Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/)
-   -   Just bought a Superformance (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/146763-just-bought-superformance.html)

CSXBill 03-29-2023 07:39 PM

Just bought a Superformance

I just bought a 33xx Superformance with a Roush 427 SR. Very nice car. I didn’t get an owners manual. Is there a PDF available?

Is there a reason to join SCOF? The website seems so outdated. The pages are hard to read and navigate. Was it built during the Stone Age? I’m sure there’s a lot of great info, but if the info sucks as bad as the website design, I’ll pass.

Thanks!

N2Cobras 03-29-2023 07:45 PM

Pics?

Congrats! How about posting pictures of your new love so we can drool, be jealous, wish it was in our garage, etc. :cool:

CSXBill 03-29-2023 07:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go…

PDUB 03-29-2023 07:48 PM

Congrats on the new snake!

Welcome to the madness, Bill! Smiles for miles:D... looks like you won't be needin' the S-2000 anymore!

CSXBill 03-29-2023 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more pics…

CSXBill 03-29-2023 07:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It will be sharing garage space with this 289.

xb-60 03-29-2023 11:51 PM

Two very nice cars! Congratulations

Cheers!
Glen

Mark IV 03-30-2023 04:17 AM

No PDF of the manual, you can get a very good manual package here: https://secondstrike.com/SecondStrik...rikeStore.html

The Superformance distributor doesn't supply a manual, it is up to the dealer or customer to purchase one.

Blas 03-30-2023 05:59 AM

Very nice collection. I have the Wiring Diagram available for your New car if interested.
Blas

mattbrowne 03-30-2023 09:32 AM

2 great looking Cobra's. Welcome to the madness.

PDUB 03-30-2023 08:21 PM

Very nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSXBill (Post 1515981)
It will be sharing garage space with this 289.

I got the Webers... hope they'll run well! That was an awesome build! He did a great job!

CSXBill 03-30-2023 09:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDUB (Post 1516025)

I got the Webers... hope they'll run well! That was an awesome build! He did a great job!

Joe Camire installed a new Holley 750 left by the hole from the Webers. Hope they work for you. I was going to install Inglese’s Webers, but I think going with a standard carb will be easier for me over the long run.

Bill’s build was fun to watch over the past 12 years and I’m happy he trusted me enough to sell it to me so I could finish it up. It’s almost done.

He did an amazing job replicating a 289 FIA with so many custom pieces. Highly modified FFR frame, Bruce Chervenak body and frame mods, fiberglass footboxes, fiberglass trunk floor, 331 stroker, custom suspension, bodywork and paint by Ken Pike. The mechanicals are getting sorted out by Joe. I plan to take it to LCS if it’s all done.

jeffgrice 04-01-2023 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSXBill (Post 1515976)
I just bought a 33xx Superformance with a Roush 427 SR. Very nice car. I didn’t get an owners manual. Is there a PDF available?

Is there a reason to join SCOF? The website seems so outdated. The pages are hard to read and navigate. Was it built during the Stone Age? I’m sure there’s a lot of great info, but if the info sucks as bad as the website design, I’ll pass.

Thanks!

Drop me an email to nostalgicmotoringreplicas@gmail.com and I will send you a PDF of the SPF manual.

Jeff

Mark IV 04-01-2023 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffgrice (Post 1516059)
Drop me an email to nostalgicmotoringreplicas@gmail.com and I will send you a PDF of the SPF manual.

Jeff

The copyrighted manual? The one Mike Stenhouse and others worked to produce?

patrickt 04-01-2023 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1516060)
The copyrighted manual? The one Mike Stenhouse and others worked to produce?

... and that sells for $105 on the https://www.secondstrike.com website?:LOL::LOL::LOL: So much for the free exchange of information.:cool:

Mark IV 04-02-2023 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1516067)
... and that sells for $105 on the https://www.secondstrike.com website?:LOL::LOL::LOL: So much for the free exchange of information.:cool:

Have you ever had a copyrighted/trademarked item pirated? Have you ever had parts manufactured from tooling you paid for by a manufacturer who sold the parts out the back door?

I suppose you worked free at whatever it was that you do/did?

We b!tch about China stealing intellectual property, but apparently have no problem doing it domestically because we can.

Alfa02 04-02-2023 05:40 AM

Welcome CSXBill from 2020 ;), Great looking Superformance and nice addition to your FFR 289FIA car. Have always been a fan of no stripes. So, the FIA is a one-off of a FFR made into a FIA, Correct? Cheers Tom.

patrickt 04-02-2023 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1516074)
Have you ever had a copyrighted/trademarked item pirated? Have you ever had parts manufactured from tooling you paid for by a manufacturer who sold the parts out the back door?

Have I ever bought a new car (including my ERA) where they didn't throw in a free Owner's Manual? Especially if that new car is now approaching or surpassing six figures? Regardless of who wrote it, if you drop a hundred thou on an SPF somebody ought to give you a free manual and not try and stick you for another hundred. Are the margins that tight, and the dealers that much on a shoestring that they can't do that?:confused:

mrmustang 04-02-2023 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1516076)
Have I ever bought a new car (including my ERA) where they didn't throw in a free Owner's Manual? Especially if that new car is now approaching or surpassing six figures? Regardless of who wrote it, if you drop a hundred thou on an SPF somebody ought to give you a free manual and not try and stick you for another hundred. Are the margins that tight, and the dealers that much on a shoestring that they can't do that?:confused:

When sold new, SPF delivers a digital copy of the owners manual with the car. You can then take it to a print shop, where they can make you a beautiful hard copy, with a digital picture of your car on the first page of the binder. ;)

Bill S.

PS: In search of a SPF 289 FIA :JEKYLHYDE

patrickt 04-02-2023 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1516077)
When sold new, SPF delivers a digital copy of the owners manual with the car. You can then take it to a print shop, where they can make you a beautiful hard copy, with a digital picture of your car on the first page of the binder. ;)

Bill S.
:JEKYLHYDE

Well that only seems fair. And if for some reason a subsequent purchaser does not get an Owner's Manual (maybe because the previous owner's widow lost it) then he should get a complimentary copy from the manufacturer. I'm really not sure why Mark IV is not saying "Patrick, you're absolutely right and we provide complimentary copies to SPF owners just as matter of good business.":cool: