Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 10-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Is Second Strike part of Superformance?

Is Second Strike part of Superformance or it's own unrelated club?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2293, Roush 427R-228
Not Ranked     

Rob,

Second Strike is not part of Superformance. Also SCOF and Second Strike are also not the same. I'm guessing your question is about SCOF, but the answer is the same.

I can certainly understand your frustration, I felt the same way before I had my car in the garage, and even then before I got the VIN number assigned.

Daryl
Old 10-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What is Second Strike? What is SCOF?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

http://www.secondstrike.com/SCOF/SCOF.htm
Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Interesting. Thanks.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:52 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimoes
Sounds complicated. Thanks.

Rob, it's as complicated as you want to make it to be. Really.

Both SCOF and Second Strike were created by true SPF fans that are over-the-top on their affection and enjoyment for the SPF brand of Cobra replica. They provide invaluable insight on these cars and actually perform a service that the historical ownership of the SPF brand did not bring to the table (and the new and improved ownership can't dedicate resources to at the present time). They essentially fill a need, and they do it out of their own pockets. Hence, they get to make the rules.

I can't explain it any simpler. So sorry that you continue to show public resentment for a couple organizations that you know very little about. But I do hope you enjoy your car and perhaps in the future you will reconsider?

-Dean

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 10-31-2006 at 12:26 PM..
Old 10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKIII #887, drive it a lot!
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Kellogg
Not Ranked     

I continue to be amazed at the references made here about the SPF owner groups

I have been a member of SCOF, Second Strike and Club Cobra since shortly after I bought SPF887. Nothing mysterious going on here. Just a very "interesting" group of SPF owners enjoying each other's friendship and the cars themselves.

Each group (including CC) has it's own "personality" and brings enjoyment and value to my SPF ownership.

As Dean said, SCOF and Second Strike are 2 different groups. Started and run by 2 different SPF owners, independently of Superformance. Perhaps some day Superformance will have their own (official factory) owner group. There is not a factory owner group at this time (that I know of, anyways).

If you REALLY want to get crazy, then there is SCOF-2.....
But I won't go there (at least until later tonight!!!)

Well said, Dean. Other Cobra owners don't have to like it, but it is strange that I never see SPF owners compaining about other brand owner groups......

Jim Kellogg
Breesport, NY
Old 10-31-2006, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sounds complicated. Thanks.
What does? The owners group for people who own a Superformance replica? Or that you cant log in until you own one?

I have been a part of the owners group for about 4 years now. I, and about a thousand other people have personal information about the cars and about ourselves (address, phone, etc) that no one wants any random lurker aware of. Even you, if you become a part of the site.

I am sure when you get your car and you can log in the mystery/confusion will clear up.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

There is something seriously wrong with Mike Stenhouse who organizes their track events. Besides inviting non SPF owners to their events (the horror!), he had some loon in the tower at VIR a few years back, thought he was Carrol Shelby.

It was a horrific scene, I tell you.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

If you think it is complicated. You're welcome to start your own group. America, ain't it grand? I don't quite understand the issues you have, really. If you have questions to ask, there is an SPF forum here on CC now, ask away. You will most likely receive the same responses from the same people that you will over on SCOF. I don't know if the comment made about Mike was tongue-in-cheek, but having met Mike several times I think he's a hell of a guy. To each his own, I guess.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428
If you think it is complicated. You're welcome to start your own group. America, ain't it grand? I don't quite understand the issues you have, really. If you have questions to ask, there is an SPF forum here on CC now, ask away. You will most likely receive the same responses from the same people that you will over on SCOF. I don't know if the comment made about Mike was tongue-in-cheek, but having met Mike several times I think he's a hell of a guy. To each his own, I guess.
Tongue firmly planted in cheek, great guy, The Crankoids love him, we saw him at SAAC31 ans spent a few minutes with him. The SPF group treated us well, I just wish they would run at VIR again!

BTW...I was the loon in the tower!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Club Cranky knows Second Strike

JM,
I remember our first meeting with the Second Strike Gang at VIR a couple of seasons ago. Mike Stenhouse gives a great welcome speech and is a very funny guy.
I was surprised he invited the Crankoids to his event even though none of us own Superformance Cobras. I think we surprised those guys with our track dominance but in all fairness most of them did not have any track experience and most seemed quite content with burning rubber out of the pit lane and then site seeing for the rest of the session. Although Dennis Olthoff put on quite a demonstration of track know how and he was clearly the fastest of the fast.
I was surprised we did not see many of those Superformance guys on track at the SAAC convention cause they sure took up a lot of pit space. I thought the pits were for track guys and the show guys had their own parking outside the pit.
All clubs could use guys like Mike to get those waxers out on the track.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMahon
Tongue firmly planted in cheek, great guy, The Crankoids love him, we saw him at SAAC31 ans spent a few minutes with him. The SPF group treated us well, I just wish they would run at VIR again!

BTW...I was the loon in the tower!
I didn't know you were the guy in the tower, but figured that you had to be ribbing him. Just wanted to give him my thumbs up if you weren't.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think these sources of information should be willing to share with others with interest in the hobby, not just owners. At least that's how we ran our Corvete club.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:53 AM..
Old 10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

My goodness!

This guy has the car and thinks he can't join the club? I suspect that is wrong. The women's club probably won't let him join, but he probably isn't too upset.

I do not have a SPF car yet, but plan and aspire to own one. When I do I will join the groups that I cannot join today. I do respect the right a group has to define the criteria for membership. Exclusive clubs, say golf clubs, can define the membership in lots of ways, say with very large initiation fees or with the requirement of property ownership. Superformance entry fees are limited to whatever one pays for the car!

I understand the frustration of a prospective owner though. We do want to get as much information as we can, not only to help make the right decisions about configuring the car, but also the gathering of the information prior to the buy is so much fun!

Regardless, I am reading this forum daily (or nearly every day) and am enjoying most of it.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

"I do not plan on responding any further to this thread; insult me if you wish on this forum,..."

rsimoes...Why would anyone want to insult you for your asking a question?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

One point that has been mentioned and seems to me to be totally INCORRECT, is that he can't join until he has it registered in the state and has their serial #. If that is the case it is a recent development. I know of at least 2( I would be the 3rd)that have cars that aren't registered and they are members. The serial # used as membership is the SPF # not some jacka$$ state # a bunch of DMV zombies supply. I think his frustration has lead to an exaggeration of the real facts. The basic criteria was to keep people from ordering, becoming members and then having buyers remorse, canceling their order and having access to a forum they don't belong in. Pretty simple it would seem. If you HAVE the car and the SPF#, I think you can probably get a SCOF membership. If you became frustrated with the initial turn down because you didn't have the car yet, you may have mis-interpreted or projected the requirements. IF you have ALL these questions you WANT answers to, WHY haven't you asked them here? As I pointed out earlier, there is an SPF forum here now and the same people that will answer you on SCOF will do it here. I have seen a bunch of whining about not being allowed on the forum and ALL the questions you have, but I don't recall any or many that actually ASKED the questions that you desire an answer to. This is not meant to insult you, but to simply say asked the damned questions and quit your b****ing.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #2117, blown 4.6
Not Ranked     

Right you are...
I was a member of scof for about 6 months (beginning 7/2005) before I got my official SB100 registration in California (1/2006). Once a person has taken posession of his/her car, you can join scof. scof membership brings access to a wealth of information about the SPF and the opportunity to meet some good people and bounce ideas off them. (btw, I find that most car people are good people.)

As a relatively new SPF owner (16 months) who started Cobra replica research and selection 10+ years ago, and then scraped coins together for many years to get what I wanted, and as a person who appreciates other different makes of Cobra Replicas that friends own, I am always a little puzzled when I see hostility towards the SPF, SPF owners, or scof.

Keyword -- little. A little puzzled, and NO interest in ever playing defense regarding a decision that I made on a Cobra Replica purchase after doing some research.
I like my friend's replicas, they like my car. No big deal. Life is good.
James SPF2117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428
One point that has been mentioned and seems to me to be totally INCORRECT, is that he can't join until he has it registered in the state and has their serial #. If that is the case it is a recent development. I know of at least 2( I would be the 3rd)that have cars that aren't registered and they are members. The serial # used as membership is the SPF # not some jacka$$ state # a bunch of DMV zombies supply.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

Quote:
; insult me if you wish on this forum,
"Boy.....when we get home, remind me to smack yo momma in da mout"
Old 11-01-2006, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRooster
"Boy.....when we get home, remind me to smack yo momma in da mout"
Dane,

This may help.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: