Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     
Default About to purchase, need reassurance.

Hello all,

I live in NY and am about to purchase my dream car. With much research I have decided to use the Superformance dealer in OH (Dynamic Motorsports) and their Engine building partner Performance Engineering. Originally I was going w. roush, but am highly considering their 413 built in house instaead of the 402.

Although, there are dealers closer I am impressed and comforted with the volume of cars Dynamic has delivered.

Any feed back and reassurance will be greatly apprecaited.

I cant wait to join the club!!

Regards,

Chris
Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Cobra re-creation based on Kirkham aluminum body and chassis, Original 1965 Ford 427 Side Oiler and Ford Toploader transmission
Not Ranked     

Best of luck and congratulations. I can't help you directly as I drive a Kirkham but Superformance certainly makes great cars. I can tell you that I have had some interaction with the Dynamic Motorsports guys as they are involved with the Noble which I also drive. They have been good to work with and very responsive and I suspect would be a great choice for you.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Buy the car!!! You can't go wrong. It is a good car and will be brand new. So what can not be right. Besides, owning a Cobra is not like just "owning a car", . . . . . Owning a Cobra is a way of live. I still just stand in the garage after 8 years and stare at the car. I still can't believe I have one!!!

Just do it!!!!!
________
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2450, Roush 342RE
Not Ranked     

I shopped for over a year before deciding on SPF. Some of the the reasons are:
*...It has excellent fit and finish.
*...It came with a lot of the extras that I would have had to add later on.
*...It fit my budget (There are other great brands out there but they would have cost more)
*...John Miller (Their Reno dealer)and their next-door neighbor Steve Bramlitt (Reno Engine & Drivetrain) are terrific to deal with. They advised rather than sold and actually guided me on the purchase and installation so that they saved me unnecessary addons and money.
*...Steve & John kept me up to date on the progress of the build (I have the mechanical aptitude of a turnip so I needed help)
*We made some "Different' additions that required them to create solutions and the end result was excellent workmanship.
*...I've had my Cobra for several weeks now and have driven it every sunny day. I still believe it was the right choice.

Buyers remorse is normal...It'll go away as soon as you start it up. (Check my gallery for the Geezer's wide grin at delivery time)
Have fun!
Ivan
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65cobra1
Buyers remorse is normal...It'll go away as soon as you start it up.
Buyers remorse and owning a Cobra are mutually exclusive.
________
Old 05-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

I have had excellent service from Dynamic. Most of my Dealings have been with R.E.D and John at Dynamic and I cannot be more pleased. Part of the fun has been tinkering with the car with all the modifications I have made to it. I just recently added stripes (contrasting dull black stripes to the high gloss finish on the car). Anything I wanted to do they had the answers and were extremely helpful. I went with the Roush 427IR, polished and I am extremely satisfied with this set up. I think you will enjoy the experience and the ride.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-30-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Rob,

Question: Did you get a crate or custom motor?

All of the adjectives you used to describe the car were Perfect! Never understood why anyone would put a radio on one of these when the engine sounds sooo sweet.

Thanks again. My order is going in tomorrow AM. Should be up and running in ~60 days.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

You can't go wrong with Superformance. They make a very nice car.

I talked with the folks at Dynamic--nice guys and they do move a lot of cars.

I also talked with Eric at Performance Engineering. He seems to be a straight shooter.

What color are you going with?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I always thought it would be red or black (been dreaming since I was a kid). Now at 37 my order goes in tomorrow and I think I am going with Indigo blue with white stripes and chrome pipes.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Blue with white stripes---classic Cobra colors.

It's going to be a beautiful car!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance + Ford 460 (550hp)
Not Ranked     
Default me too

also in ny and in the same position. very interested to hear how things turn out for you. i missed a great looking early model black SPF with a 460 on ebay a few weeks ago that went for 42k. i fell asleep at the switch.

bill
Old 05-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

My 2000 SPF #867 originally came from Dynamic. I'm the second owner (bought it from a guy in Columbus, OH) but I've called them on occassion and they've been really great.
I researched the crap out of these cars for months, decided on SPF, and have never, ever given it another thought. If I bought another tomorrow, I'd buy another SPF.
Even though you've found Club Cobra, there's another site called SCOF, where you can get really nitty gritty detailed technical info. Part numbers, service updates, those kinds of things. I prefer CC, SCOF is clumsy to navigate, but occasionally you'll need a deeper dive into an issue.
If black's still an option, it sure looks good on a Cobra! Since it's not a daily driver, it's easier to keep clean. Pics in my gallery.
If stuck on blue, I love the Indigo. Saw an Indigo one with Titanium stripes - Awesome!
Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII, Performance Engineering 418 Stroker. Keyless Entry, and naturally aspirated A/C
Not Ranked     

I have an Indigo Blue w/ Titanium stripes and get many, many compliments...

If I was to do it again, I would go for the Royal Blue / Wimbledon White combo. That is fantastic!

Eric @ Performance Engineering does a S@#! eating grin of a job with his stroker motors. I scare the crap out everyone that rides with me! The only time my wife swears is when I take her for a ride in the Cobra! She is scared to death of the thing, but loves to ride in it when I play it cool..

Pull the trigger! Its something you gotta do! Put it on your short list!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Excellent choice of car and you couldn't ask for a better dealership. Their service and integrity are 2nd to none. Eric @ Performance Engineering built my big block for spf1299.......what an awesome motor.

Go ahead and pull the trigger and don't look back.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-30-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 05-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Hey Chris:
I've had my SPF for over 7 years now. It's loud, the wind has cost me several hats, it's uncomfortable, it has no storage and I can't use it when the weather is anything but sunny. In spite of all that, I love this car. Tomorrow the wife and I are heading up the Wilbur Cross Pky to get together with other Cobra owners. Getting there is most of the fun!

You'll love the car, be careful with the 90 inch wheelbase. Short wheelbase cars with tons of HP love to swap ends.

Bob
Old 05-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2592, Shelby alum. 527
Not Ranked     

Hi Chris,

I have nothing but good things to say about Performance Engineering. Eric (the owner) and his staff will bend over backwards to please you. I visited the shop several times while my engine was built and dynoed and every time I was treated like an old friend. They do excellent work and will definitely work with you to give you exactly what you want. You won't go wrong with them.

Rodger
Old 05-04-2007, 08:22 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Smile SPF - Good choice!

Chris,
You will not be unhappy with the SPF. I have had no dealings with Dynamic, but have heard many good things about them.
The whole SPF dealer network is great!!!!! They work together to help their customers. I have been to three of them for various things - nothing to do with the quality of the car. Just some things I wanted done or needed.
I would suggest that you look into the Roush motor again, as I recall it comes with a warranty. I don't know if Eric can offer the same.
Just my $.02 worth.

TL
Old 05-04-2007, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 92 Classic Roadsters, 408CI Clevor, T-56
Not Ranked     

This used SPF here on ClubCobra is a steal. It is a great car with many special mods - especially the FI system. It is a work of art!!!

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...hp?product=387