Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, PE 514
Not Ranked     
Default Availability of 295/50/15 Tires

Greetings Everyone;

I talked to Tim -- the parts guy at Dynamic Motorsports in Ohio today. He said that they are unable to get 295/50/15 tires anymore. All of the cars going out the door are getting 275/60/15s for rear tires. Apparently, there's not enough demand for the wider 15's from Goodyear, BFG, or Yokohama.

It may be that those that want to run wider tires may HAVE to go to 17's at some point in the very near future.

Bryon
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/en/selectorSize2.asp
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.kellytires.com/kellytires...rimdiameter=15
Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham#182/Shelby 496c.i.
Not Ranked     

There's been a lot of hoopla over the Avon CR6-ZZ as of late.
Bias Ply Racing Tires vs Street Radials
Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 351W to 393 Twisted Wedge Heads, Holley double pumper
Not Ranked     

In searching for a replacement 15" tires, Firestone Firehawk Indy series tires can be found in 295/50/15 as well as 255/60/15. Pickens are gettting slim.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, V8, Manual Trans, Htr, Wipers, Radio Delete
Not Ranked     

Looks like Dunlop is following suit. At this rate we're going to run out of tires before we run out of gas.
Frank
Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

I find it kind of ironic that many of us here (including yours truly) have *****ed about the fact that the majority of these manufacturers either build a crappy tire, or the tires don't handle/grip very well on our short wheelbase, over-powered chassis (perhaps Yokohama and definitely the uber expensive Avon's being the lone exceptions). And now that most are putting their tire molds into storage, we're all up in arms!

Maybe this is the cleansing that was needed so that someone with cajones will step up and fill the void with a REAL radial that handles like no other, but priced somewhere between a $150 BFG and a $250+ Avon?

"Goodyear Racing....paging Goodyear Racing....ditch those 40 year old bias plys and give us a RADIAL in the same sizes and with those big beautiful white letters. It's free advertising, Goodyear. Oh yeah, and make them blackwall on one side for those that would rather have it that way. How hard can this truly be?"

-Dean
Old 10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 351W to 393 Twisted Wedge Heads, Holley double pumper
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Messina
Looks like Dunlop is following suit. At this rate we're going to run out of tires before we run out of gas.
Frank
Too true!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40
Not Ranked     

Anyone know about Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R radials? They are H rated with a nice looking tread. They have a size comparable to 295's.
26x12x15 as well as 26x10x15 for fronts.
http://www.mickeythomsontires.com/st...em=SportsmanSR
Old 10-04-2007, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2001 SPF, Sold =(
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta

"Goodyear Racing....paging Goodyear Racing....ditch those 40 year old bias plys and give us a RADIAL in the same sizes and with those big beautiful white letters. It's free advertising, Goodyear. Oh yeah, and make them blackwall on one side for those that would rather have it that way. How hard can this truly be?"

-Dean

+1

I totally agree!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Check out Tirerack.com. I just bought Goodyear Eagle GTII in 295-50-15 for a better price than my local supplier can get them for, wholesale. You might also want to consider Nitto and Yokohama.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2001 SPF, Sold =(
Not Ranked     

Oh please don't tell me they are doing away with 295/50/15's now! I still have 305/50/15 Euro T/A's on mine.. and I LOVE the size. It's since become a "dead size" as we all know too. Should I buy a set of 295's now to replace my 305's when the time comes?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, PE 514
Not Ranked     

Greetings Everyone;

The 295/50/15 Avid S/Ts from Yokohama are definitely drying up -- after the few tires left are sold, there probably won't be any more.

Bryon
Old 10-12-2007, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's what's available on Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...=All&x=73&y=13

Just got new tires for my SRT10 from them. Great to deal with.

Shawn
Old 10-12-2007, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

http://www.performanceplustire.com/p...ter=15&x=7&y=6 and www.tire-easy.com both have 295/50 Avids available still, get em while their hot!!!

Last edited by fsstnotch; 10-12-2007 at 03:20 AM..
Old 10-12-2007, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Cooper Cobra radials.

http://www.coopertires.com/html/prod...&artw=50&rd=15

Any-one had any experience?

Seem available in most sizes including 295/50/15

Cheers
Old 11-15-2007, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default 295/50R15's...

I just bought two 295/50R15 Goodyear Eagle GTII tires from TireRack. Their website initially told me they were out of stock at all five of their warehouses and would not be restocked until 12/18/2007, with home delivery about two days after that. I was placing my order to get on the waiting list, when Lo and Behold, their Maryland warehouse indicated they had them in stock. They must have performed a physical inventory and came across at least two 295's in stock. I received my 255/60/R15 fronts last night since they came from their Shreveport, LA, warehouse. I expect my 295 rears tonight...

PS...But, I'm with others who want someone - ANYONE - to produce a performance tire in our sizes...similar to the Goodyear Billboards...but in a radial...and preferably with the same technology used to make the white letters on their GTII tires. While I like the looks of the Billboards...the poor quality lettering is a sticking point for me. I know, it looks authentic and all that. But, it's just too high maintenance for my tastes...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.

Last edited by Flyin_Freddie; 11-15-2007 at 08:59 AM..
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Rebel, I'm running Cooper Cobra tires and I like them. Very little weight to balance and they are wearing well

Mark
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Lets ban together and get these DOT rated......

Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_Freddie
I just bought two 295/50R15 Goodyear Eagle GTII tires from TireRack. Their website initially told me they were out of stock at all five of their warehouses and would not be restocked until 12/18/2007, with home delivery about two days after that. I was placing my order to get on the waiting list, when Lo and Behold, their Maryland warehouse indicated they had them in stock. They must have performed a physical inventory and came across at least two 295's in stock. I received my 255/60/R15 fronts last night since they came from their Shreveport, LA, warehouse. I expect my 295 rears tonight...

PS...But, I'm with others who want someone - ANYONE - to produce a performance tire in our sizes...similar to the Goodyear Billboards...but in a radial...and preferably with the same technology used to make the white letters on their GTII tires. While I like the looks of the Billboards...the poor quality lettering is a sticking point for me. I know, it looks authentic and all that. But, it's just too high maintenance for my tastes...

That would be Avon. V rated, sticky compound, classic tread design. They are pricey, but it IS for your special ride. Worth it IMHO. A new set of sneakers for a viper or corvette would cost about the same. Christmas is coming, put it on your list.

Bret.