Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     
Default Texas Shelby 350

Hot off the press. Details to come later. For those of you who can't make the Tulsa trip:

Oklahoma’s Mid America Team Shelby will host a new event, “Texas Shelby 350” October 6-9, 2010 with open track days at Motorsport Ranch Cresson, October 7 & 8. The event, much like Mid America @ Hallett (but more relaxed) with three run groups (Gp1, 2 & 3), no exhibition vintage or late model race groups….this first year.

Although this event has not been made public (yet)…..they have secured the facility.

For immediate information, please email david@midamericafordmeet.com. Or just wait and I'll broadcast information as I get it.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Woot!

Gawd, good things come in threes We have MVP Eagles Canyon Sep 18-19, Run N Gun Sep 22-25, and MidAm MSR Oct 7-8. I may have to buy another race car and hire a crew Wait a minute .. didn't you do that? I think I gotta t-shirt

Sam
Old 01-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

I think my tires just shrieked. This is gonna be a tough year on those boys...
Much to my delight!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

I think I'll wait to get the Coupe repainted with this kind of action on the horizon.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 408 525HP/490TQ, Mass Flow EFI
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby 350

... And here I sit, thinking that you were refering to the new 2011 Shelby 350GT.. I thought you would offer up more scoop on the car, especially when the 5.0L4V engine was previously discussed. $$$ anyone? the car is rumored to be in the mid $60's.

See you Saturday.
Francis
Old 02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #491, Red with Black Stripes, 438 Windsor by Keith Craft Racing dynoed at 640hp, Street and Race Prepped.
Not Ranked     

This may be a great opportunity to have some additional track time. I hope to put this one on my schedule! Hope to see you guys there or sooner at a track near you... LOL...

Bests, James
281-804-5730
Watch out! You may get BIT!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up It's official!

OK folks, here it is officially. Let's get a good size contention of Cobra's to show. Miles, do you think the G-Friend will be all moved by then???

Official website:
http://texasshelby350.com/
Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

From the Official website:
"Shelby Enthusiasts driving any car built by Shelby American, designed by Carroll Shelby, or Ford Powered that is recognized by Team Shelby are welcome."
I wonder if FFR, BDR, JBL, Classic, Lone Star, RCR, ERA, etc. are "recognized" by Team Shelby?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

I figured it out......... / Du.....what is the difference in package #1 & package #2 other than the price?

I will play on both ends, do you think you have to register twice for two cars?

Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”

Last edited by Bwana Snake; 05-06-2010 at 04:51 PM..
Old 05-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LREYBURN View Post
From the Official website:
"Shelby Enthusiasts driving any car built by Shelby American, designed by Carroll Shelby, or Ford Powered that is recognized by Team Shelby are welcome."
I wonder if FFR, BDR, JBL, Classic, Lone Star, RCR, ERA, etc. are "recognized" by Team Shelby?
Well, yeah .. being sued by Carroll is being recognized, dummy

Sam
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

I'm in. I dont expect them to recognize a JBL (no one else does) just so long as they let me on the track for a bit
Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Yep, Steve, she might be moved by then. Hell, I might be moved by then!
But sounds fun and I've never run at Cresson, so I'm in. Local event so Leslie's boys can come watch us race, er, I mean, run.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

I think the "Key" is being Ford powered!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

I’m a definite and will probably have Brad come up from Austin so we can take both cars.

Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Update

Far out, man!
The event is now opened up to any "American Muscle" car:
__________________________________________________ _______________

All….this is a new event in Texas…..NOW open to any “American Muscle” car…….below is the website for more info…..contact David at (405) 946-3382 for registration info!!

Also they have until Sept 7th to fill up our block of rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury. The phone # is 817-579-35800 and mention they are coming to the Texas 350.
The room rates are $99 a night facing the parking lot and $109 facing the lake.

Web site:
www.texasshelby350.com
__________________________________________________ ____________

CVAR (Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing) will provide three instructors for you novice and intermediate folks. Just beware, I'm one of the instructors.

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 09-01-2010 at 07:24 AM..
Old 09-04-2010, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like the original resevations aren't as high as expected as they have opened up to all American Muscle Cars now. Ought to be interesting..

NEWS Release

For Immediate Release

texas shelby 350 to celebrate high performance with national event for american muscle cars

· Three day event includes road rally, track time, drive-in movie, car show and banquet

· Shelby American Test Driver Gary Patterson to speak at dinner

· Limited number of registration and hotel rooms available

DALLAS – Sept. 3, 2010 – American muscle car owners are invited to enjoy a three day high performance weekend during the Texas Shelby 350 on Oct. 7–9, 2010, in North Texas. The event will feature track activities, a drive-in movie, banquet, a car show and road rally in the beautiful Hill Country foothills. Endorsed by Shelby American, the event will also feature factory test driver Gary Patterson as a guest speaker. The public is invited to see the free car show on Saturday, Oct. 9.

“This event was created to give people who love muscle cars a chance to enjoy them in a variety of ways before winter sets in,” explained event co-founder Jim Wicks. “They can participate in as many or as few of the activities as they wish from non-competitive track days to a romp through wonderful Texas back roads. It’s the perfect way to explore the capabilities of a muscle car.”

The Texas Shelby GT350 is expected to attract Ford, GM and Chrysler performance cars from across the US and Canada. Shelby, Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Viper and MOPAR clubs have also expressed interest in being represented at the three day motorsport extravaganza.

The event will be on the shores of Lake Granbury at the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury, Texas; a few rooms are still available at the hotel. The track portion on Thursday and Friday will be at the legendary Motorsport Ranch in nearby Cresson. The group will caravan Friday night to the historic Brazos Drive-in Theater for a current feature film. On Saturday, participants will enjoy a car show and spirited drive in the Texas foothills.

Gary Patterson, Shelby American vice president of operations and Test Drive will speak at the event. An avid enthusiast, Gary has raced everything from tricycles to sports cars. His first car was a 1969 428 CJ Mach 1 Mustang; he still owns it today, as well as a ZR1 Corvette and Shelby Super Snake.

(more)

American Muscle Cars to Rumble at Texas 350 (2/2)

Gary has been deeply involved in Open Road Racing for decades. In addition to driving in the event, he served on the Board of Directors and was Race Director of the Silver State Classic Challenge Open Road Race. Gary helped start the Sandhills Open Road Challenge and co-drove the factory entry Shelby Terlingua Racing Team Mustang at the Big Bend Open Road Race. He served as President of the Las Vegas Mustang Club, Vice President of Competition for the Central Buckeye Corvette Association and was an NCRS judge. At the Mid America Shelby Ford event each year, Gary acts as a driving instructor.

“This event demonstrates the spirit of Shelby American today, where we deliver high performance products for serious enthusiasts,” added Gary Patterson. “Recently, we expanded our services with a new Speed Shop to turn the wick up on all American performance vehicles. The Texas Shelby 350 reflects our philosophy of celebrating American muscle and I look forward to being part of this inaugural event.”

The Texas GT350 is open to any American made or powered performance vehicle built from 1962 through the 2011 model year. The Texas 350 is expected to attract cars from across the country such as the Shelby Cobra, GT350, GT500, Super Snake, Corvette, Ford GT, Mustang, Torino, Camaro, Chevelle, Viper, Cougar, Challenger, Pantera, Firebird, ‘Cuda and Tiger.

Those interested in one of the exclusive opportunities to participate should contact David Apgar at david@musclecarevent.com or (405) 946-3382 before registration closes on October 1st. Car clubs are also welcome to contact him to arrange an official presence at the event.

About Muscle Car Events

Muscle Car Events was founded to create dynamic automotive events. The company has helped produce the Mid America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals, the Terlingua Reunion and the Shelby Vegas Bash over the past 30 years. Based in the Midwest, the diehard performance enthusiasts have collected, raced and restored American muscle cars since 1972. Additional information is available at www.texasshelby350.com .

###
Old 09-09-2010, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The weekend looks even better now. They've added a few more events and opened up to any American made muscle car. Should be a good time. Review the website again. Has an informative video. www.texasshelby350.com

Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know if you can just attend the car show on Saturday as a spectator?

My dad is going to be in town for the weekend and it would be fun to take him down there along with my son for the morning to see all of the vintage cars.

The web site didn't spell it out on how much (if any) cost there was for just attending as a spectator.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think the Shelby Site said a $5.00 spectator fee just to watch the races but I would think the car show would be free.