Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobras View Post
could you give som more detail on the bracket you say to loosen to twist the turn signal arm to the left side. so i do not need to remove the steering wheel for this mod?
Here is a shot of my turn signal with the assembly that goes around the steering column. My steering wheel has a quick release hub on it, but just ignore that and envision that the steering wheel is still on it. You loosen the screws that hold the turn signal assembly and then rotate it around to the other side. You do not need to pull it off and then put it back on again. Now remember, your car is different than mine, but I'm betting that I'm right.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think you may also have to loosen the turn signal cancelling cam screw.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I think you may also have to loosen the turn signal cancelling cam screw.
does anyone know if this is true, i dont want to break anything in trying to do this
Old 10-31-2008, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You can move the turn signal switch around as shown, but beware of a few things. First the wires to the switch are zip-tied tight against the steering column under the dash. You will need to cut a few of these ties loose in order to move the switch.
Second, you will have to spin the turn signal cancel cam also or it will not cancel correctly.
Therefore you might start this by removing the steering wheel and hub assembly. Looking at the cancel cam position and turn it 180* along with the switch.
I do have detailed instruction on this Email me and I'll see that you get them.
Mike E
Dynamic Motorsports
mike@dynamicmotorsports.net
Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

FWIW, my turn-signals self-cancel about 20% of the time -- I'm generally surprised when they do. I kind of think of it as an extension of the Smiths gauges that require thumping in order to work properly.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On the temperature gauge issue I remeber reading on SCOF it is very important how you run the the "wire" between the sending unit and guage. I do not think it is a wire but I know it is wrapped in a spring type enclosue. You need to log onto scoff and read, it may not be your guage or sending unit. In fact I bet it is not.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
On the temperature gauge issue I remeber reading on SCOF it is very important how you run the the "wire" between the sending unit and guage. I do not think it is a wire but I know it is wrapped in a spring type enclosue. You need to log onto scoff and read, it may not be your guage or sending unit. In fact I bet it is not.
Hi madmaxx thanks for posting, i have signed up to scof but have to wait till they aprove me i guess, i also joined the other sitr...dont remember the name off the top of my head now, but also have to wait till they aprove me, so not sure how long that will be. any chance any of you can post a link to that.

i will try logging in and seeing if it lets me in

thanks for help though
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think what madmaxx is trying to point out is, care must be taken when you run the capillary tube (wire). This is actually a tiny tube filled with ether. The expansion of the ether through the tube is what causes the gauge needle to move. Sharp bends, twisting or the accidental contact with an electrical source can cause the small copper tube to fracture and leak out the ether.
Mike E
Dynamic Motorsports
Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

cobras

you have a pm
Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

madmaxx i dont see no pm
Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just emailed but you should also have on in your club cobra email.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I just emailed but you should also have on in your club cobra email.
got it mad max.

thanks so much for all your help, not just anyone would help me out like that.

take care
Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEvang View Post
You can move the turn signal switch around as shown, but beware of a few things. First the wires to the switch are zip-tied tight against the steering column under the dash. You will need to cut a few of these ties loose in order to move the switch.
Second, you will have to spin the turn signal cancel cam also or it will not cancel correctly.
Therefore you might start this by removing the steering wheel and hub assembly. Looking at the cancel cam position and turn it 180* along with the switch.
I do have detailed instruction on this Email me and I'll see that you get them.
Mike E
Dynamic Motorsports
mike@dynamicmotorsports.net
and thank you Mike, for taking the time to help me out and sending me that info, even tho the car was not sold through your dealership, you still helped me out, i can imagine how great the customer service is you offer to your customers.

thanks again Mike