LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1015
Not Ranked     
Default Texas Cobra Club 2014 Spring Meet - A look back

Friends,
It has been one week since we adjourned the 2014 TCC Spring Meet. It was unbelievable!! My best tally shows there over 130 Cobras, Gt-40s, and Daytona on hand. We hosted 189 folks at our Saturday Night Banquet. Not all of the bills having been paid but we came in the black and will be donating the remaining proceeds to our charities, Cystic Fibrosis and Wish of Our Heroes (Harris Hill Track event.)

This year we had only minor car problems including a run-in with a rabbit, lost oil pan plug, radiator leaks, MSD failures, and starter problems, just to mention a few. There were no major injuries aside from those of you falling off bar stools in the hotel.

The list of folks I would like to thank for the success of the event is lengthy and I truly apologize if I accidentally leave your name off the list. It is not intentional.

Steve Klestinec, Laura Klestinec, Skip Snowden, Tom Harrison, Glenn Reilly, Gregg Herdlitchka, Rich Bassimer, Frank Riha, John Campbell, Paula and Hershal Byrd (Crooked Oak Ranch) , Kevin O'Grady (Harris Track Event), the Cystic Fibrosis Chapter of Central Texas, George Daulton (OCC), the Ohio Cobra Club, Randall Thomas (Superformance Owners Forum), Gary Osbourne (not really sure why), Debra Grabowski (t-shirts), Jackie Riobi (Finishline), Jesse Ramirez (Tito's Vodka), James and Terri Walker (Margaritas), and the fine staff of the Embassy Suites Hotel.

I hope that I did not miss anyone but if I did, I imagine that someone will point it out to me soon enough.

The Austin Group has hosted this event for 15 years. It has grown to not only a national event but into an international one. We are so proud of this event and what it has come to represent.

We are preparing an article for Kit Car Builder. If you have photos, videos, or commentary you would like to have included in the KCB feature, please forward the photos, videos, and/or links to them to me in the next week.

Details about next years event will be out in the next couple of weeks, including hotel information and registration.

Remember "It is not about the cars.... it is about the people"

Thank you,
Ken Walker
Old 04-06-2014, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

This years event was the biggest and the best. I had a great time and the Saturday cruise to Crooked Oak was a fun route. Paula and Hersh had a great feast as usual. The improvements he has mad are remarkable. I love the picture we took in front of his fuel pumps. Now to plan for next year.[IMG]
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes