Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By saltshaker
  • 1 Post By Blas
  • 1 Post By saki302
  • 1 Post By FredG
  • 1 Post By jhv48
  • 1 Post By msinc
  • 1 Post By saki302
  • 1 Post By jeffgrice
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By saki302

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2022, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance aluminum 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default Wilwood clutch reservoir leak?????

I have a slow leak that I believe I might have narrowed down to the reservoir up on the firewall. I tried tightening both the hose clamp and the big clamp on the main body, but that had zero effect. Anyone run onto this one??? Wondering if the reservoir is prone to cracking or some other way for it to leak. I guess my next move is to remove it and take the hose and big clamp off and do a good inspection before I order a new one. Cant really see any issues with it mounted and I will buy a new one no problem, but I would like to be sure it is getting fixed. Nothing worse than spending a bunch of time and effort on a leak only to find out that you didn't change a thing!!! Thanks in advance for any info fellas, it is greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 03-15-2022, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

I have a few extra reservoirs if you need one
Jon
msinc likes this.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
I have a few extra reservoirs if you need one
Jon
Thank you sir, I will do the inspection tomorrow and let you know. How much do you want for one shipped to Maryland???
Old 03-15-2022, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Look closely at the hose. They have been known to weep after a period of time. Also check for a leak in the drivers footwell around the rubber gasket on the rod to the clutch pedal. That’s a master cylinder r&r. I just did mine last fall. The slave cylinder is also another place to look for a fluid loss.
Blas
msinc likes this.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 03-16-2022, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

I had my reservoir leak at the joint- it's two pieces. Good news is replacement reservoirs are cheap, I think I got mine on Amazon... I did..

This was mine-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
msinc likes this.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki302 View Post
I had my reservoir leak at the joint- it's two pieces. Good news is replacement reservoirs are cheap, I think I got mine on Amazon... I did..

This was mine-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks you for the info sir!! That is the exact one on my car. What is it that actually seals the joint??? Is there an O-ring inside or does it just clamp on??? I tightened that clamp but it didn't change anything....maybe it could be tighter.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Car #1209 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

I don't know what kind of line connections you have but these stopped all the leaks I had when I installed my remote reservoirs.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-169106erl

Fred
msinc likes this.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Mine leaked. Bought a replacement reservoir on summit and leak stopped.
msinc likes this.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the replies and info so far fellas!!!! I am going to drain and remove this thing tomorrow while it is raining and have a real good look at it. Will post what I find...thanks again, M
FredG likes this.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am happy to report that I believe I have the leak located, corrected and back in service!!!! The reservoir is a two piece unit and it does have an o-ring. Mine also had a lot of casting flash in the groove where the o-ring rides. It left two impressions on the o-ring itself about 180 degrees apart that I believe was the culprit.
Once I got an inspection mirror and got a good look at things it was pretty apparent that the reservoir itself was the leak. I removed it and did an internal inspection to find the o-ring flattened and with the two marks pressed into it pretty good. See attached photos for close ups of the casting flash and o-ring. I turned the o-ring inside out so I could photograph the damaged section. The bore that goes over the o-ring was nice and smooth so it didn't appear to need any attention.
I used a small smooth file to remove the casting burr and smooth up the o-rings groove. I got a new o-ring, which is a common {nothing special} part available at the local auto parts store. I reassembled and re-installed it earlier this morning and it has been leak free for several hours now. I also applied a little silicone grease to the new o-ring and it's groove prior to assembly to avoid any damage to the o-ring before I put it together. Following Blas' suggestion on the hose, it was in fact "pressed" and marked pretty good by the clamp that seals it so I simply cut it back to good hose behind the clamp area and reinstalled it. So far so good, but it really was a slow leak and if it reappears I will post the bad news. Thanks again for all the replies and info!!!!!!!! M
Attached Images

Last edited by msinc; 03-17-2022 at 05:02 PM..
Old 03-19-2022, 01:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was going to post- it's an O ring and that wire clamp that seals it.

I just replaced mine. I figured easier to hit it all in one shot and not play around with it ��
msinc likes this.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Look closely at the hose. They have been known to weep after a period of time. Also check for a leak in the drivers footwell around the rubber gasket on the rod to the clutch pedal. That’s a master cylinder r&r. I just did mine last fall. The slave cylinder is also another place to look for a fluid loss.
Blas
Blas is spot-on. The hose on my Daytona was not the appropriate rubber and it has a kink in it and weeped. New house and issue resolved.

Jeff
msinc likes this.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2920 w/ Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Mine leaks every 4-5 years. Keep replacing. Maybe need to upgrade to something better?
msinc likes this.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I was going to post- it's an O ring and that wire clamp that seals it.

I just replaced mine. I figured easier to hit it all in one shot and not play around with it ��
Just curious as to whether or not yours had the heavy casting flash on it like mine did??? Thanks for the reply!!!
Old 04-08-2022, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Late reply, I just saw it.. but mine wasn't bad. I didn't have to shave anything down before use.
msinc likes this.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Late reply, I just saw it.. but mine wasn't bad. I didn't have to shave anything down before use.
Mine appears to be fixed.....haven't had any leaks at all since I posted the photos!!!!! I am happy. I hate leaks and cannot stand when I cant get it resolved. Thanks again!!!!