Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1015
Not Ranked     
Default 2014 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet Update

And now for the news everyone has been waiting on…

Registration is now open for the 2014 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meeting. Our website is the same as in the past www.texascobrameet.com . The website is full functional and registration is up and running.

There is a full agenda of activities and things to do and see. Most planned activities will be Friday and Saturday.

All attendees must register online. Payment can be made online or onsite. However, online payment is greatly appreciated. In addition if you are planning on attending the annual banquet on Saturday evening you must register online and select the type and quantity of meals you want. I will need to close out the banquet order on Monday, March 24th. No exceptions.

On Saturday we have been invited back to Hershal Byrd’s Crooked Oak Ranch for a BBQ and Picnic. There is an added twist this year. On the ride out and back there will be scavenger hunt. Tickets for the scavenger hunt can be bought online or on site. The folks completing the hunt will be eligible for the Grand Prize… The First Annual Crooked Oak Gum Ball Rally Trophy. More details will be posted on the website.

This year the Texas Cobra Club is joining forces with Ohio Cobra Club to fight Cystic Fibrosis. All funds and donations will be forwarded to the Ohio Cobra Club to present to the CFF at their London Cobra Show in June.

Let the fun begin.

Ken Walker
mjl likes this.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Ken,

Just tried to book my room for the 27-30th and they said only Friday and Saturday for the 139.00 a night. Said all the 139 rates for Thursday are already booked.

Gregg

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

Same here....

Dennis
Also a Former TCC President :-)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Amazing......Right after I saw Ken's post on Facebook this am which I think was around 9am, I tried the hotel link online registration and it was not working so I called the 512 direct line to the hotel not the 800 number. I got Thurs-Sat at the $139.00 rate. I heard the Superformance (SCOF) Group was maybe coming to our event so wonder if a lot more folks jumped early for rooms. This hotel never seems to be able to handle us. Maybe it is time to move again next year......That should start something!

Last edited by gsharapa; 12-30-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Ken:
All signed up, her Highness, past Cobra Queen Diane and I your ever faithful x-Prez will be there. Now, I got to get back out in the shop and get the damn thing running.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Registration is in. Luckily I only live 20 minutes away. So I didn't use a room. See y'all in March.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Online Registration Issues

It has come to my attention that some of you may be having issues registering online for the event. It appears that Constant Contact, the meeting registration vendor, is having issues with Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer versions older than IE 7. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Mozilla have not shown to have the compatibility issues. Sorry for the confusion and headaches this may have cause.

Ken Walker
Old 01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar LS427 , 427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

I called them directly last week and was able to book a room, but not at the club rate for any night. Is there any chance the club-rate block will be increased?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Texas Cobra Club 2014 Spring Meet Update Jan 26

Hey Everyone,

I want to give y'all an update on the Texas Cobra Club 2014 Spring Meet. As of January 25th, we have over 80 Cobras registered and over 150 drivers and guest attending. This year’s event is building up to be one of the biggest events we have ever held. We have attendees registered from over 20 different states, Canada, and Mexico.

I have updated the website’s agenda and added a couple of new things. Here are the highlights:

• This year, in conjunction with the Ohio Cobra Club, we will be making donations to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The local CFF chapter is donating items for our raffle and will be assisting in the cooking at a Friday Tailgate Party.

• Jackie with Finishline has graciously volunteered to supply the food for the Tailgate Party so that all donations can go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She will also be donating items for the raffle.

• We will be hosting a Track Day Event at Harris Hill Raceway on Friday, March 28th. Cost to participate is $150.00. The event is limited to the first 30 registrants. This way everyone will get ample track time. Separate registration is on the Meet’s website at Texas Cobra Meet

• On Saturday, we will be hosting the first ever “Crooked Oak Gumball Rally.” This event will be a scavenger hunt to and from Hershal Byrd’s The Crooked Oak Ranch. It is about a 70 mile drive (each way) to Fredericksburg, TX through the Texas Hill Country. All participants that complete the scavenger hunt are eligible for the drawing of the grand prize.

• This year the Superformance Owner’s group is joining us as one of their yearly get-togethers.

• The Ohio Cobra Club will be on-site with the Raffle Car that will be given away at the London Cobra Show in June.

The website is Texas Cobra Meet for more information and to register for the event. Hope to y’all in San Marcos in March.

Ken Walker
Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I have been trying to get a room at the club rate for several weeks to no avail. So, what is the closest second choice hotel in the San Marcos area.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Country Inn & Suites.
Hotel Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Marcos, TX, San Marcos, United States of America - Lowest Rate Guaranteed! inn %26 suites san marcos tx&asrc=Search&ast=&gclid=CJCIktLjpLwCFRNp7AodHmIA VA
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default TCC Spring Registration numbers

As of Sunday, February 02 at 2:30pm (cst) we have 94 cars with 172 drivers and guests registered. Thank you so much registering this early. It really helps us with planning and promotion of the event.

Ken Walker
Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Any of you from east of the Mississippi actually "driving" your cars out to and back from this event?

Bob Jones
Raleigh, NC

Last edited by Bob Jones; 02-05-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,
Contact Ken Walker I bet he can give you contact numbers for folks out your way. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a call.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try.

Bob
Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Texas Spring Meet T-Shirt Orders

Please contact Debra Grabowski at dkgpromo@yahoo.com to order your 2014 TCC Spring Meet Shirts. Orders must be placed by Tuesday, February 25, 2014. The shirt are $20.00 for the Short Sleeve and $25.00 for the Long Sleeve. (tax included)

All t-shirt orders from Debra are pre-orders. There will not be any additional shirts available at the meet.

Name:  P&P-2014-web-LSImage-Horiz.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  41.7 KB
Name:  P&P-2014-web-SSImage-Horiz.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  42.5 KB

Thanks
KEN
Old 02-12-2014, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Registration Numbers

Number of attendees and guests: 191

Number of cars: 104
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Updated Registration Numbers as Tuesday, Feb. 18:
198 Drivers and Guest
108 Cars

There are few updates on the websites as well. SCOF is sponsoring a Welcoming Party in the parking lot on Thursday Evening. Details of the Gumball Rally are also posted.

KEN
Old 02-19-2014, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

T-Shirt Order Deadline in TUESDAY, FEB 25th. Please get your orders in NOW. No additional shirts will be available at the Meet. http://www.texascobrameet.com/event-tee-shirts-orders/
Old 03-09-2014, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Registration Numbers as of: March 09, 2014 at 2:00pm

Number of attendees and guests: 221

Number of cars: 118