Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-2020, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for a SPF

I'm looking for a Superformance 427.
Would like a SPO# 1750 or higher if possible.
Let me know if you have something for sale.
Thanks
Dan
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:12 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

We are working to broker a very clean 1900 series car with a Ford Racing 392. Will have full details and photos shortly.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 09-01-2020, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Did you check Cobra Country?
Old 09-01-2020, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Did you check Cobra Country?
Yes I have in the past.
Seems everything on that site is over priced.
No more Furds.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:21 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

We have a owner here in the Northwest, that has a 2004-5? Superformance 392 Ford racing, TKO-600, with 940miles. Hasn't been driven in years, Started about every 6-months (So good but also bad). Last time we talked he wanted around 50K. I can get you in touch with him. I've made him a offer of what I thought it was worth, guess what he still has it The memoires of him buying it (New) for 87K, are still stuck in his head TommyRot.

Last edited by Alfa02; 09-02-2020 at 10:23 AM..
Old 09-02-2020, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
We have a owner here in the Northwest, that has a 2004-5? Superformance 392 Ford racing, TKO-600, with 940miles. Hasn't been driven in years, Started about every 6-months (So good but also bad). Last time we talked he wanted around 50K. I can get you in touch with him. I've made him a offer of what I thought it was worth, guess what he still has it The memoires of him buying it (New) for 87K, are still stuck in his head TommyRot.
PM sent.
Thank you
No more Furds.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:32 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Neutral     

PM sent back Dan.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:05 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Great talking with you Dan. Sorry it didn't work out with Don, like we said he's stuck at that number, and his car isn't going UP in value Cheers TommyRot.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, '65 427/MKIII with Roush V8 - 351W w/770cfm 4BBL Holley, 514hp
Not Ranked     

Hello DWRAT .. I know someone with an SPF he's planning to sell. I think it has a 402 V8 in it I believe. I do know the engine/tranny final install was done by Olthoff in NC. If you'd like pursue, PM me and I'll provide his contact info.

Mark

Superformance: SPO2454 , Titanium w/Black Stripes
Engine: Roush 427SR w/770cfm 4-Barrel Holley
Transmission: Tremec TKO-600
Old 09-09-2020, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Great talking with you Dan. Sorry it didn't work out with Don, like we said he's stuck at that number, and his car isn't going UP in value Cheers TommyRot.
he wants $87k for an SPF? wow
Old 09-09-2020, 05:12 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

No Mike he wants 50K now. He still thinks since it only has 940 miles on it. It should be worth much more, then even 50K, but 50 would buy it.. TommyRot.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Red/White Stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Don't Believe the Superformance Cobra Hype

Don't get me wrong, the SPF Cobra is a quality replica, but the "value" most owners ascribe to them, especially members of SCOF, is crazy and self serving. I bought my small block SPF Cobra in June for $38.5k. My car had 7k miles and was in excellent condition. My buddy in Texas bought a mint big block SPF Cobra for $44k. If a Buyer is patient, they can find a nice SPF small block for around $40k and a nice SPF big block for around 45k. Paying $60k to $70k for these used REPLICA cars is, in my opinion, ridiculous and paying $80k to 90k for a new REPLICA is even crazier. I got into a discussion about the value of these SPF Cobra's on the SCOF Board and was immediately attacked by the SCOF Administrator and his "Cronies" who said used SPF Cobra REPLICAS were worth in the $60k to $70k range (it seems some SCOF members "broker" cars for a profit) . They also talked about "upgrades" sold by a Company the Administrator owns, and the value they add to the SPF Cobra. I questioned the value of these upgrades and whether they were even needed. I also posted real ads for SPF Cobra's for sale at reasonable prices to assist members looking for a car. As a result of my actions and opinions, I was kicked off the SCOF Board. I was told that SCOF is a private organization and my membership was being revoked, without a refund, because I could not get along with other members, and that I had no recourse. It was obvious to me that I was being kicked off the SCOF Board because I didn't agree with their self serving opinions. My point is, don't believe the "hype" on used SPF Cobra values. There are SPF Cobra deals out there if you are patient, and you DON'T have to pay $60k+ for a used one.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:39 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB 67 Corvette View Post
Don't get me wrong, the SPF Cobra is a quality replica, but the "value" most owners ascribe to them, especially members of SCOF, is crazy and self serving. I bought my small block SPF Cobra in June for $38.5k. My car had 7k miles and was in excellent condition. My buddy in Texas bought a mint big block SPF Cobra for $44k. If a Buyer is patient, they can find a nice SPF small block for around $40k and a nice SPF big block for around 45k. Paying $60k to $70k for these used REPLICA cars is, in my opinion, ridiculous and paying $80k to 90k for a new REPLICA is even crazier. I got into a discussion about the value of these SPF Cobra's on the SCOF Board and was immediately attacked by the SCOF Administrator and his "Cronies" who said used SPF Cobra REPLICAS were worth in the $60k to $70k range (it seems some SCOF members "broker" cars for a profit) . They also talked about "upgrades" sold by a Company the Administrator owns, and the value they add to the SPF Cobra. I questioned the value of these upgrades and whether they were even needed. I also posted real ads for SPF Cobra's for sale at reasonable prices to assist members looking for a car. As a result of my actions and opinions, I was kicked off the SCOF Board. I was told that SCOF is a private organization and my membership was being revoked, without a refund, because I could not get along with other members, and that I had no recourse. It was obvious to me that I was being kicked off the SCOF Board because I didn't agree with their self serving opinions. My point is, don't believe the "hype" on used SPF Cobra values. There are SPF Cobra deals out there if you are patient, and you DON'T have to pay $60k+ for a used one.
What you speak of is not just with SPF owners or their organization, get any group of like manufacturer owners together, FFR, ERA, Contemporary, Emerson, Kirkham, CSX (original and continuation ), Unique, A&C, CMC, etc and so forth and start talking about values, and they all have that same "swarm" mentality. There is rumor that one site where they actually steers/guide the sellers to raise their prices when the car is listed. Some say 5K, some say 20K, all that listen have their cars sitting for months, then either lowering their asking price, or quietly taking a lower offer as they watch other cars around them selling quicker. Once again, not slight on any of the owners or their groups, or the admins of the web site I speak of, just stating what I personally have experienced with my interactions with all of them both in the present, and the distant past......

Bill S.

PS: There is one Contemporary owner in PA, he lurks here, he has well over 80K in the car, only 300 miles on it, and when he is ready, expects to get every dollar out of the car he put into it...Every dollar.
1795 and Alfa02 like this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-10-2020, 05:17 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
As a result of my actions and opinions, I was kicked off the SCOF Board. I was told that SCOF is a private organization and my membership was being ... I was being kicked off the SCOF Board because I didn't agree with their self serving opinions. My point is, don't believe the "hype" on used SPF Cobra values.
Well anyone that was kicked off the SCOF board is welcome here. And the more self serving opinions the better.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:20 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

This is the same mentality, our seller here in the PNW has . He looks at different sites, and say's here, these SPF cars are for sale at such & such price (and of course his is better then theirs). I've told him over & over look @ BaT, that's where you can see what the "real money" for these cars are bringing (either bid too, or sold for) Thanks Gentlemen, For your always great feedback I may just send this Post to him. Cheers TommyRot
Old 09-10-2020, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
What you speak of is not just with SPF owners or their organization, get any group of like manufacturer owners together, FFR, ERA, Contemporary, Emerson, Kirkham, CSX (original and continuation ), Unique, A&C, CMC, etc and so forth and start talking about values, and they all have that same "swarm" mentality. There is rumor that one site where they actually steers/guide the sellers to raise their prices when the car is listed. Some say 5K, some say 20K, all that listen have their cars sitting for months, then either lowering their asking price, or quietly taking a lower offer as they watch other cars around them selling quicker. Once again, not slight on any of the owners or their groups, or the admins of the web site I speak of, just stating what I personally have experienced with my interactions with all of them both in the present, and the distant past......

Bill S.

PS: There is one Contemporary owner in PA, he lurks here, he has well over 80K in the car, only 300 miles on it, and when he is ready, expects to get every dollar out of the car he put into it...Every dollar.
Thanks Bill. You hit the nail on the head! During my value discussions on the SCOF Board one member told me about situations where people advertising their SPF Cobra for sale on ebay were contacted and told they were asking too low of a price and they should raise it. These people are trying to create a market that doesn't exist. Some of them broker cars so their statements are self serving in an attempt to "hook" a potential buyer to pay pay $60k - $80k for a used SPF Cobra which is, in my opinion, RIDICULOUS! As you say, these overpriced cars sit for months and never sell, or quietly sell for 25% less than the original asking price. Don't listen to the hype about sales values, especially on the SCOF Board. I paid $38.5k for a one owner 7,000 mile red/white mint Superformance Cobra and there are other fair prices out there if you are patient.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Well anyone that was kicked off the SCOF board is welcome here. And the more self serving opinions the better.
Thanks for the welcome. To be honest with you, many of the conversations on the SCOF Board have nothing to do with Superformance Cobras, or cars in general. Many of the posts are lonely members or "know it alls" (especially the grumpy old man from Texas) posting pack and forth everyday conversations to pass the time of day. I have a couple close friends who are members of SCOF and they stopped posting or reading the Forum a long time ago. They just use it as another source of technical information, but as "dig deeper" I question the value of that too.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

It has been my experience that there is no such thing as a normal, set, or reasonable price. In the end there are two parties. One party wishes to sell, the other wishes to buy. How badly does the seller want or need to sell it? This could be impacted by how much they owe on it. How badly does the buyer want this item? This will be impacted by other options available to them, as well as what resources they have to spend. The so called value of the item is only a point to start the negotiations.

Auctions are just as arbitrary. It greatly depends on who is there and how interest they are in that particular item. I was at an auction where two idiots locked horns and one ended up buying a shovel at 3 times what I could buy it at a local hardware store. At the same auction a nice antique piece of furniture went for $20. That said the person who got it for $20 may have bid to $500 if I had jumped in. I'll never know.

Last edited by olddog; 09-10-2020 at 10:22 PM..
Old 09-11-2020, 04:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, '65 427/MKIII with Roush V8 - 351W w/770cfm 4BBL Holley, 514hp
Not Ranked     

Quote:
With all due respect you should not generalize about any Cobra member's view of their car's value. I bought a mint well maintained SPF , Roush 427SR with 21k miles with many chrome/engine extras for just over $60k this past February. The prior owner had a 5inch 3-ring binder with the entire car build history, maintenance records and receipts. I felt it was a great value because other than normal maintenance, I get in and drive it with no worries or surprises. Maybe I am not the norm but many factors are included in valuing any car including lineage.
I also own 5 other gated classic sports cars including 2 Ferrari's and apply the same logic in valuing them. Desired gated sports cars with great lineage/history records will appreciate if well maintained in an authentic way.

You should not generalize and misdirect/confuse someone who is trying to help someone find a good SPF.
raybones likes this.

Mark

Superformance: SPO2454 , Titanium w/Black Stripes
Engine: Roush 427SR w/770cfm 4-Barrel Holley
Transmission: Tremec TKO-600

Last edited by Moritz55; 09-11-2020 at 04:06 AM..
Old 09-11-2020, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moritz55 View Post
With all due respect you should not generalize about any Cobra member's view of their car's value. I bought a mint well maintained SPF , Roush 427SR with 21k miles with many chrome/engine extras for just over $60k this past February. The prior owner had a 5inch 3-ring binder with the entire car build history, maintenance records and receipts. I felt it was a great value because other than normal maintenance, I get in and drive it with no worries or surprises. Maybe I am not the norm but many factors are included in valuing any car including lineage.
I also own 5 other gated classic sports cars including 2 Ferrari's and apply the same logic in valuing them. Desired gated sports cars with great lineage/history records will appreciate if well maintained in an authentic way.

You should not generalize and misdirect/confuse someone who is trying to help someone find a good SPF.
SPF Owners can have any view they want of the value of their car, but reality determines the real value. I just warn people not to drink the Kool-Aide handed out by the Administrator and his Cronies on the SCOF Board. In my opinion, their opinion of "value" and "upgrades" are self serving since they are selling cars and upgrades. My car was a one owner pristine, 7k miles, red/white car small bloc and I paid $38.5k. My friend paid $44k for a mint big block. Look at the SPF Cobra's that sold on Bring a Trailer and various Auctions and minus the 10% commission. That's the real value.

I own a small car collection of vintage cars and I agree with you that many factors are included in valuing a car, including lineage, history, maintenance records, etc. I also agree those vintage cars will appreciate if well maintained in an authentic way. But that doesn't apply to Superformance Cobras, or any other Cobra replica. These are not vintage cars, these are REPLICAS (a nice way of saying fake). If the motor blows up, you install a new one, if the interior is shot, you put in a new one. If you wrap it around a pole, you buy a new one. I use my SPF on the track. That's all I use it for. I enjoy driving my vintage cars more than my SPF, but I bought the SPF because I would never track my real vintage cars and wanted a vintage looking track car that I wouldn't care about if I blew a motor, or crashed it.

I'm not trying to generalize of confuse anyone. I don't know if your SPF Cobra is worth $60k+ or not, but if its worth $60k+ to you that's all that matters. All I'm saying is you can buy mint condition SPF small blocks for around $40k and big blocks for around $45k. That's a fact. Look at recent sales that are published and don't listen to someone on the SCOF Board, looking to broker a car for profit, or trying to unload their car or one for a friend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: