Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Is there a shop manual for the SPF?

Is there a shop manual for the SPF? Something like the factory shop manuals with torque specs for bolts, how to repair/replace parts, etc. ..
Old 10-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

NO shop manual :

there is only an Owners Manual, and it only covers SPF specifics, ie, NO engine /driveline info per se , but rather general info on the roller only. Also, no specific mechanical specs are included like found in a normal Shop Manual for regular cars. I say SPF specific because the car is sold by spf as a roller, hence the reason for no info on engine/trans etc in owners manual since that is up to the owners to install . Also, there have been many 'running changes' from original cars to current versions so an owners manual may or may not cover certain aspects/questions re your own car . That is the beauty of CC and SCOF, you can pick the brains of others who can help you out with your questions. Or, call a SPF dealer . Bill.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Watch out - there is a first and a second edition. The first edition (1998) is very basic with about 20 pages. The second edition (2002) has about 80 pages and a lot more info, especially regarding the wiring harnesses.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

You can download the 22mb 2002 owner's manual as well as three published supplements at the Second Strike webpage http://www.secondstrike.com/Technica...eBulletins.htm
Old 10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

But it still wont tell you how to repair the windscreen wiper motor.........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........

Last edited by thudmaster; 10-29-2006 at 04:22 PM..
Old 10-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

A couple of years ago, Mark Dove at Dynamic showed me some sort of a shop manual and said something about a shop manual for owners being in the works but apparently nothing's come of that yet...

Lowell
Old 10-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Over the past three years I have assembled my own. It consists mostly of various posts made by SCOF members on all kinds of different topics. I even picked up a few things here at CC. If you truly want a shop manual for an SPF, your only choice is to build it yourself. There are also several tech articles archived on SCOF, including adjustment of the parking brake (which was on another thread...good luck, that's a real booger to get right, if at all).

-Dean #747
Old 10-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta
Over the past three years I have assembled my own. It consists mostly of various posts made by SCOF members on all kinds of different topics. I even picked up a few things here at CC. If you truly want a shop manual for an SPF, your only choice is to build it yourself. There are also several tech articles archived on SCOF, including adjustment of the parking brake (which was on another thread...good luck, that's a real booger to get right, if at all).

-Dean #747
How big is it? Can I buy it (a copy) from you?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've been waiting for that question.

As much as I'd like to produce and sell what I have, the honest truth is that much of that information (including photographs) was grabbed from SCOF. When I joined SCOF I also agreed to not distribute much of the proprietary content that has been posted within their vast technical library. And I intend to honor that pledge. I have also been a contributor to the technical library, therefore I also expect the same level of respect. All in all my home-grown shop manual is at least 200 pages in length and I keep it in a hefty 3-ring binder on my workbench.

If you are an SPF owner, you are doing yourself a huge disfavor by not joining SCOF. Even if you shut off the e-mail feature (which, by the way, I did a LONG TIME AGO), you can still lurk on the forum and pick-up tid bits here and there. AND you can still have full access to the technical library, which BTW, also includes SPF factory technical bulletins that even many dealers don't maintain a library of.

If the topic is general and I believe I can offer advice on how to go about a certain fix, or I have a universal part number for a component (this is one area where it's excrutiating to get information), then I'm more than glad to reference the manual and see if I have anything of relevance. If it involves pics, then I would simply refer the requester to SCOF. Randy, Craig and the other regulars that hang out at SCOF really know their $#!t about these cars and are always helpful. Sometimes the answer comes a tad slower because there aren't as many people monitoring the forum, but the answers that I do receive back are always informative. There are also several SCOF regulars here at CC (myself and Roger from NY come to mind), and Craig even chimes in occasionally.

I believe it's also fair to say that since Lance took over at Superformance, things are improving. It's a slow process, but they are making the right moves, especially with the on-line inventory (which is growing). I feel I have tremendously improved access to replacement parts than I had nearly 3 years ago when I first bought my car.

I realize this probably wasn't the answer that some were hoping to read, but it is what it is. Now if someone can tell me the EXACT cross-reference to the steering rack in our cars, and also the upper/lower ball joints, you win a pitcher of beer. All I know is that the rack is off either a VW Scirocco or an Audi, and the ball joints are purportedly early 'Stang.

-Dean #747
Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dean, I don't understand the point in SCOF being so exclusive.
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:43 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Send me an e-mail and I'll get you hooked up to the people that can get you signed up to SCOF. Whining about it here isn't going to help you any...I can. You have nothing to lose.

Or go here:

http://performanceunlimited.com/scof/subscribe.html

-Dean

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 10-31-2006 at 07:30 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta
Send me an e-mail and I'll get you hooked up to the people that can get you signed up to SCOF. Whining about it here isn't going to help you any...I can. You have nothing to lose.

Or go here:

http://performanceunlimited.com/scof/subscribe.html

-Dean

Dean,

The form makes it sound like I can't join until the car is in my garage, even if I already technically own it.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:44 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dean,

By the way I appreciate your willingness to help.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:44 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No problem, Rob. I do hope you will reconsider at some point.

Regards,

-Dean
Old 10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think these clubs should be willing to share info about these unique cars with anyone who would like to know, not just owners.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:45 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

rsimores,

Good for you. Superformance is a good replica and Dean is nice guy. My friend has just purchased a used Superformance. He has all the same quesions that I am sure you have. He has had to learn on his own. Let me know your e-mail address and I will connect you guys. Everyone who own one of these cars should freely share and help each other out. You should not be required to have a secret decoder ring to get an help from another Superformance owner.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Geez....let's just Shut Down Club Cobra.....I mean what is the purpose of having a web site like this anymore? You can't even ask a simple question and get a simple answer...not even on a special spot on the site like this Superformance forum. Apparently the "secret society" has cornered the market on intelligent answers to simple questions.....and have done so to the point that the secret club outsiders don't even ASK THE FREAKIN' QUESTIONS anymore. They just sit and whine and cry and complain about those who ventured out early, spent endless amounts of time building bonds and relationships and trust among their group and became like brothers and then decided to stamp all of their information as Top Secret and keep it from the poor newbies who don't understand the intricacies of a car they don't even have yet.

You would think that with this SPF area so generously supplied by Brent here on CC, anyone with any make of car could peek in and ask any question and after weeding through a few mindless retorts and jokes, ultimately gain answers from well meaning fellow Cobraphiles who offer up sincere opinions about the legitimate question. But since that is apparantly not the case, then why have a Cobra Forum except perhaps for the lone purpose of those who feel they have a "right" to access to private organizations or third parties privately created shop manuals and the like.

Then again, perhaps it just seems that way because one or two people who have personal agendas would rather attack a whole lot of fine people who they don't know about activities they don't understand for no other reason than to satisfy their own petty need to be heard......or was that me that just did that??????....LOL
Old 11-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The form says I have to have it in my possession, but it has not been delivered yet, as it waits for engine installation.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:46 AM..
Old 11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Okay, I signed up for both. I inputed the purchase date, which is the date on my invoices. I also checked the "no" box whe asked if the car was in my possession. There was a note saying that I can only join if I have it in my possession. Let's see what happens.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

rsimoes.....I find it odd that you post the exact same complaints about SCOF on each thread you have started in your relentless pursuit to slam a bunch of people you have never met nor had correspondence with. Just in case some well meaning person has just purchased or is cosidering purchasing a SPF and perhaps join a great group of enthusiasts, your comments about SCOF membership are totally false. It is true that you have top OWN a SPF to be a part of the OWNERS forum. You do NOT have to register it in your state or any other state or have a car license or driver's license. Just OWN the car and sign up.

Furthermore you complain about not being able to join and get your questions answered and then when confronted you say ALL of your questions have been answered. IF you have unanswered questions....ask them. I bet you get good answers before the week is out. IF all of your questions have already been answered...then quit complaining because YOU think you have some RIGHT to tell other people how THEY should interact with each other.