Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Smile Hi from Downunder - Australia

Hi all

I just thought I would jump on here to say Hi to you all there in Texas.

It has been a while since Run N Gun, Mid America and the visits to Texas, so I thought I should just Post and say Hi from Downunder - here.

Our family missed all the destruction and everything else that Mother Nature has thrown our way with fires, hurricanes and recent floods.

We were a little close at one of the restaurants with water at the front door but apart from a few lost sales of fries and burgers etc. we were untouched.

I have not heard that any of our Australian Cobra of GT40 mates were affected or suffered severe loss, really lucky when you see some the the devastation in Queensland and Victoria.

I recently attended a Street Rod meeting and heard the sad story of one of our car friends there who lost his partner and three children in the fires in Victoria. They were trapped in the house and could not get out due to smoke, heat and severe fire activity. He lost his family, his home and his cars - cars and houses can be replaced. It was hard to hear his story.

We really have been lucky and blessed.

After looking at photos of my many the trips to the States and events there, I really miss being over there watching the competition not to mention the fact that your hospitality was above and beyond. I think of you all and often watch your 'Threads' and 'Posts' about activities there.

My trip last year was with Anne which was great and we made it down to Florida from California. After a few days there we headed to NY and then over to France. She hammered the credit card there in the shops.

A great trip with little car activity. Although Steve (MULV from AZ.) and I did get together for a day or two in Palm Springs and hit the car strip there whilst the girls shopped.

Anne and I had previously spent a few days checking out all the Palm Springs modern houses as we have restored/rebuilt one in Australia - a few photos of it in my gallery.

I sold my Cobra and am currently rebuilding a GT40. A neat little 65 Mustang is in the garage also that I use often - just drove to the Shelby Nationals in it. Check out the Australian site for the Shelby Nationals coverage.

Anyway just a few words from Down Under to let ou all know we are thinking of you all and enjoying reading your runs, events and competition.

Texas is on my travel list again, so I hope to catch up with a few of you very soon.

Importantly, stay safe and well.

KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 04-01-2011 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Added photos