LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Smile Hi from Downunder - Australia

Hi all

I just thought I would jump on here to say Hi to you all there in Texas.

It has been a while since Run N Gun, Mid America and the visits to Texas, so I thought I should just Post and say Hi from Downunder - here.

Our family missed all the destruction and everything else that Mother Nature has thrown our way with fires, hurricanes and recent floods.

We were a little close at one of the restaurants with water at the front door but apart from a few lost sales of fries and burgers etc. we were untouched.

I have not heard that any of our Australian Cobra of GT40 mates were affected or suffered severe loss, really lucky when you see some the the devastation in Queensland and Victoria.

I recently attended a Street Rod meeting and heard the sad story of one of our car friends there who lost his partner and three children in the fires in Victoria. They were trapped in the house and could not get out due to smoke, heat and severe fire activity. He lost his family, his home and his cars - cars and houses can be replaced. It was hard to hear his story.

We really have been lucky and blessed.

After looking at photos of my many the trips to the States and events there, I really miss being over there watching the competition not to mention the fact that your hospitality was above and beyond. I think of you all and often watch your 'Threads' and 'Posts' about activities there.

My trip last year was with Anne which was great and we made it down to Florida from California. After a few days there we headed to NY and then over to France. She hammered the credit card there in the shops.

A great trip with little car activity. Although Steve (MULV from AZ.) and I did get together for a day or two in Palm Springs and hit the car strip there whilst the girls shopped.

Anne and I had previously spent a few days checking out all the Palm Springs modern houses as we have restored/rebuilt one in Australia - a few photos of it in my gallery.

I sold my Cobra and am currently rebuilding a GT40. A neat little 65 Mustang is in the garage also that I use often - just drove to the Shelby Nationals in it. Check out the Australian site for the Shelby Nationals coverage.

Anyway just a few words from Down Under to let ou all know we are thinking of you all and enjoying reading your runs, events and competition.

Texas is on my travel list again, so I hope to catch up with a few of you very soon.

Importantly, stay safe and well.

KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 04-01-2011 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Added photos
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default G'Day Bernie!

So glad to hear the you are safe from all the floods. It sounds like you are getting out and about, so we'll be here when you have TX on your itinerary again. I was trying to remember when I met you and I believe it was Tulsa in June of 08 when you and Hersh drove up in the GT40. I have photos of that day.

So drop in anytime .. remember, Tulsa (Mid America Ford Meet) is June 15th - 19th

Sam
Old 04-01-2011, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Bernie,
If you head to central Texas, let us know. We can host a dinner for y'all and I'll try to round up Hershal and get him to come to town.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SSSammy

Yes I was with Hershal in the Gt40. Hersh and I have traveled a bit in that GT40 of his.

Hersh was over in Australia a few years back and it was a real pleasure to show him some hospitality in return - not to mention some great helicopter adventures. I will see if I can find his film/footage of the flights..
Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Seagull81

Thanks will catch up for sure.

Hershal is currently in Fredericksburg. I spent sometime with him up there in the earlier days when he was constructing his home. Not to mention a great country day at Luckenback.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gidday from Texas
You can always come to McAllen and share a beer with me and my aussie son also if you ever come back to Texas.
Bruce
Old 04-01-2011, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

(edited for multiple posts--stupid Blackberry!)

Last edited by snakeeyes; 04-01-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Bernie, glad to hear all is well with you in Oz. You've had a rough 12 months there. Australia is #1 on the List of Places to See for me and my family. My girls can tell you as much about Aussie fauna as they can about the animals in Texas. I'll be calling if we ever get there...that '40 looks beautiful. Does the fuel in the carb bowls swirl clockwise or anticlockwise? :-)

If you make it back to the Texas Hill Country (Boerne area) please don't hesitate to contact me. Maybe we could make pie floaters and compare the merits of Redbacks versus American arachnids whilst having a stubbie or three on the back porch. :-)

Regards,
Bob

Last edited by snakeeyes; 04-01-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

(double-post)

Last edited by snakeeyes; 04-01-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

macloft

Bruce,

Will let you know when I head over. I followed your move and saw that you were in Texas. All going well?.

There's not a lot to miss here at the moment with all the wind and rain..

Bernie
Old 04-02-2011, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

snakeeyes

Will try and catch up when next over.

Hershal is just up on R87 at Fredericksburg about 50 mile further up from you. I think we were in Boerne on the way down to San Antonio..

He has a GT40 and Cobra up there.

Bernie
Old 04-03-2011, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Bernie
Good to hear from you. It'll be good to see you here in Texas again.

www.MustSellRightNow.com
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve

Would be fantastic to catch up with guys all again. Will let you know when I head over again.

Bernie
Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea, great.
Looking forward to it. Just let us know.

www.MustSellRightNow.com
Old 04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

Shows how much I've ben keeping up with my CC pmates. Last I knew Hersch was in Arizona.

Fredericksburg has a fantastic WWII museum, dedicated to Admiral Chester Nimitz, a citizen of the town. Please let us know if you'll be around and we'll do our best to provide some Texas hospitality.

Bob