Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF#2572, 427 S/O 2X4
Not Ranked     
Default Cooling Fan Relay Part #

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement cooling fan relay. The part # on the one that went bad was a Hella 4RA-940-010-67. I have not had any luck finding one locally. What are you guys using to replace them with, and where did you get them?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Napa

Go to your local NAPA store and get an Echlin AR 274 relay. It is a standard relay rated for the current.
Almost any parts house can cross that number.......to any manufacturer.

Regards,
Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2473, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

If you want the exact Hella relay and not a generic one go online to Susquehanna Motorsports. www.rallylights.com
Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

it is just a 20AMP relay with a mount. you should be able to source a relay locally for 20$ or less.

or you can cheap out and go to the junk yard and pick up some monster AC relays for cheap and JB weld on a tab to bolt it down.

remember pinout ;

easy way to remember is 85-86 are the mag lock, 87 and 30 are the pathway

--Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com

Last edited by PANAVIA; 10-05-2008 at 02:39 AM..
Old 10-05-2008, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default What's new???

Archrms Look for a 30 amp relay if you can't find a 20. Most snap right on. If that relay is worn out and you can get the cover off, check and see if the contacts are burnt or welded together. For a pinch you can clean them with fine emery paper and they should work again for a short time. IMO the problem is the spike when the fans or fan comes on. The spike can be on a fan motor from 40 to 70 amps. This is why you also have slo-blow fuses in the car. 30 amp relay has the same mounting setup. The diagrams is printed on the side of the relay to check. 30 is heavy duty. It will take more abuse and last longer. I have 30's on all my heavy drawing curcuits. Cooling fans, each fuel pump is seperate, accusump, and blowers. I took them off, too much load for my charging system. Need to up it to 100 amps from 70. Have you fill the new room yet? Any day now and the fun begins. Only Kidding. Best to the both of you. Rick L.

Last edited by RICK LAKE; 10-05-2008 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: too early in the morning
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I could not locate a direct replacement for the original Hella relay, so I opted for the Echlin AR 274 replacement from NAPA. It was $18, more than double what the Superformance dealers list for the Hella relay. Installed it Saturday, works with no problems. Thanks to all for the info.

Rick - the baby came three weeks ago. I talked the wife into letting me take the Cobra out to "test" the new relay Saturday night. It was the first time I had it out since the baby came. There is no better therapy to counter a screaming baby and dirty diapers than a spin in the Cobra

It took me two hours to make sure the relay was working properly
Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hi there Archrms

was looking at your car in your gallery, and noticed that your car has the round tail lights.... did you special order that ? i dont think i recall seeing an spf with round tail lights.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maxum,

The round tail lights are a "special" order, as the rectangular lights are standard. It is a standard option that they don't seem to advertise, and was substituted at no charge.