Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Hot hot is hot? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/145474-hot-hot-hot.html)

mrmustang 12-17-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1500989)
And note that he owns this:

Damn, I look old :LOL:

Chupee 12-17-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1500995)
Perhaps you failed to see THIS THREAD labeled "Newbies Read this".

You came here asking for advice from those of us with real world experience, you did so with a slight chip on your shoulder when we took apart your "posted example" (an ineptly produced example that cannot be quantified) and continue to defend the video and the commentator (as if you are somehow attached to them) within. I suggest you take a giant step back, a deep breath, and perhaps look at it from the perspective of those who are actually trying to assist. Now, stop once again, and reread the thread in which I posted above in this very post. You still have time to recreate your first impression here, I suggest getting yourself together, remove the chip on your shoulder, and start from the beginning. Again, this is my personal observation and sound advice based on it. Either you get where I am coming from, or you do not. However, how you respond from this point forwards will tell us whether or not you do.

Bill S.

Bill, You are a gentleman but you are in a fantasy zone buddy!

"and continue to defend the video and the commentator"

WHAT? I was simply using him along with MANY of your peers on this forum as well as builders around the country who have addressed this issue who stand beside me and state "HEAT IS AN ISSUE SOMETIMES In THE FOOTWELL!"

This chip you mention. Why would I have a chip when I am asking for guidance?

I hate bullsh*** and it's pretty frustrating when the focus of 95% of every response was on the issue of his lack of foot covering! Who CARES! If you take 5 minutes and read all these posts you see this repetitive over and over ad nauseam about his dam feet! There are a few posts that are quite helpful and admit these cars we love can have footwell issues. That is all I was curious about. That 1 simple point. Pretty silly how rattled so many got.

You can deny it and swear you've never ever heard anyone mention it. Great, but it is still an issue that pops up.
I will post a real-world experience after I grab a car.

Thanks much!

1ntCobra 12-17-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupee (Post 1500990)

Good thing I didn't ask a political question!

Political discussions have been banned from Club Cobra for many years. ;)

mrmustang 12-17-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupee (Post 1500998)
Edited for relevant content

Sigh :rolleyes:

twobjshelbys 12-17-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupee (Post 1500998)
Bill, You are a gentleman but you are in a fantasy zone buddy!

"and continue to defend the video and the commentator"

WHAT? I was simply using him along with MANY of your peers on this forum as well as builders around the country who have addressed this issue who stand beside me and state "HEAT IS AN ISSUE SOMETIMES In THE FOOTWELL!"

This chip you mention. Why would I have a chip when I am asking for guidance?

I hate bullsh*** and it's pretty frustrating when the focus of 95% of every response was on the issue of his lack of foot covering! Who CARES! If you take 5 minutes and read all these posts you see this repetitive over and over ad nauseam about his dam feet! There are a few posts that are quite helpful and admit these cars we love can have footwell issues. That is all I was curious about. That 1 simple point. Pretty silly how rattled so many got.

You can deny it and swear you've never ever heard anyone mention it. Great, but it is still an issue that pops up.
I will post a real-world experience after I grab a car.

Thanks much!

I think you should buy a Corvette.

The newbie is the click bait video guy.

Harpoon PV2 12-17-2021 09:49 PM

The video is 17:37 minutes long, and if you take out the key fiasco, and the complaint about his flaming socks, it is at least 16 minutes of pure praise of the small block Cobra!

Alfa02 12-17-2021 10:32 PM

@chupee, I have to agree with most of the rest here, I truly believe you have a chip on your shoulder, whether before the first post or after, (Remember) you came to us. You asked a question and we answered it. DONE. As far as the Puntz, on the video, if he couldn't drive it safety, he should have never taken it out!!! But like most of the FREELOADER'S, he would never pass that chance up, to drive a car he could never afford!! TommyRot.

xb-60 12-17-2021 11:49 PM

Chupee,
Not all - but almost all - new members here on ClubCobra ease into it and get the feel of the forum.
A small number jump in with six-guns blazing. Often results in them shooting themselves in the feet.
Some advice.... ease off a little and settle in ;)

Cheers!
Glen

Mark IV 12-18-2021 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1500996)
Damn, I look old :LOL:

Not compared to the old fart that dropped it off......

Chupee 12-18-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harpoon PV2 (Post 1501011)
The video is 17:37 minutes long, and if you take out the key fiasco, and the complaint about his flaming socks, it is at least 16 minutes of pure praise of the small block Cobra!

AMEN!!!

THank you for stating the OBVIOUS that seemed to elude many!

Chupee 12-18-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1501014)
@chupee, I have to agree with most of the rest here, I truly believe you have a chip on your shoulder, whether before the first post or after, (Remember) you came to us. You asked a question and we answered it. DONE. As far as the Puntz, on the video, if he couldn't drive it safety, he should have never taken it out!!! But like most of the FREELOADER'S, he would never pass that chance up, to drive a car he could never afford!! TommyRot.

Pretty funny.....

Chupee 12-18-2021 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1501009)
I think you should buy a Corvette.

The newbie is the click bait video guy.

GIve that man a cigar!

I just did 3 weeks ago.

thx

67 big block with every award possible.

twobjshelbys 12-18-2021 09:11 AM

Very nice!!!

mrmustang 12-18-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupee (Post 1501031)
GIve that man a cigar!

I just did 3 weeks ago.

thx

67 big block with every award possible.

Having recently started to revived a Division II Concours car from it's deep, 10+ year hibernation, the question I have for you is, "will you actually drive it". Personally, I'm having a tough time deciding whether I will or not once I work all of the long term storage bugs out of it.

Bill S.

Alfa02 12-18-2021 09:54 AM

I can't believe it's only been 3-days since Chupee started this post, and all along he had already brought a Vette ;) I hope you and your Vette live long, and an Award winner at that !!, you must be so proud of someone else's work :) Writing a check is pretty tough work by itself. Now back to important things like Cobras.

sunman 12-18-2021 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Statler and Waldorf!
You guys are doin Statler and Waldorf, it took me a while to catch on
Funny stuff

I love my C4 Indy paid cash. It’s great to just drive a cherry car

Chupee 12-18-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1501035)
Having recently started to revived a Division II Concours car from it's deep, 10+ year hibernation, the question I have for you is, "will you actually drive it". Personally, I'm having a tough time deciding whether I will or not once I work all of the long term storage bugs out of it.

Bill S.

Not like I would a beater for sure!

Weekends, absolutely!

thx

Chupee 12-18-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1501037)
I can't believe it's only been 3-days since Chupee started this post, and all along he had already brought a Vette ;) I hope you and your Vette live long, and an Award winner at that !!, you must be so proud of someone else's work :) Writing a check is pretty tough work by itself. Now back to important things like Cobras.

Wow, Alfa man has decided in his distorted little mind I can only have 1 car at a time, and that I can not enjoy anything that I didn't toil over myself!

Hmmmm. So Mr. Alfa feels I should have rebuilt the Vette and of course my house and probably done my own dental work if I was up to his level of worthiness!

In case you just arrived to the civilized world my friend, the rules are as follows:

When I bust my ass through hard work to gather units of pleasure known as currency, I can spend those anyway I choose.

Your post makes you appear like a jealous 14 years old! (I'm being kind) Look in the mirror sir and try and raise your bar of respect for other adults and hard-working business owners.

In spite of your petty post, I will say I just returned from an awesome afternoon at the SUPERFORANCE showroom in Irvine! Had a great visit and learned a lot about the brand.

xb-60 12-18-2021 04:22 PM

Chupee,
Hasn't it occurred to you yet that you are on the wrong forum?

Chupee 12-18-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xb-60 (Post 1501045)
Chupee,
Hasn't it occurred to you yet that you are on the wrong forum?

This is the forum for people interested in COBRAS correct?

thx for the help.....