Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE ROUSH427 TRI POWER
Not Ranked     
Default New Spf 2585

Hello, I Have Just Purchased A New Spf, Indigo Blue With Titanium Stripes, Am Looking Forward To The Experience And The Thrill. I Have Learned Alot Reading All Of The Messages On Club Cobra And Want To Thank All For The Info. I Am Dealing With The Guys At D&m Motorsports And Am Very Happy So Far With Their Knowledge And Help. The Motor I Selected Is A 427 Roush Full Polished Tri Power. Anyone Out There Own A Roush 427 , And How Has Your Luck Been With It? Thanks Again All.
Blue427
Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Blue427
I am having a Backdraft built for me in SA to be delivered to New Zealand.
It will be powered by Roush as well. These engines are recommended by the guys at BDR and I have not heard anything but good reports about them. My has been purchased sight unseen so I am totally relying on the experience and recommendation of the Backdraft team.
Good luck with yours, when do you get to take your first outing in it ???

Graham
Old 05-08-2007, 12:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New Spf

Graham,
Good To Hear That, I Will Be Getting The Car Towards The End Of The Month,what Motor Did You Go With? Carb,inject Etc? Am Looking Forward To The First Run.as Im Sure You Are Too.
Blue427
Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Blue427

Mate .... Looking foward to the first run ??? ....BIG understatement.
I've got another three and a bit weeks to go until I head over to South Africa for a look at my car, finished, hopefully a couple of runs around the block, a few adjustments, and then an agonising 40 days to wait while it is shipped out to NZ AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

But hell I know it's all goingto be worth it. It is now about 16 years since I fist considered the potentiality of being an Owner of one of these beasts. At that stage I was living in Sydney, Australia, and was pretty keen on a replica being manufactured in Wesren Australia. Then moved back to NZ, young family, new business ventures and here I am 16 years later finally about to realise probably the longest term goal I have ever had. Great fun to come though I'm sure.

Anyway I digress, sorry.
I'm going with the 342R. Should be enough power for me this time around, until I get use to it and then who knows what could happen from there. One thing is for sure though I know this will not be my last Cobra.
Hope you enjoy your first ride. I know !! ( silly statement ) of course you will

Graham
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

I have a Roush 427IR in my SPF, 564HP, 550Ft#'s torque, and cannot be happier with the performance of the car. Great combination!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Graham,
You Will Like The 342r, I Test Drove One With That Motor In It And It Ran Beautifully,sounded Good And Had Lots Of Power In My Opinion.it Was A Sweet Motor And A Good Choice, Good Luck.!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Theiling

That Motor Looks Wonderful, I Am Wondering, Have You Had Any Issues With The Fi? Tuning Etc, ? I Have Heard It Could Be A Issue But The Fi Is A Plus In My Book, You Have A Great Ride And Your Car Stands Out With That Engine Combo.what Do You Think It Does For The Value Down The Line, Having The Roush Motors, Etc I Hope It Helps Value, But Am Not Sure At This Point. I Am Looking Forward To The First Run This Month.thx
Blue427
Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #419 Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

I have a Roush 402r in my BDR and have had no problems in the 6 months I've had it. I really goes and is pretty civilized on the street as well.Would recommend it,plus it looks very shiny when you pop the hood. Ha Ha.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MIII, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

I have a Roush 427 with a single plane intake, I've got approx 2200 miles and no problems other then tuning the carb (which is altitude related). The motor is healthy and cruises good at 2K. You won't regret the choice...as for resale, it will be worth more to those people looking for the "name", however, the intial additional cost of the Roush motor over say a CHP or Keith Craft will limit the profit.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Again, I Picked Up The Car A Few Weeks Ago And Already Have A Thousand Miles On It, Drove It In Every Situation And No Major Issues, A Few Light Leaks That Are Getting Resolved By Tightening A Few Bolts, But Other Than That It Was A Blast. I Am Learning The Car And The Feel At This Time, Have Run It To 135 But Had To Back Down As It Was Getting A Bit Hairy For A Newbie, But Am Getting More Comfortable Every Day. My Wife Likes It Also , And Drives It Well. I Am In Northern Wisconsin And The Roads Are Very Good For The Most Part, I Have Th .82 5th Gear And It Pulls On The Hills And Has Lots Of Power Throughout The Whole Gear, I Really Like That. I Have Found The 2-3 Shift A Bit Inconsistent At Higher Speeds, I Get It Right About 70% Of The Time, Have Any Other Superformance Owners Has This Problem? Did You Fix It, How? Would Appreciate Some Input, I Will Post A Few Photos When I Figure Out How To Do It, Good To Be A Part Of The Group, Thanks
Marty

Last edited by BLUE427; 06-25-2007 at 09:15 PM..
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by BLUE427; 06-25-2007 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Congrats on taking delivery of your car Blue! What transmission are running? I'm running the Tremec and a couple of folks posted positive comments about the Steeda shift kit. I decided to have the Steeda installed before I took delivery and the 2nd to 3rd shift if very positive.

Best of luck...try to keep it under 135 mph

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here Are A Few Photos, Of Spf2585, LARGER FILES IN MY GALLERY
Attached Images

Last edited by BLUE427; 06-25-2007 at 10:28 PM..
Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello, Got The Bug, I See You Took Delivery Also, Great Car, I Like The Color Too, Your Engine Looks Very Similar To Mine. I Have A Roush 427 R With Tri Power, I Have The Tremec 600 Trans And Have A Bit Of A Challenge Making That 2-3 Shift Consistent And Fast. I Heard The Steeda And The Pro 5.0 Shifter Are Good Ones, I Will Probably Wait It Out A Year As Not To Void The Warranty, Then Install One Or The Other, Do You Like Your Shifter? Any 2-3 Rd Issues? Would Be Interested In Your Input. Thanks And Have Fun With That New Car!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2482 Shelby/Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Congrats! Great Color combo. That was one of my first choices along with Black/tit, but I never could see a car in person with it and the dealer already had black in stock. I went with a Roush 427SR and even though I only have 500 miles on it, I love it. Can't see ever needing more torque, but you never know.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, Rousch 402
Not Ranked     

I have a few issues from time to time with the second to third shift, usually when I am in the upperr range of RPMs. Some of the guys on the Superformance forum change the fluid to slick shift and have the trans blueprinted and have had no problems. I have a TKO 600 as I assume you do and I just really try to hit the gate exactly and I have less problems. When you are on the drag strip that is kinda hard to do. Come and join the Superformance Cobra Owners Forum (SCOF)and you can bounce it all off of the SPF guys. Congrats on your car and enjoy, I KNOW YOU WILL Ryan
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Smeredith

Did You Get Yours In Colorado? If You Did I Saw That Car There A Month Ago, It Was A Beauty! I Also Did The 427 Sr , But Went With The 3 2 Bbl Carbs, I Like It Alot. The Black And Titanium Was My Second Choice, But The Dealer I Went To Had The Blue/titanium There Already, Great Car You Have , Thanks For The Post.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ryan,
Thanks For The Info, I Looked Into All Of That Also And Will Probaly Go That Route With The Fluid And The Shifter, After The Warranty Is Up Next June. I Joinred The Scof Deal A Few Weeks Ago And No Password Yet, The Site Is Kind Of Difficult To Navigate It Seems, Still Waiting A Reply From Them, Thanks !
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance,392strokerr
Not Ranked     

Great looking combination. You are starting a journey that is never ending fun. No other car draws the attention a Cobra does so be prepared.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2482 Shelby/Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Blue427,
Yea, I bought it from Trac at Legendary Motorsport in Castle Rock, and had Cliff & Andy with Specialty Cars do the install. They had a lot of different choices but not the Indigo Blue. Hopefully it will be a little easier to keep clean, but what's the fun of a car show if you don't have to get up and dust every 5 minutes.