Dee and Jacque
Joe
Stretch
Gerhardt and Tony
Anil
Richard

What about: Kyle, John, and Renn?

Out are: Greg, Scott, and Barry

Scott will cruise with us to Denny's, he can't make the all day event.

Who am I missing? Any significant others attending? Ray Russell from Hurst will meet us at Lago Vista (Sonic & 1431) with his Lumber Yard SPF and his dad.

Cammer; We'll leave my house at 10:30am, take 71 to620, hook up with Scott at Lakeway entrance, hook up with Anil at Steiner, hook up with Richard at 2222 & 620, then to Denny's. I'll have my two way radios for the lead and trailing Cobras.

Cammer and I will start at 10:30am.
Scott; Meet us at Lakeway entrance on 620 (10:35am).
Anil; Meet us at the Steiner entrance/church on 620 (10:40am).
Richard; Meet us at 2222 & 620 (10:45am).

Anyone else who wants to convoy with the southern Cobras to Denny's can be at my house at 10:15am. We leave at 10:30am! (Call me at home: 288-0446)

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 10-29-2001 at 07:19 PM..
Old 10-27-2001, 05:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Whoah, you Austin boys REALLY know how to show off!!

Ed,
AM I JEALOUS OR WHAT??? Jeez, a cruise over to Marble Falls, with a bunch of Cobras slithering around in the Hill country, beautiful fall weather and a day spent tooling around, 'makin noise & lookin' good!!!!! Dang!
At least my old (no slam intended, we're ALL old)buddy Ray will be there to represent the Dallas crew.
Where are you guys going to have lunch? I drove down to Austin a couple of years ago in the Cobra with John jr for the Texas-Texas Tech football game, & we stopped for lunch in Marble Falls at a restaurant (Italian, I think) that sits on top of the bluff as you come south out of town & up the hill. It overlooks the river & Marble Falls- very scenic view with a wrap-around porch- and a parking lot in back that you can see the cars from.
I WILL drive my Cobra today here, but it will be "Dad duty", dropping the kids off & picking them back up from region Choir tryouts- with a little time spent in the office in between.
You guys have a GREAT time, & I am GREEN with envy!!
Enjoy the day, brothers!
John Russell
SPF#586
Old 10-27-2001, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, what John said. Wish I could be there! I hope you guys have a great time and be safe.

Barry
Old 10-29-2001, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Well, come on you guys, how about the gory details!!

All right, spit it out boys!! Let's have the real story about this cruise, so let's hear all about it!!
John R.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Summary of Cruise

Cammer stopped by my house with Jacque, and we started the convoy at 10:30am. Mike Schriber rode shotgun with me since my wife (Kathy) could not take a long cruise in a Cobra. (Mike built my FFR.)

The morning was sunny and cool. Great weather for a Cobra cruise. We picked up Scott Lougheed with his supercharged Excaliber at the Lakeway entrance shopping center. Suddenly a girl jump out between the parked cars asking us if they could take pictures of our cars. The guy taking pictures had a press badge and a professional camera. We asked him who he worked for, and all I got out of him was that he worked for a news company out of New York. We were late so we all took off to meet Anil at the Steiner Ranch entrance. Neil didn't get his Cobra up and running, so he followed us in his blue Audi. Richard didn't make the next connection (2222 & 620) because he was encountering cluch problems.

We hit traffic at Cedar Park, and connected with Snakecharmer, Gerhardt & Tony, and Joe & Lena at Denny's. We spent a few minutes checking out the new 700HP SPF, then headed out 1431 to Lago Vista to connect with Ray Russell.

Snakecharmer took the lead and took a short cut to 1431. In route we all took a bath. The neighborhood we drove through had their watering systems going. Now all our Cobras were as dirty as Snakecharmer's.

We hit the open road and we were cruising between 60-70 mph. (See photos: Austin Stuff post.) We drove into Lago Vista and connected with Ray and his Lumber Yard SPF at the Sonic Drive-In. Scott finally quit and headed back to Austin. He couldn't do the entire curise because he had to be somewere at 2:00pm.

Heading out of Lago Vista, the four lane 1431 became a two lane road under repair. We all got into fresh gravel and had to slow down until we got to Marbel Falls.

We parked and had a great lunch and the usual Cobra BS.

We took 281 to 71 for Austin and let the Cobras stretch their legs. I took the lead and kept it at 70+MPH all the way home to Austin. Snakecharmer was behind me and decided to pass me. He almost blew me off the road doing at least 90+MPH.

When we got to 620 & 71, the northern Cobras took 620 and the southern Cobras headed to Austin on 71. It was a beautiful day, plenty of sun and wind.

Good food, good company, good weather, what else can a Cobra owner ask for!

Neil has posted additional photos at:
http://www.avn-tech.com/stuff/cobra

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 10-30-2001 at 10:24 AM..
Old 10-30-2001, 03:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Ed, that's what I needed!!

Ed,
Thanks for the update on the day, as I can close my eyes & picture that cruise easily. You guys need to teach Stretch how to use a wash bucket on that bad boy of his, because all he wants do do is drive that thing..........imagine!!
Great post, great story, great day!!
John Russell
SPF#586