitution it gives you the right to be a flaming A Hole.:

You are entitled to your opinion, and I will not be silenced with mine. Just Curious...did someone of the SCOF board sell you an overpriced car? You seem very bitter. Have a nice day.

BB 67 Corvette 09-17-2020 07:43 PM

CSX Continuation for Sale at a Fair Price

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWRAT (Post 1482001)
I'm looking for a Superformance 427.
Would like a SPO# 1750 or higher if possible.
Let me know if you have something for sale.
Thanks
Dan

This CSX 4000 continuation Shelby can be bought in the Mid $90's (maybe less). It's been for sale for over a year which shows how soft the market it. Not sure if you would consider a CSX, but it is a fair price.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Amer...ting=245613991

Phx Mike 09-17-2020 07:46 PM

Dan maybe you better just buy an ERA....

olddog 09-17-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou1119 (Post 1482804)

The same amendment that gives you the right to call him names, but be careful you can be liable for defamation of character.

I am starting to understand why he has a case of the ass for you all.