Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2002, 06:51 AM
Ed Digges
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #328 w/ 390FE
Not Ranked     
Default Windshield Wiper Placement

I need info from anybody who is using the single wiper in the middle of your windshield. This seems to be the way to go. I like how it is more aerodynamic (the Cobra needs all the help it can get). Any location or installation tips would be greatly appreciated.

Catch ya later
Ed
Old 05-09-2002, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
Not Ranked     

well- it would seem to me that using a single wiper would not help the aerodynamics all that much- and then when you really needed it you wouldnt get a large swept area and hence if it ever rained - youd be better off with no wipers if you are looking for aerodynamics- because of the height of Cobra windshields the single wiper arm will not be long enough to clear the water from the drivers field of view- BUT its your car do what you like
RIP- E0 #2253
lo que escribo - es solo mi opinion
si te gusta bien - si no, lo siento
Old 05-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The air at the bottom of the windshield is basically dead. You could probably light a cigarette at speed in the center of it...

"Don't try this at home."

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 05-09-2002, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

If you plan on driving the car in the rain, and/or getting the car inspected, you really do need two wipers. The wiper blades are only 10" long and barely do the job using the pair of them.

If neither of these apply, omit the wipers alltogether. You're not accomplishing anything with one wiper blade, even if you put it on the drivers side. And less if you put it in the middle.
Old 05-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Ed Digges
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #328 w/ 390FE
Not Ranked     

I gotta have the one wiper blade. I wonder if I use the double edge blade the motor would be ok and maybe could reach farthur accross the drivers & passengers side.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default re wipers

Well here we go again with Calif. being the worst state in the country to go by. But so far as windshield wipers go I am the only one to have working ones on my Cobra and I don't drive it in the rain. The last three that have gone through safety inspection didn't even have wipers on them and I asked about it and was told all we check is the lights and brakes. Two of the last three didn't even put the holes in the body for wiper bezels to sit on and one of them just put phony ones there. I guess since SB-100 went into effect in January the state has given up on trying to stop any registration of a kit or custom made vehicle. Then one of the street rodders said he had to show them his wipers worked and this was at the very same inspection place as we only have one guy up here that does it.

Ron61
Old 05-10-2002, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Rainx!!
Old 06-02-2002, 11:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

You are worried about aerodynamics??? They don't call these cars flying bricks for nothing.. My wipers are non operational and are designed to fly off at 125.. I figure between the wipers flying off and the wiper motor not having been installed I have my HP to weight ratio down to 5.75.. WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE.........

Regards..

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)