21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2001, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up New Houston Superformance on the way!

After three years of research (and saving lots of cash), our new Superformance has been ordered. Our Guardsman blue and Wimbledon white striped Cobra should be ready by early December. My wife and I found it quite helpful in spending the weekend with Doug Reed (and Snakecharmer) as we spent half of Saturday at a local road course (we were passengers) followed by some street test drives. By the way, Snakecharmer's red/black combo looks very nice, but it's his car, so get the details from him.
As I plan on installing my own engine and transmission (393 stroker with a Tremec TKO-II), I'll probably have a few questions for the group. Feel free to offer any "do's" or "don'ts" as I'll consider any and all advice.
Brandy and I plan on attending various Cobra events/meetings in Texas. We also look foward to meeting the Houston members and we are in Austin on a frequent basis as well.
Let the fun begin!
Scott
Old 08-20-2001, 04:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Welcome to our Club!!

Scott,
Welcome to one of the most fun & friendly bunch of Cobra nuts you are ever going to see. If you haven't alread done it, get in touch with my friend-Dennis Mosley- who is the Warden of the Houston crowd. Also, you WANT to have your car ready for our Big event in Austin at the end of February- you won't believe it. Also, welcome to the Superformance family!
I'm glad you took your wife with you to The Big Easy, because it really makes things easier when you are both hooked.
Glad to have you with us!!
John Russell
SPF#586

Last edited by jrussell; 08-20-2001 at 04:20 AM..
Old 08-20-2001, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the Club!!!! Another Superformance...hummmmmm I better find some more E-M guys before we get out numbered.

Send your Name, Address and phone number to Cobraden@houstoncobraclub.org and I will get you on the mail list for our monthly get togethers and such.

It's a great way to meet the cobra nuts in the area and help is always just an email or phone call away.

John was right about having your car ready for Feb. It's a blast.

John, I'm not the warden. I'm just the inmate that stole the keys
Old 08-20-2001, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the welcome John and Dennis. As far as having the car ready for the Austin meet, let's just say it won't be an issue. I'll have the stroker and the tremec ready for install several weeks before my early December delivery. I should hope in 8-10 hours after arrival, the car will be ready to fire up!
When the date for the February meet is decided upon, please let us know. The only thing we have planned is a short 5 day trip to Colorado for a little ski action from Feb 14th 'til Feb 20.
We look forward to meeting everyone.
Scott
Old 08-21-2001, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Scott and Brandy(i),
It was a pleasure meeting you last weekend and spinning a few tires with you! BTW, I want a rematch!! (the 3rd gear - first one to the bridge thing...remember?)

Your car is going to be awesome. I can't believe that it's the only Guardsman/Wimbledon combo in the Superformance registry. Too cool!!

I'm also down in Houston a lot so I'll let you know when I'm coming.

Hey Dennis, set a date for the Houston rally in September?!

Charmer
Old 08-21-2001, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Charmer,

Do you have your car already??? Ready to take it to Corpus?

The Houston Meet will be on the 8th of September. I know it's not the first Saturday of the month but I figure there will be a lot of people with family plans for Labor day.

Don't be suprised to see a couple Houston guys sneek up on one of your Austin meets in the next couple of months.
Old 08-22-2001, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Charmer - So we're setting up rematches before we even have our cars? Let the games begin! Glad we got to meet in New Orleans and be sure to let us know when you're in town.
As for the Sept. 8th Houston meet, we should be able to make it. I'll look for details.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Dennis, I'm driving out to get the car next weekend! And yes, I'll be ready for Corpus for sure.

Hey Paul, we gonna get some track time again? I'll make sure to have my slicks and helmet by then

Charmer
Old 09-05-2001, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Scott,

Congratulations on your recent decision to buy a Superformance from Doug Reed. I purchased my SPF Cobra from Doug about a year and a half ago. As I am sure you know, Doug is great to work with and the cars are awesome.

I have a Guardsman Blue/White stripes and a 427 side-oiler.

I noticed you live in Sugar Land, TX. I also live in Sugar Land out in Greatwood.

Let me know when your car comes in so we can get together for a cruise.

Mike
Old 09-06-2001, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike - We live in Sugar Creek, so we're not far from Greatwood at all. Nice to hear there's another Superformance so close. Brandy and I would love to see your car. Perhaps you'll be joining us for this Saturday's Houston club meet? This will be our (Brandy and I) first Houston meet, but if it's anything like an Austin meet, a fun time will be had by all. If not, we'll get together when our car arrives.
Scott
Old 09-07-2001, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Houston Cobra Meeting

Scott

As of right now, I am planning on attending the meeting this Saturday. I look forward to meeting you and Brandy.

Mike
Old 09-07-2001, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

I plan on heading to the meeting around 10 in the morning. How about heading up there together?

Give me a call, 713-851-9872 that's my cell number. I think I might head over to the Budweiser Car Show after the meet.