Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Hot hot is hot? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/145474-hot-hot-hot.html)

xb-60 12-18-2021 04:41 PM

Correct

mrmustang 12-18-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupee (Post 1501046)
This is the forum for people interested in COBRAS correct?

thx for the help.....

More of my sound advice, if you have not done so, I highly recommend that you get yourself in the passenger seat of a Cobra for a 20 mile ride before you decide to buy. Again, I say this not as an attack, but more of my guidance, as a Cobra is unlike anything else you have ever driven/owned. I know of a few NASCAR drivers who have been taken out, then chose to not purchase one as it was not as they expected. A few other pro SCCA racers who have gone out on "parade laps" thinking they understood the handling of a Cobra, who after being taken around at 1/2 the speed they are used to, have also decide to not purchase one, as it was not as they expected it to be. It's not a blow to their ego, just a reality check before they spent their hard earned money.

Now, with that said, quite a few have decided to ultimately purchase one, out of those, less than 25% actually drive the cars on the track, the rest savor the pride of ownership and take them out locally, never turning more than 4,000rpms as they travel from their homes to shows and ice-cream shops in their local area. Regardless of how they are driven, as soon as you sit in the car and turn the key, it will try it's best to kill you. Most get what I'm saying, sadly a few who believe they knew better are no longer with us..

I'll leave this at that and wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do with your hard earned money.

Bill S.

twobjshelbys 12-18-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupee (Post 1501043)
Wow, Alfa man has decided in his distorted little mind I can only have 1 car at a time, and that I can not enjoy anything that I didn't toil over myself!

Hmmmm. So Mr. Alfa feels I should have rebuilt the Vette and of course my house and probably done my own dental work if I was up to his level of worthiness!

In case you just arrived to the civilized world my friend, the rules are as follows:

When I bust my ass through hard work to gather units of pleasure known as currency, I can spend those anyway I choose.

Your post makes you appear like a jealous 14 years old! (I'm being kind) Look in the mirror sir and try and raise your bar of respect for other adults and hard-working business owners.

In spite of your petty post, I will say I just returned from an awesome afternoon at the SUPERFORANCE showroom in Irvine! Had a great visit and learned a lot about the brand.

You might want to try to stop coming across as a 14 year old know it all. At least in your next 10 posts or so at least pretending you're learning something. We're just trying to help.

Superformance makes a good car. You get what you pay for

Chupee 12-18-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1501049)
More of my sound advice, if you have not done so, I highly recommend that you get yourself in the passenger seat of a Cobra for a 20 mile ride before you decide to buy. Again, I say this not as an attack, but more of my guidance, as a Cobra is unlike anything else you have ever driven/owned. I know of a few NASCAR drivers who have been taken out, then chose to not purchase one as it was not as they expected. A few other pro SCCA racers who have gone out on "parade laps" thinking they understood the handling of a Cobra, who after being taken around at 1/2 the speed they are used to, have also decide to not purchase one, as it was not as they expected it to be. It's not a blow to their ego, just a reality check before they spent their hard earned money.

Now, with that said, quite a few have decided to ultimately purchase one, out of those, less than 25% actually drive the cars on the track, the rest savor the pride of ownership and take them out locally, never turning more than 4,000rpms as they travel from their homes to shows and ice-cream shops in their local area. Regardless of how they are driven, as soon as you sit in the car and turn the key, it will try it's best to kill you. Most get what I'm saying, sadly a few who believe they knew better are no longer with us..

I'll leave this at that and wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do with your hard earned money.

Bill S.

I appreciate those words and take them seriously.

Thx

Alfa02 12-18-2021 09:39 PM

Chupee, you just don't get us, and maybe never will. Our club members have bent over backward to be kind to newbie's, you're not the first or be the last. If you go back and read what we tried to pass along (before you started the name calling) was just the info. you asked for. (We're very sorry you don't like all the driving in socks posts, we'll try to do better for you next time) We suggested buying a Corvette (partly in jest, but the other part) was with a Cobra, you have to work on them, and for most of us, that just another great part of owning them. You may (and many other's) think of our cars like a vette, just get in and drive, they're not. they need to be maintained (Sometimes by their owners). We all like your Vette, and thank you for posting that, but like YOU said this site is about Cobras Right? If you, did it to impress us, you sadly missed your mark. You're dealing with older (Mostly) retired gentlemen, that also have a few coins left to buy our toys. If you want to be a club member fine, but try to revolve around with us, trying to revolve around you isn't working out so far. I believe there's no sense to respond to any more of your insults. Merry Christmas to you & yours. TommyRot.

cycleguy55 12-19-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1501057)
You're dealing with older (Mostly) retired gentlemen, that also have a few coins left to buy our toys. If you want to be a club member fine, but try to revolve around with us, trying to revolve around you isn't working out so far. I believe there's no sense to respond to any more of your insults. Merry Christmas to you & yours. TommyRot.

Absolutely correct. As I've added life experience to my years and grey to my hair I've also noticed my personal level of IDGAF has gone up immeasurably.

For purposes of greater clarity, I do care about things, but I care about things that matter to me and my family. I care about doing the right things and correcting the record as and when appropriate. That includes calling out errors, bulls**t, and misguided individuals - whether they got there on their own or through the help of others.

While doing the above I certainly care a lot less about doing things to mollify or coddle the sensitive egos of others, though I always try to make it about the issue - not the person.

Dinahmohumm 08-09-2022 09:38 AM

I love driving my BMW 2002 tii barefoot. Not sure if this helps. ;-)

saki302 08-09-2022 04:41 PM

My old ffr had such a tight pedal spacing, I had to wear wrestling shows to drive it.

With my spf, I can wear all but my wide front yard slippers to drive it.
Never had a heat issue, though I suspect it's a non-issue with side pipes.

Jamo 08-09-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinahmohumm (Post 1509199)
I love driving my BMW 2002 tii barefoot. Not sure if this helps. ;-)

I'm leaving this rather asinine post in only because to remove it would cause the post that follows to become not relevant. Though asinine, it is rather harmless, but Mr.Mustang has nothing better to do than bother me with a notification that the sky is falling because this might indicate the shoeless bimmer driver is some kind of troll or spammer...or god knows a bat from China or some rabid horny raping monkey spreading pox.

But...lets see what happens with post no. 2 from the shoeless wonder.

Dominik 08-10-2022 01:23 AM

Drove a 427 with under floor exhaust at 40°C (floor mounted pedals), stop-go. No issues. Colder even at speed. I also had a S/C with 2" primaries. The secret is to get air flow under the hood.

That video is click-bait. I didn't watch it. "1" dom - "NIL" video.

Whoever that dude is, I am jealous - that he makes money with this BS.

Road Snake 08-10-2022 02:17 PM

yes let it die

mrmustang 08-10-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik (Post 1509232)
Drove a 427 with under floor exhaust at 40°C (floor mounted pedals), stop-go. No issues. Colder even at speed. I also had a S/C with 2" primaries. The secret is to get air flow under the hood.

That video is click-bait. I didn't watch it. "1" dom - "NIL" video.

Whoever that dude is, I am jealous - that he makes money with this BS.

Having driven my 289 roadster 270+ round trip miles on a 85-95 degree, hot humid day a few months ago while headed to and from a charity Shelby/vintage airplane event, I can tell you that the interior heat was not an issue as the factory heat shielding and carpeting worked as it should. Car ran well, even in stop and go traffic in the construction zones on RT85 south. I of course ran out of cold fluids about 20 miles from home, and had to stop to top myself off as I was feeling the heat (no pun intended). Otherwise, an uneventful, fun trip, and a great event.

Bill S.

Austin_Snake 08-11-2022 12:00 PM

I've used this successfully on several of my cars to manage heat. On the Cobra the outside of the footboxes are covered with the Tunnel Shield material. Actually a lot of areas are covered including the inside of the Transmission tunnel.

https://www.designengineering.com/pr...ds-reflectors/

mrmustang 08-11-2022 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin_Snake (Post 1509268)
I've used this successfully on several of my cars to manage heat. On the Cobra the outside of the footboxes are covered with the Tunnel Shield material. Actually a lot of areas are covered including the inside of the Transmission tunnel.

https://www.designengineering.com/pr...ds-reflectors/

I have several packs of this (actually linked to it in an earlier post), along with a new carpet set for my 289 FIA, eventually I'll get around to pulling the interior out and getting it properly sealed...Maybe when the temp in my garage falls below 80 degrees in a few months.

Bill S.