Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2486, 427w
Not Ranked     
Default Finally!

After 6 months and a Maylaysian vacation, our car finally arrived at Hillbank yesterday. Here are a few photos from the "hatching" with more in my gallery. Watching the unloading is not for the faint of heart! The guys at Hillbank know what they are doing and all is well. Engine and chassis should be delivered to the builder next week. Almost there!

Old 10-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Nice color combo!

Keep us posted on the build-up.

-Dean #747
Old 10-28-2006, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2540
Not Ranked     

You must be SPF 2489. Congrats! We finally got our SPF #....and the number is? 2540. They told us late November is our arrival date, and wouldn't you know it....we're going to be in Asia on the delivery date . Also, our engine builder is on vacation too .

Your car looks great! I like the pin stripe, probably worth the extra wait. Best of luck on January 2!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, turns out the number is actually 2486. I'm really amazed at how different the pinstripe makes the car look. We had it parked next to another red/white car without the pinstripe and ours looks lower and wider for some reason. Everything is off to the installer next week. Hopefully, we will be driving it in a couple of weeks!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I'm located in California and was wondering what the registration process is like for a new SPF purchased through Hillbank. Do you still need to go the SB-100 route to register the car? Does Hillbank offer any assistance with getting the car registered? Thanks in advance.

Doug
Old 10-30-2006, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep. Still need the SB100. They will recommend a DMV but that's it. Remember, they do not do the engine -- that is still your responsibility (although, they will be happy to talk to you about Roush.)

Call Frank at (949)900-1966. He is their new salesman and really puts the effort into customer service.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info drj. Best of luck with the rest of the build and the registration process!

I just started researching the whole Cobra scene and am trying to absorb as much info as possible. Would it be correct to assume that it really doesn't matter whether I purchase a car that is registered in another state, since I would have to go through SB-100 to register a car in CA anyway?

Thanks,

Doug
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Be sure to research the different ways to register the Cobra. If you do it correctly, it does not need to be done through the SB100 process. There are plenty of threads on this forum that will get you started. Now is the time to be thinking about registration - not after the engine is installed.

The SPF folks pay close attention to the details - really nice cars.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #2117, blown 4.6
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496fe
Be sure to research the different ways to register the Cobra. If you do it correctly, it does not need to be done through the SB100 process. There are plenty of threads on this forum that will get you started. Now is the time to be thinking about registration - not after the engine is installed.

The SPF folks pay close attention to the details - really nice cars.
Because I have a friend with whom I have shared the details of the SB100 process (I think I got them here at Club Cobra), is there a thread that discusses how one could avoid the SB100 process safely in California?

DRJ
For the record, the SB100 deal was fairly painless -- but did take a little time.
Did you say where in California? If you are anywhere near the San Fernando Valley, the folks at the DMV on Sherman Way understood SB100 well when 3 of us showed up with SPFs this last 1/2/2006
James
and,
Great looking car...