LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2001, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Thanks Gary,

The trailer worked like a charm! It stormed all the way down to N.O. and all the way back but the trailer drove like a dream.

With the car sitting balanced over the wheels, there is plenty of room for extra tires and some storage near the front. That's my next project.

Hey, how do you get the dome lights to come on? I had the trailer hooked up and the truck running but I couldn't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Charmer
Old 09-25-2001, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOWWWWWWWW! Its is as awesome as I expected it to be. Congrats Stretch! Look forward to seeing you this month as the October meet. I am still deciding on where to have it.

Barry
Old 09-25-2001, 04:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Way to go Stretch.....Awesome car!!!!!!!!

Stretch,
It looks even better than I thought it would, and that says a LOT!! I am glad you have gotten some miles on it now and just wait until you get that baby on the track at Motorsport Ranch. All you really need is a helmet & you will be good to go. I'll save you a spot in group 3 to show you the lines around the track and you are not going to believe just how much fun you are going to have. I really can't wait to see the car and the HUGE grin on the drivers face, and my fellow SCAT members are itchin' to meet you & get a look at that car.
I told you it would be worth the wait old friend! I'll see you in 10 or 11 days, & I plan on claiming that ride!
John R.
Old 09-25-2001, 04:32 PM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy !!

Absolutely wonderful job!!!

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 09-25-2001, 04:48 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to keithw
Not Ranked     

Stretch,

Love the look, red with black strips and side pipes looks really cool. Can't wait to hear it. With that cam, it's gotta sound awsome. Congrats!!!! Gonna make my little 428 sound like a Moped.

Keith
Old 09-26-2001, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey stretch
WOW!!!!!!! beautiful car! kinda matches your hair color. i'm anxious to see it. don't know if i'll be in your neck of the woods soon, other than to deliver the next cobra i'm working on. hope you can make the trip to corpus in november. it looks great. be careful and have fun. look forward to seeing you and your new toy.
paul
Old 09-26-2001, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Stretch; Anytime you want to cruise around in the evenings, come on down! We need to break in that motor.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Multiply resurrected Superformance #584 (silver), 351W : 437 lb-ft, 445 HP
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up UM UMMMM Good!

Congratulations on your beautiful and powerful SPF. The engine looks awesome and the color will match all the fire that you will be belching from the exhaust .

I noticed that you got your SPF with round lights instead of the rectangular ones. Is that a special request from you?

Please be careful out there and use all your safety equipment!

All the best, and keep on smilin'

Last edited by Randy Klein; 09-27-2001 at 12:54 PM..
Old 09-26-2001, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stretch - Car looks great. Why did you decide to go the carb route as opposed to the hidden fuel injection?

We pick up our car Dec 15th. Can't wait!
Scott
Old 09-27-2001, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the compliments fellas! Makes a proud papa even prouder!

Randy, I asked for the round lights. In fact it was the first thing I had to decide with SPF because the entire back of the body mold is different for the round lights. I also got some extra switches added - one for the accusump

Hey Scott, TWM is still not finished with their big block injection webers. Should be any day now, I'm hoping. They tell me I'm first in line.

I'm taking off early today to go enjoy this 70 degree weather!

Ed, I'd love to go cruisin. I haven't cruised with another cobra yet. Looking forward to it.

Stretch
Old 09-27-2001, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Stretch, I know you've been waiting a long time. Glad to see all those funds you skimmed from the TCC treasury finally paid off!

Hope you have many happy miles.

Bob
Old 09-27-2001, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Talking

You mean I own a piece of that Cobra!
Old 09-27-2001, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Multiply resurrected Superformance #584 (silver), 351W : 437 lb-ft, 445 HP
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up YESSSSS---and an Accusump too!

Stretch,

RE: "I also got some extra switches added - one for the accusump. "

Great to hear that you chose to put on the Accusump. It has been an engine life-saver for me more than once. I think you will be happy you have one.

FYI, I turn mine on about 1 to 3 minutes before starting the engine, when cold starting, to be certain there is enough time for the oil to reach all the 'nooks and crannies.' I found that there is enough time to do this as I get to my car, even before getting into it. Then it is on as I am attaching my seat belts and putting on gloves, glasses, etc.

Be careful out there amigo!

Old 09-29-2001, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stretch, I knew you would see the light. Welcome to the Doug Reed, SPF extended family. She's beautiful. See you in Feb.
Your Tennessee connection
Richard Price
Old 10-01-2001, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ha ha ha....

I really do feel like you all own a part of this car. It's been a team effort all the way. From the early days of getting the club together to the details of how these cars are built....I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Thanks, see you SCAT folks this weekend!

Charmer
Old 10-02-2001, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stretch,

As you know, I too am thrilled with your choices of everything with YOUR car. I'm always glad to see someone take such an interest in custom building a car to there personality and liking. That will forever be YOUR car, and THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTING BE BE A PART OF FULLFILLING YOUR DREAM.

Drive safe, and tell everyone at the SCAT event I said Hey! I'll be going the "Cruising the Coast" in Biloxi.

Remember.......When everything seems to be coming your way....

YOU MAY BE IN THE WRONG LANE!

Doug
Old 10-03-2001, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Let me just say this, to those of you that don't know it. The above kind words are just a sample of what you get when you deal with Superformance South. Doug and Ronnie Reed, ladies and gentlemen, are the cream of the crop. I feel like I've made friends for life with those two.

Not only do they share your passion and your dream, but they are just as eager to do any and everything you can dream of to make your car uniquely yours.

They spend 60 hours a week at work and then, when they finally get some free time, they take their cars to the track to have some fun. The ultimate Cobra nuts!! You guys are the best. There is no doubt in my mind about who to get my coupe from

Stretch
Old 10-05-2001, 07:18 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Excellent photo

Stretch,

From time to time, I like to scan all the forums for new Cobra photos (for Windows wallpaper). Of all the photos I've seen (and that's a LOT), I think your second photo best captures the true meaning of owning a Cobra. That photo says it all. One of these days I intend to make a similar photo in my driveway (*sigh*...someday). You have something of which you can be and should be very proud. Congratulations are certainly in order. Now, have fun and BE CAREFUL!!

Say, isn't that the Georgia Bulldogs' colors? Just kiddin'.

Keith
Old 10-05-2001, 07:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Snakecharmer,

Where did you get that steering wheel? Did it come like that from the factory? also, the paint with room for the meatball--also factory? Just curious. Looks like a beauty. Enjoy it.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:56 AM
Ed Digges
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #328 w/ 390FE
Not Ranked     

Damn! I hate it when my drool gets under my mouse! Its a real mess to get it to work again!