Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MIII, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Intouch, fair enough arguement. I think what would help is comparing the Superformance to a Factory Five, both are close in concept, but in an apples to apples comparision would make the "quality" of your car be more visible. In comparing to a modern car (Lotus or Porsche), you will almost always be left disappointed because it's a different era, concept and design your trying to compare. Add that too stubborn German perfectionists and you really don't see what you bought is one of the best replica's out there (next to ERA and Kirkham). The best comparisions are ones which let the person establish a fair baseline, I can spend a million dollars on a classic fully restored Ferrari, and it will never approach an F430 in the terms of fit and finish, and lets not even discuss performance. You can try and hang new suspension parts and such to the classic, but it still is a classic design. The Superformance tries and builds some modern updates into the car (love the 12v plug for the radar/IPOD accessiories), but it keeps some of the "feel" of the original so it can take you back to that period. I kinda look at the funny vibrations, loud pipes, poor brakes, half-ass attempt to design a top for foul weather as a way to remind us of what was.

And I agree about the Kirkham, I also could have justified the expense...just not the time, sweat and tears it would take to fix a "dent" in an aluminum vs the ease of touching up a chip in a SPF. Guess I'm getting lazy.
Later.

Last edited by SPF2245; 11-05-2008 at 05:30 AM..
Old 11-05-2008, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Intouch, don't fret over the one piece fiberglass body. Any decent body man with fiberglass experience can fix any damage major or minor. A great one can do it and you would never be able to tell there was any damage. Check out some of the Cobra repairs on this web site: http://www.stoinoff.com/cobra_s
Testimony about the white Cobra, after this repair, the work was done so well you couldn't even see any sign of the repair from under the fender well.
Just remember if you were to ever damage it, pick up all of the pieces! Most repair can be made if all the pieces are available.
Mike E
Dynamic Motorsports
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF2245 View Post
... what you bought is one of the best replica's out there (next to ERA and Kirkham).
Intouch, I don't want to open the "aluminum v. glass" debate, nor do I want to throw a cheap shot at SPF, but did you not consider ERA? Or was the wait time prohibitive?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intouch View Post
nevertheless, i am happy with what i got.
Nail hit! That's what is important!

In an ideal world, you could have planned a U.S. trip to a large national Cobra event like the London, Ohio show. Then you can see every flavor under the sun and make the optimal choice.

Like everyone else has said, these cars take a little sorting out. Once you get more accustomed to the set-up, you'll find yourself driving it harder and having more fun.

Good luck!

-Dean

P.S. A Cobra in Egypt has to be an awesome sight. I travel abroad quite regularly (India, Philippines) and I always wonder what a spectacle it would create to drive one of our cars in those places.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2726 MkIII Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
Nail hit! That's what is important!

In an ideal world, you could have planned a U.S. trip to a large national Cobra event like the London, Ohio show. Then you can see every flavor under the sun and make the optimal choice.

Like everyone else has said, these cars take a little sorting out. Once you get more accustomed to the set-up, you'll find yourself driving it harder and having more fun.

Good luck!

-Dean

P.S. A Cobra in Egypt has to be an awesome sight. I travel abroad quite regularly (India, Philippines) and I always wonder what a spectacle it would create to drive one of our cars in those places.

same here, only now i DO know what a spectactle it creates......when i drive my porsche's people ask questions as to what mnake it is......
the 2 days with the SPF they just gaze at the car and forget to open their mouth and ask...
Old 11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Intouch,
Maybe lacking performance from the Roush motor?
When I worked in Egypt several years ago in the oilfields, benzine (gasoline) was pretty crappy quality. Most of the newer cars/trucks we imported would hardly run.
Is this still the case?

Mark
Old 11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R and CSX 6029
Not Ranked     

Intouch,

When I first got my Roush engine it ran OK but I did not think it was quite as strong as I expected it to be. Upon inspection, there was a loose connection in the fuel line next to the carb and there was a leak. After tightening that up, it ran like a beast.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium SPF, 521 CID Gessford.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
i guess i was expecting more of a lotus exige kind of feel. a tighter more composed car.....

Umm, no. It's more of a 1965 rattletrap muscle type car, just like the original. If you want to see how raw it is, try driving it in a rainstorm with the top on and windows in.... yikes.

But that's it charm. It's not tight or composed. It doesn't stop that good. It understeers then oversteers. It has flimsy gear and latches and switches, etc.

Think of it as a 1965 car, with 1965 technology and design, and that's what you've got.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2726 MkIII Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Intouch,
Maybe lacking performance from the Roush motor?
When I worked in Egypt several years ago in the oilfields, benzine (gasoline) was pretty crappy quality. Most of the newer cars/trucks we imported would hardly run.
Is this still the case?

Mark
Goober,

the fuel situation has improved. we now have unleaded 95 RON available. we actually sent a sample to germany and had it analyzed. result was 97 octane.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Pictures Please.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Goober,

the fuel situation has improved. we now have unleaded 95 RON available. we actually sent a sample to germany and had it analyzed. result was 97 octane.
very nice on the fuel. We only have 91 octane at most stations around here. A few specialty locations have 100 octane unleaded from the pump. I was running the 100 octane unleaded most the time in my 427R with occasional mix down to about 97 octane. That seemed to be about right.