Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R, Kentucky Cobra Club
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Clubman Seats

I am considering higher back seats. It would make her happier and might save our necks and might cut down on the wind down your neck.

The Clubman can be bottom mounted. Does that mean I could pull the seat cushion and bolt it down like the stock SPF seats? I don't need driver side adjustment as it is a bit too short in there to start with. Getting into a Kirkey with the soft top on sounds contortionist though we seldom mount it.

http://www.subesports.com/products/c...bra/prodID/665

Yep, I know this violates one or more authenticity codes. But backing into a tire wall or tree or getting rear ended by the mocha crowd is serious and not always avoidable.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

These are the same seats that FFR calls their Street Performer seats IIRC. Check on the ffcobra.com site about your mounting concerns but I think you are correct in the mounting procedure.
Because they are higher, they will probably cut into your leg room a bit.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes they are now that you mention it. Had not seen that.

Why would a higher back limit leg room? If it was a severely laid back seat, I could see that the seat back angle would force the whole seat forward because of the interference with the bulkhead. I don't have one to look at in person. We both like to be vertical or nearly so in the seats so maybe if these are so laid back, I should discount them from the gitgo. I just realized that the four point harness ports are like a/c vents on your neck. Guess I could put some foam around the shoulder belts to plug that.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure if this applies to the SPF cars, but with the bulkhead in the FFR the lower seats can sit back a couple inches more because the bulkhead doesn't interfere with the stock seat top position.
As the Clubman seats are higher, the bulkhead will hold them out a bit more regardless of the seat back angle. That seems to be the biggest complaint from the FF5 crowd about these seats. If you aren't using a seat slider, you will gain a bit since your seat won't be angled back quite so much without it.

Another way to gain what you're after would be to add a head rest to your roll bars (if you have 2 roll bars, that is).

What are you planning on doing with your existing seats?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

I also saw where a guy had outfitted his roll bar(s?) with a plexiglass panel that blocked the wind from your neck...
Old 10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I saw those panels too. I called the fabicator and one of my questions was where he got the clamps. Turns out he has a computer controlled milling machine in house. But it was superb. Absolutely first rate.

If I swap seats, I will keep the originals just in case.

I have wandered all over and googled this and that and found only two head rests. One up on the roll bar rather high (cobra earl) but way above my wife's head---that won't work for us but no knock on the rest. One was an crossbar designed to secure the upper seat belt harness. Can anyone suggest something else I can check out? The car does have two bars to work with. If I fabicate something it seems like it should be out of crushable foam (helmet material) rather than spongy foam that tries to relaunch your head forward like a spring. A decent seat has a lot going for it huh.