Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2001, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Now Insect-free driving from Dallas TX to Lawton OK

If anyone wants to drive from Dallas to Lawton, it is now bug free. What bugs I didn’t take out on the trip down to the TCC meeting at Hartford's Sports Grille, I’m sure I took out on the way back! For some reason, those stupid bugs can’t seem to get out of my way when I’m driving at 80+ MPH.
Drove almost 400 miles today! I used earplugs for the first time. Made a long trip much more bearable. It was a bit weird not hearing the full engine noise though.
I enjoyed meeting everyone today at Hartford’s and seeing Jay’s GT40 build and Dick’s Unique arrival.
That GT40 is truly going to be something the reckon with!
I am somewhat envious of Dick starting his build. The nostalgia of building my Unique got to me. HOWEVER Dick, I can drive my Unique now! Ha!
Trent Dockstetter

Last edited by Okiesnake; 11-04-2001 at 06:27 AM..
Old 11-04-2001, 04:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Trent, you are "THE MAN" toda(yesterday, actually)

Trent,
I was glad to meet you yesterday, and you are definitely " A MAN after my heart". I am really sorry I did'nt have my car yesterday, but a VERY troublesome starter problem (It won't) that just popped up kept it in the garage. As you get to know us a bit better, you will find out I drive my car everywhere ( except to Tulsa for the Nationals- where I "begged" for a ride in the back half of Tom Meadows 36 ft. trailer- raced at Hallet & at the Drag strip- which is the only time my car has been in a trailer), and have over 8,000 miles on my car, which it two years old.
You have GOT to plan on the Austin event coming up in February of 2002 (usually the last weekend), which will be the third annual Texas Cobra Club founding meeting. The first year we had 18 Cobras, last year we had 30 Cobras,& I truly believe this next year we should top the 50 car mark, with members coming from Texas, Louisiana,Oklahoma, Tennessee,Georgia, Washington, Kansas, etc,etc.
You really can't imagine the sensory overload we create with that many Cobras in one place, so it is an "event" NOT to be missed!!
Glad to have you with us!!!!!!!
John Russell
SPF#586
Old 11-04-2001, 06:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Trent,

Glad you made it down....we may have a prayer of you hanging around since your first exposure to us didn't include little p (also known as Tom Meadows )

Hope to see you again next month .

Matt
Old 11-04-2001, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#191 Silver/Blk stripes, Keith Craft 427W 600/585
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

It was great meeting you yesterday. You have a great lookin' car- even though I'm sorta partial to your color combination! You had the most perfect weather for driving that a person could ask for. We hope that you will try and come down every chance you get. Ray
Old 11-04-2001, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Trent - you da man!!

Trent - glad you had a chance to come down and visit the TCC Dallas guys and thanks for coming to my little Unique arrival party. We have exchanged e-mails and faxes for months and glad to put name with a face and beautiful car. Expect to hear from me in the coming weeks as I try to figure out what goes where. I have printed off all the digital pictures of your engine bay so that's a good first step.

Again - thanks for coming down and do try to consider coming to Austin in Feb. - talk about Cobra overload!!!

http://texascobraclub.com
Old 11-05-2001, 11:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #89 Keith Craft Genesis 427 so, stroked to 482, 649 hp. Sabre GT 40 #16 351W stroked to 408, 527hp, TWM stack injection, Fast XFI, G50/50.
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Trent,

Thanks for cleaning up those bugs. due to you efforts I only hit 4 or 5 and I logged about 120 miles on Sat.

It was great meeting you and being able to put a face and a car with the name. I have to admit I thourghly enjoyed seeing nothing but Cobras in my rear view mirror and I am convinced you are responsible for scaring off that viper on the way to Jay's house.

See ya
John
Old 11-05-2001, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, 351W
Not Ranked     

I enjoyed meeting every one. The only time I get to see another Cobra on the road around here is when I drive next to a stainless steel tanker truck.
There were alot of great looking Cobras Saturday. (However I'm partial to the silver and black ones too). With Dick's car, how many silver cars are there in TCC?
Ya, I think you all talked me into Austin. I am also very interested in the track time event.
It was a blast cruising down the road with the other Cobras. Too bad that black ERA was so slow though!

Trent