17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-07-2001, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default fall event nov.10 final call

hey guys
sorry for the delay, but my computer has been down.
for those coming in on friday i will be at my shop by 6 pm. pizza, video of cobras and mustangs racing and just chit chat for those that are interested. let me know if and when you might drop by. let me know if you need a place to secure your cobra overnight.
saturday i will leave from my shop about 8 for bob lacy's. the car show is from 9-1 pm. i'm expecting several cars from other clubs to attend. for all in attendance we will have a drawing for door prizes and lots of time for bull sessions.
about 1pm we will start our cruise for all that are interested. the cruise will wind around our bay with a stop in rockport for seafood, and other possible stops for picture taking. we will end the cruise at the lexington memorial. for those interested in seeing the lexington i will have info at the car show.
the weather forcast is for lows in the 50's at night and 70's daytime. NO rain is in the forcast.
i had planned to show a map to my shop and bob lacy's, but have lost previous info on how to post pictures on club cobra. if anyone can forward that info-again, i'll try to post. in the meantime here are the directions.
bob lacy's ford dealership:
going south on i 37 from san antonio, when you reach the corpus area you will exit highway 77 south as if you are going to robstown or the valley. you will cross fm 624 and then go about 1/4 mile and you will see the dealership on your left.
paul cass's shop:
go south on spid/nas drive from i 37. you will go about 7 miles and cross over weber, everhart and then exit on staples street. turn right. you will go a little more than a mile to the third traffic light which will be holly street. turn left. get in the outside lane and in about 100 feet you will see an entrance to a shopping center on your right. turn right into the shopping center-holly trade center. after entering the shopping center go back to your left and follow the alley to the back and you will see my shop on the left- e-3. if you have any questions you can call me at 361 549-9525 anytime.
i appreiate dee and jim's commitment. how about some of you other guys here in south texas, san antonio and austin? i guess dallas is too far away.
look forward to seeing you guys this weekend.
paul
Old 11-08-2001, 06:26 AM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Paul,
Jeannie and would love to join you all but we still don't have a trailer. I am sure we will be there for next year's event.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this! Have a great time.

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 11-08-2001, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     
Wink

Paul,
I'll be there, minus Cobra! Maybe by next year I'll be finished with it. Do you still have a seat open? See ya saturday morning,
Ryan
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 11-08-2001, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC - #463 - 427 SOHC
Not Ranked     

Paul,

Sorry for the late notice - alas, my distributor gear is stripped and I am waiting on a replacement part - as yet I have not received it and therefore Jacque and I will not be attending this year - we are very disappointed!!!!! Ya'll have a great time ........ se you next year!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2001, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul,

Is a drag race only Cobra allowed?
Old 11-08-2001, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry It's always something!

Okay, it seems as though I either blew a head gasket or cracked a head on my truck earlier this week. I've overheated twice this week and today I had water dripping out the tailpipe. So tonight I stripped it down to the heads and I really can't see much yet. I am picking up a replacement set in the morning and I am taking a "sick" day to try and get it put back together. If all goes well, I'll see you saturday morning. I may steal the wifes car if I can get away with it. I'll try to let you know by tomorrow evening.
TCC President '03
Old 11-08-2001, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys
this **#%* computer! and now my cell phone is acting up. anyway, here goes even if its 11 pm thursday night. weather is predicting maybe scattered showers late friday afternoon and dry saturday. looks like jim and i may be the only ones to carry the texas cobra flag at the show. where's stretch? sorry you can't make it james, but hope it works out next year. hope its nothing serious dee and i was looking forward to seeing you and the car-jacque too. still have the spare seat if you can make it ryan. any car is welcome rocket man. there are several car clubs in the area and each has indicated that they will be there with a few of there members. hard to guess how many, but 20-30 i'm guessing, with nice weather maybe more. thanks to sprints lack of help i'm not sure if my cell phone will be working, so just in case you need to reach me-if 361 549-9525 doesn't work try 361 549-9524. have a safe trip and i look forward to seeing whomever shows up.
paul
Old 11-09-2001, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Anyone passing through San Antonio on the way to Corpus? If so I would like to get a ride and I can meet you at a convenient location. I'm still working on using the wifes car but she doesn't like be stranded at home!

Thanks,
Ryan
TCC President '03
Old 11-09-2001, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey ryan
ask your wife to come with you and then you have transportation. it would be a chance to get away from school and kids. i'm sure glad the weekend is here.
paul
Old 11-10-2001, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Actually, she was taking her practice SpecEd EXCET test with the district today. I worked on my truck all last night and until about 3:30 today; I hope to finish it up in the morning. I hope the day went well; I sure missed going! Let me know next time you're up this way! Do you have your business up and going; I'll be needing some parts here pretty soon!

See you later,
Ryan
TCC President '03
Old 11-10-2001, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey ryan
the day went great! business is going very well. let me know if you need anything. i'm listing a seperate post for the reslults of the event today. check it out.
paul