Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jacobsed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2021, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I have a Superformance ordered SP03539
Not Ranked     
Default Superformance Cobra Order

Has anyone had the expedience of ordering a new Superformance Cobra from Superformance and had to wait for it to br built and shipped to the US? I would like to hear about your experience.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:45 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

I think you will find a plethora of people who have ordered a roller. I suggest you contact a dealer for current order lead times.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-28-2021, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Really a common placed occurrence ordering a car. Gives you the opportunity to order exactly the car you want... color and options. Hillbank has a lot of rollers available. Might have exactly what you want on the floor. Give Rich or Doug a call.
Well worth the time!
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 03-28-2021, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have ordered a car from Doug at Hillbank. It will not be here in the states until Oct.
I ordered a car because I wanted to get exactly what I wanted. I don't have a problem the lead time, it is what it is and I agreed to it. I was just wondering if other Superformance Cobra owners had the long lead time. It is just the anticipation and waiting and wanting the car for the 8 to 10 months. Again its not a problem but it might drive me craze before I get it, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Yes, as it gets closer the angst will get worse. Well worth the wait, and all of us who ordered a car went through it. It soon shall pass and you will be doing the drivetrain install. Enjoy.

Jim
Old 03-29-2021, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #705, Ford Racing 460 - 514ci
Not Ranked     

Exciting...tell us more about the car you ordered.
Color, wheels, anything special? What drive train did you decide on or still thinking about that? Who is doing the install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34fords View Post
I have ordered a car from Doug at Hillbank. It will not be here in the states until Oct.
I ordered a car because I wanted to get exactly what I wanted. I don't have a problem the lead time, it is what it is and I agreed to it. I was just wondering if other Superformance Cobra owners had the long lead time. It is just the anticipation and waiting and wanting the car for the 8 to 10 months. Again its not a problem but it might drive me craze before I get it, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.
rads42 and Bird of prey like this.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I ordered a MK3 Titanium silver black strips, 15in wheels and really not much else. It come with about everything I want. I am having a Roush 427 SR 5 speed installed out in CA. when it gets here. It is going to be a long wait then its going to be winter here on thr east coast when it gets here.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, BluePrint 427
Not Ranked     

I was lucky enuf to find a roller that I liked at a local dealer. It took a month to install the engine/transmission, customize the interior and add several options.

Dave and SNAKE65 - that was the longest month
Old 03-29-2021, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hotoxide, try waiting 8 months.
It will be ok I will be getting exactly what I want.
I wanted the dropped foot box's and I am getting a wider optional foot box. You know when you spend that kind of money you shouldn't have to compromise on anything and I couldn't find the color I wanted at any of the dealers.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #705, Ford Racing 460 - 514ci
Not Ranked     

Excellent! 15” wheels look the best in my opinion. Get some Avon or Mickey Thompson tires too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34fords View Post
I ordered a MK3 Titanium silver black strips, 15in wheels and really not much else. It come with about everything I want. I am having a Roush 427 SR 5 speed installed out in CA. when it gets here. It is going to be a long wait then its going to be winter here on thr east coast when it gets here.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40
Not Ranked     

Don't know about Cobras, but my GT40 took about 8 months wait. This was many years ago. At that time Superformance kept me updated when the boat left SA and arrived in US, etc. Have owned the 40 for 13 years now and it was well worth the wait.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Swift, that is what I am looking at at least 8 months. I think I will get some information and maybe some pictures when the car is completed in SA.
How do you like the 427SR ?
Old 01-30-2024, 07:59 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 3816 MKIII
Not Ranked     

I know this thread was started back in March of 2021 but to update waiting times, they are getting longer. I ordered my MK III roller in Oct of 2022, it is now January of 2024. It just arrived in Florida and now waiting for a transporter to deliver it to New Orleans. Hope it is worth the wait!

Last edited by Houndog; 01-30-2024 at 08:04 AM..
Old 01-30-2024, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Tell us about it and your drivetrain plans. What’s the car number
You doing the install? Still the same plan as noted earlier?
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 01-30-2024, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I spoke with a man who ordered one. He's offering his order spot here in the ads. Near 2 years now.
ERA same thing confirmed this week with Bob.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

I ordered one from Dynamic in Ross Ohio back during the great recession of 2010 and it was built and shipped to Full Throttle in Sparks Nevada.....no problem....

If I can, I will buy a used car to avoid the wait and depreciation and the shipping........ I could not find a used one in the color or equipped the way I wanted it.....so I ordered one.....I place no value on new.... there is always a concern about making large deposits for a component car from a essentially a one man operation...he could get sick or die or go broke or run off with his girlfriend or his boyfriend.....I don't think that is a problem with a established and volume dealer like Hillbank or Superformance.... several 356 replica builders have gone out of business and people lost their deposits... so it is not like buying a Corvette....

Edited to add that now you can by a new complete car....

Last edited by Bartruff1; 03-18-2024 at 12:22 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: