Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2589 Titanium w/ Indigo Blue Stripes 408/351w TKO600
Not Ranked     

To clarify Snake Power is basically the service shop of D&M, it's in the back.

Also to clarify why i thought $3500 was so expensive is because the 17" wheels i optioned for(they were on another car) were $2500 with tires. The Tires were Goodyear F1 GS-DS3, with 255s in front and 315s in back so the tires cost ~$1000. So to get the 18's was going to be be $4500

Also another thing, they would not let me "option" for the wheels, they would only let me buy the 18" wheels in addition to the 15's because they said they had a stock pile of them and they didn't want anymore of them.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2589 Titanium w/ Indigo Blue Stripes 408/351w TKO600
Not Ranked     

Well to add more fuel to my fire it seems i may have come over something else. It appears as though did not get everything that was supposed to come with the car. I don't have a shifter boot or chrome ring. There are other things i think are missing too but i am not 100% sure if they come with the vehicle. So question is, does anyone have a list or know of a list in which is supposed to come with the car, more specifically pieces that aren't already on the car.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I am going to go start a packing list thread....I have the same question.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 06-15-2008, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Richie18.
You purchased you car as a roller I assume. Was the car prepped in any way by the dealer? Suggestion: Perhaps if you made a list of what you did receive in the way of loose parts with your car that would start this thread off in the right direction...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 06-15-2008, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of SPF#2632
Not Ranked     

What I had Received...shifter ring/boot/handle/knob...Steering wheel center emblem (SPF)...Owners Manual...Speedometer Reverser (D&M forgot this but later sent it)...Shelby Placard...Top/Side Windows/Tonneau cover...Headers and pipes for 351W...the rest was what i purchased from Snakepower.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Speedometer Reverser???

Blas: I was sorry to hear about Mike Sr.. -He was a heck of a nice guy.
The last time I spoke with him I was shopping for a GT-40. When he figured out that I wasn't ready to buy the car yet, he switched gears on me and tried selling me his time-share at the Mayan Palace. -Always the salesman!
I was just at D&M this past Monday looking at their 3 GT-40's on the floor. I looked for Mike Jr. to give him my condolences but I didn't see him.

-Hope things go well for the guys at D&M. Mike Sr., and his vision, will surley be missed.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrysSPF View Post
I was just at D&M this past Monday looking at their 3 GT-40's on the floor.
Terry,

Any thoughts on those GT40's you saw? I'm not ready to buy, yet, but I know they had a Lambo Orange, White and a Heritage. All have been unsuccessfuly auctioned on eBay.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of SPF#2632
Not Ranked     

[quote=TerrysSPF;855497]Speedometer Reverser???

Terry - this is the reverser gear that plugs in the back of the speedo so you can use a standard speedomter cable. It was left off of my speedo and once i finshed my install realized this part was missing. D & M shipped right away.

http://www.nisonger.com/smiths-parts.htm

Look at the bottom "BG2410-80 Reverser for 427 Cobra Counterclockwise Speedometer "
Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ekrupa: Thanks for the link - it was interesting! I was wondering what you were speaking of, and now I know.
-Didn't know my car had one of those!

Rodknock: All 3 GT40's they have are very nice. The Orange is a little bright for me (they have an Orange Daytona there too), but the White car was nice. I spent the most time with the Gulf car - which is my favorite. I just love that color combo!
However, if I bought one, it would most likely be Black. When I started shopping for a Cobra I wanted a solid Black one............I ended up going with a Blue / White stripe car instead (but it grew on me!).
If I go GT40, or Daytona, it will be a solid Black car...........period.
(Even if I go Z-06 it will be Black).

My problem is, my wife is starting to hint that SHE wants a new car too. I came back from D&M with a smile on my face and she went nuts telling me I need to wait until she finds something she wants first (to see how much $$$ is left over for me I guess).

I'm constantly reminded (mostly by HER friends) of the saying........"A happy wife is a happy life".
I'm starting to wonder about that................

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 07-01-2008 at 08:06 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Rodknock: All 3 GT40's they have are very nice. The Orange is a little bright for me (they have an Orange Daytona there too), but the White car was nice. I spent the most time with the Gulf car - which is my favorite. I just love that color combo!
However, if I bought one, it would most likely be Black. When I started shopping for a Cobra I wanted a solid Black one............I ended up going with a Blue / White stripe car instead (but it grew on me!).
If I go GT40, or Daytona, it will be a solid Black car...........period.
(Even if I go Z-06 it will be Black).

My problem is, my wife is starting to hint that SHE wants a new car too. I came back from D&M with a smile on my face and she went nuts telling me I need to wait until she finds something she wants first (to see how much $$$ is left over for me I guess).

I'm constantly reminded (mostly by HER friends) of the saying........"A happy wife is a happy life". I'm starting to wonder about that................
I would like red, but they don't have one in a MKI. They tried selling the the white, orange and Heritage on eBay unsuccesfully. The Heritage had a BIN price of $10,000 more than the orange and white one, although it's only a $3,000 option from SPF. I would be happy with all three, even the orange one. The one issue I have is trying to figure out the transaxle situation, but I know that's a question for the GT40 forum here or on the actual GT40 forum. I have searched for info, but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy on the complete situation of supply, the type and pricing.

Maybe they'll do a bulk (two for) sale/deal for us? Eh, just dreaming.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Rodney - Stop smoking the good stuff and get that Kirkham on the road before the summer ends.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Rodney - Stop smoking the good stuff and get that Kirkham on the road before the summer ends.
Well, the sidepipes are being fitted, cooling and oiling system hooked up, throttle linkage run and everything buttoned back up, so I'm getting closer. This week, the shop is closed. Eh, he's probably tired of me visiting anyway and needed a vacation.

Hey, the GT40 idea is real. However, selling my Vette would be a nice thing to do first.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Hey, the GT40 idea is real. However, selling my Vette would be a nice thing to do first.
Cool! Go for the heritage paint job.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Cool! Go for the heritage paint job.
Doug, one thing at a time. Anyway, they want $10K more for the Heritage edition.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That Heritage paint scheme is awsome, but a 10K upcharge is pretty steep.

That's the difference between these guys (at D&M) and just ordering one from a SPF dealer though. If they have a color combo you want, and you want it NOW.........these guys are a good place to go (they usually have several in stock). -But you will pay a premium for getting it "now".

If you don't mind the waiting period, than I would order from a dealer direct (like Dynamic that's only a few hours away from D&M) and save a few grand.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
That Heritage paint scheme is awsome, but a 10K upcharge is pretty steep.

That's the difference between these guys (at D&M) and just ordering one from a SPF dealer though. If they have a color combo you want, and you want it NOW.........these guys are a good place to go (they usually have several in stock). -But you will pay a premium for getting it "now".

If you don't mind the waiting period, than I would order from a dealer direct (like Dynamic that's only a few hours away from D&M) and save a few grand.
The D&M sound like they would be willing to negotiate like any car dealer. The Heritage car had a BIN price of $75,000 on eBay and both the orange and white cars had a BIN price of $65,000. So they seem to be discounting the orange and white cars, since SPF lowered their retail price from $80K to $75K.

Also, last time I checked at D&M, they had 4 MKI's and 4 MKII's.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rodknock- No doubt about it. They ARE a used car dealer and they ARE willing to negotiate. -They have negotiated on price with me in the past (on some cars more than others).

I didn't see the listings for these cars on Ebay, but if their BIN price was 65K for those 2 GT40's, then that was more than fair.
-That's not the price that was quoted on the floor, however.

You may be right, they may have more GT40's in the back (they usually have a TON of Cobra rollers back there), but I didn't go in their back storage area on this visit. I was mainly there to look over the Daytona, which they only had 1 of and it was on the sales floor.

My comments regarding pricing were mainly related to my experience with them in the past with Cobra's. Their rollers were always a few grand more than what you could order the same car for at Dynamic, but with D&M, you didn't have the 6 month wait.
D&M also liked dropping in the Ford 392 crate engine and selling them as turn-keys. They always had a bit of a markup on them, but like I said.................you could get in, turn the key, start her up, and drive it away TODAY.
-To many folks, that's worth the extra money.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 07-03-2008 at 07:26 AM..
Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Ward is no longer associated with SnakePower or D&M.
Brian is their chief installer / parts guy / repair guy / Q&A guy / etc. right now.
There have been some changes at D&M since Mike Sr. passed away late last year and also some transition time after his loss. Mike Sr. was quite visionary in his business focus. I'm sure it took a while to get back to business as usual at D&M and to redefine the rolls and responsibilities of the sales and service people...
Purchased our Cobra from D&M in Jan. Met with Ward in Feb, and Brian put her together. I was surprised to hear about Ward, but Brain does a great job. The car runs great and we are going to meet up with him next week to get some 5pt seatbelts installed and a bug shield for the radiator.
So far, I have had a great experience with Kevin @ D&M and Brian @ SnakePower
Old 07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Dynotech (sp?) bought Dynamic right after the first of the year. The have retained most of the staff. Ron Rosen (original owner of Dynamic) suffered a bad stroke maybe two years ago and can no longer particiapte in the management of the business. His son Dean and son-in-law Ian have been running the business up to the recent sale. Ian and Dean bought the rights to the Nobel and have created the Rossion based on that car. The Rossion is a better looking car (IMHO) and shares some of the Noble lines and also some lines that remind me of Porsche. Nice car with outstanding performance. They have moved nest door temporarily and plan on moving the business to a region where they think there will be a larger core business (CA or FL but looks like it is going to be FL). Steve, the new owner of Dynamic seems like a good guy. He is a true blue car nut and has a lot of ideas. Time will tell if he can put them to use long distance (he operates his other businesses out of the Cleveland, OH area). BTW, he makes a sweet looking webber looking EFI for Ford engines. Awesome look and if I recall correctly runs around 5K - 6K. I have no idea how they perform but he is pretty excited about them and if the run half as good as they look, they would be a nice upgrade for those who can stand the $$$$.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I can personally vouch for Ian and Dean. I bought SPF 2734 from them. Very professional dudes.

--Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com