Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 05:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

SWEEEET! Great looking car. Quick Question: I didn't know you can remove the bars that hold the quickjacks or bumpers. Makes for a clean look. But, do you loose anything in the process?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

JBCobra, The guy I purchased the car from removed all the hardware in the front for the quickjacks, because one of them kept getting loose. They lost one of the SS quickjacks in the process.

It doesn't appear that you loose anything if you take them off. I will be ordering the missing quickjack today so I can put them back on.

Is that your SPF Roadster in the pictures and is it British Racing Green? Looks Great!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Thanks! The color is Ivy Green. Back in the day you could get your original in this color
Old 02-05-2008, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 418 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812545 View Post
JBCobra, The guy I purchased the car from removed all the hardware in the front for the quickjacks, because one of them kept getting loose. They lost one of the SS quickjacks in the process.

It doesn't appear that you loose anything if you take them off. I will be ordering the missing quickjack today so I can put them back on.
I have been told by people who should know that on an SPF the quickjack bolts serve an important role in attaching the front of the body to the frame. So it's good that you're replacing yours. In the interim, I wouldn't drive it very fast.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

The quickjack attaches to a square box on the frame. You can remove the quickjacks and the square box if you like it supports nothing. I have seen these parts on a spf with the body removed. (mine)

Don't try to jack your car up with them.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........

Last edited by thudmaster; 02-05-2008 at 05:52 PM..
Old 02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed, Is installing the bolts and hardware for the quickjacks difficult? Does it require removing the front wheels or anything?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

I'll send you some photo references tomorrow...
Old 02-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No sir it is very easy. You do not need to even jack the car up. Just a clean spot to lay on works.

Btw you may want to order a wiring diagram from Blas. You may not need it today but someday it will be invaluable. (Or night)

Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance,427 Windsor Dart
Not Ranked     

On the Quick Jacks, as I understand it from some of the experts on the Superformance Forum, they do hold the front of the body secure. If you drive very fast you may damage the frome clip. I would check with your dealer before you drive fast and confirm there use. I have a Superformance with them and they bolt to the front of the frame and go through the fromt of the body. As other have said they are not for jacking just for looks in that regard but they do have a function as far as the body is concerned.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have the complete front of one of my cars off. They have no funtion with the body......They hold two bolts apiece for the quickjacks or overiders. They are in fact bolted to the frame but serve no other purpose.

In my gallery there is a picture of the box sitting on the end of the frame. Nothing attaches to it except to two bolts for the quickjacks.

Last edited by thudmaster; 02-06-2008 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: needed to
Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed, Thanks for the directions on the quickjacks.

BTW, I sent a check to Blas for the wiring diagram. I'm sure it will come in handy.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Hey Dan,
A couple of things for every SPF owner's To Do list:
1. Get one of Blas' electrical diagrams for your car. This shows the whole electrical layout and sooner or later, you'll need it. Also shows some of the popular upgrades and how to wire them in.
2. Join SCOF (Superformance Cobra Owner's Assoc) Superformance Cobra Owners Forum . It'll take a couple of weeks, but their Technical Section is worth several weeks mowing through. Eye opening what is in there. I printed out the whole dang thing and made a binder.
3. Hook up with your local Cobra chapter. Sounds like this is already underway, but you'll see this guy did this and that guy did that. All of a sudden, your perfect car needs an upgrade!
4. Get some miles under your belt in different conditions. Cold, hot, wet-you'll want to know how your car behaves in these instances. Believe me, you'd rather find out what it's going to do while YOU are playing with it, than find out when, given a situation, it is playing with you. Go to a vacant parking lot and sling it around a bit and see how it behaves. Just get the feel of what's recoverable vs. when you're screwed.
5. It really is a beautiful car. Just enjoy it. Don't work up an upgrade list overnight that you have to complete by Memorial Day. There's always someone who's got a whiz-bang widget that you could upgrade. Just soak it in as it is.