Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     
Default 10.91 @ 128.75 DA 2100 ft

10.91 @ 128.75 DA 2100 ft

time slip

The date on the time slip was off by one day. It was 2 December 2006.

For the above run I had just installed my Buckshot Racefab side pipes for a club day at the drags. Man, they're nice looking. I spent the majority of the day adding larger jets gaining more power with each size up. I've gone up three jet sizes all the way around and an additional 5/8 turns out on all idle mixture screws so far over what I had for my Superformance side pipes. I may have a bit more power going up one more size to be +4 sizes over the Superformance side pipes.

For my run the start wasn't real fancy, but off idle with a little chirp and I nailed it to hook the Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials. The density altitude was right about 2100ft.

Here's the stuff on my car.

Superformance 2040
Roush 427R-095
Olthoff 2" primary headers
Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 3 inch internal
Pro-Systems 1000ish CFM carb
1/2" and 8AN fuel line from tank pick up to carb
Aeromotive fuel filter
Carter mechanical self regulating fuel pump
maid in Taiwan oval Cobra type intake with 2 1/2" inch tall filter
TKO 600 Detroit Truetrac 3.73 rear end
The Drive Shaft Shop half shafts
Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag radials, 325/50 15
Old 12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge, Boss 429
Not Ranked     

Nice run Greg.
We don't need no stinkin' Z06! LOL
Old 12-09-2006, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossCER
Nice run Greg.
We don't need no stinkin' Z06! LOL
I know quite a few guys with c6 Z06s, stock and modified. They're wonderful cars for the money and American. That's cool. I'd like one with air conditioning in our summer months.

The stock C6 Z06s at the strip for the day I was there were running 12s and 13s in the mid to high 100 teens mph. The mph presented by those participants put the corrected to sea level wheel HP in the 460 range when using calculators. That's about were they are.

Another C6 Z06 of a guy I know was there modified with long tube headers, full exhaust and some other stuff to add 100 HP or so. He was in the mid 11s in the 120s mph.

Looking over the net I think they make two types of stock C6 Z06s. I'm puzzled how some of the information presented on the internet about "bone stock" end up doing a trap speed which calculates out to a 560 wheel HP car. What is that 610 or so at the crank? Whatever the case they are all nice cars.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Wow! Nice run! That's some serious a$$ haulin'.

First gear launch or second gear?

Lowell
Old 12-09-2006, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421
Not Ranked     

Very nice Greg!! I only wish I had the $$ to reproduce your set-up. Keep up the good work!! Nice quality video too. Was that a Porche you were running against?
Old 12-10-2006, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slojo
Very nice Greg!! I only wish I had the $$ to reproduce your set-up. Keep up the good work!! Nice quality video too. Was that a Porche you were running against?
Thanks.

The particular blue car I raced in my video was another club member with Porsche 996tt with GT640 package. It has about 200 more HP over a stock 996tt.

Another guy in the club has a Porsche GT2 with GT700+ package with a couple other upgrades to give it about 778 HP. The particular car is about 400 lbs lighter than a normal 996tt. Here is his best pass for the day.

Here's a video were I am vs. the GT2 GT700 package when we both had poor runs. I was still fiddling with stuff. Good race though.... I got him on the hole shot for the win and he got me in time by .05 seconds.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Sweet run, Greg. Didn't sound like the 2-3 shift was all that aggressive either. You may have cheated yourself out of 5/100's on that alone.

-Dean #747

P.S. I'm now convinced that MT drag radials are the way to go.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Very nice runs. My car is setup very similar to yours and I always tell people that it is a high 10 second car on paper with the right tires and driver. I guess I was pretty accurate.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg,

Great run . The local guys I know are running in the high teens mph with the 427 zo6 also at low 12's to a 13 et. With your motor and traction, the numbers pencil out to high 10's. Awesome and a real pass.

Scott
Old 12-28-2006, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg,

Impressive run, but whats most impressive is you got it to hook up. Congrats....

About those "bone stock" Z O6 Vettes. You are right they are nice cars and with the heat from either your or my home state a/c is a good thing. However "Bone Stock" to me has always been a pretty odd way of describing a car someone has spent many many hours and a bunch of money to pass a tech inspection just so they can say its "stock".

Enough about those other cars.....Congrats again on a great run and what I'm sure was a fun day at the drags with a damn fast car.

Mike
Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

It sounds like 2nd to 3rd is a big drop in a TKO600. Is that so?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Fantastic run Greg!!

I am impressed. Drag radials and 3" exhaust are the only way to go!!
Jason
Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins
It sounds like 2nd to 3rd is a big drop in a TKO600. Is that so?
I short shifted the 2 to 3 shift a bit for the video pass. The 27 inch tall Mickey Thompson ET street drag radial rear tires with 3.73 rear end and TKO 600 has been awesome in every way street and strip. That video sounds a little doggy going into 3rd gear I know. I was actually trapping higher speeds before getting the jets large enough to were the engine wouldn't stumble up top in 3rd and 4th. I'm pretty certain the car would trap 132 mph with sea level air with an average pass and run a mid 10 on easy start. Then again if you back the air all the way down to -2000 ft like that C6 Z06 dudes pass that everyone talks about I'd calculate out to about 9.99 over 140 mph. LOL

I recently put on a set of 17 inch wheels with Yokohama A032R soft compound. The rear 315/35 17s are about an inch and a half shorter than the 325/50 15 drag radials. Those 17s are a blast and pull like a mother up in 3rd and 4th. The 1,2,3 and 4 shifts are real nice and fun too. The problem is you can't get them to stick below about 50 or 60 mph. They hook ok once in 3rd, but you need to be real careful you're going in a straight line and don't hit any little bumps to loose control if full throttle. The 15 inch drag radials are much more forgiving and stick once heated very well.

The Mickey Thompson 27 inch tall tires with 3.73 rear are about 145 mph top of 4th gear.

The Yokohama 25.5 inch tall tires are about 135 mph top of 4th gear.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greg -- any thoughts of running 17" drag radials? Either BFG or Nitto? Wondering if they would give you a middle ground on the street... (I would assume that the MT ET's would still be the best for the track.)
Old 12-29-2006, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsai
Greg -- any thoughts of running 17" drag radials? Either BFG or Nitto? Wondering if they would give you a middle ground on the street... (I would assume that the MT ET's would still be the best for the track.)
I know a number of guys with modified Mercedes SL65 AMG and other 600 series V12 twin turbos Mercedes in the 700 HP range that use the 17" wheel size Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials. Most of them knock of 1.5 60ft times with the well over 4000 lb race weight. The computer in the car does the hard part, but they are still moving out with 1.5 60ft times.

I also know a couple guys with 1000+ HP twin turbo Vipers that use the low profile drag radials on their cars. They stick like glue in the roll, but require some talent to launch.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: