14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2001, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Default Who will lead Houston club into the future?

Hi guys,

I am looking for a volunteer to lead the Houston Cobra Club into the future. I think it might take someone else to pull this club into the next level. I think we have something good started and I wanted to see if one of you might want to take up the reigns.

I have met lot of great people here in Houston that love Cobras an I would love to see the group get together.

I never thought it would be this difficult to get cobra drivers to get their cars out of the garage but maybe it's just me. Hopefully under new leadership and with new ideas, participation will increase, more people with become active and we will all have more fun. That really is the point.

I do not intend to completely back away, I will do what ever I can do to help.

By the way if anyone wants to take over the web site "houstoncobraclub.org" the renewal just came up. It is 160 per year to have the site hosted and I paid that last year along with registering the site name. If someone else wants to take that over let me know otherwise it will go away soon. I haven't really kept it up to date anyway.

Anyone want the job? Just let me know.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     

Dennis; Don't give up on these Cobra members. There are all kinds of factors that inhibit members from coming to any event. We just need to keep encouraging these members to get out with the rest of the troops. Monthly meets are rain or shine, Cobras or no Cobras. It's the fellowship that counts.

So hang in there, good times are always coming.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Cool

Dennis,
Thanks for all your hard work as our fearless leader! You deserve a big round of applause and an enthusiastic pat on the back! I am sure we will do stuff together in the future. My guess is it will stay pretty informal.
Steve
Old 11-14-2001, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 351 Windsor, 392 CI, 450 hp
Not Ranked     

Dennis,

I know you have done a great job! You have invested a lot of time, energy, ... effort. It has paid off as HCC has a great group of individuals. I know I thoroughly enjoy the individuals, activities, enthusiasm, Cobras, etc.
I think the group has a lot to offer each other and the community. It is always a challenge to start an organization of this type. I think the partcipation has been good and will improve. HCC members let's step up to the plate.
PWR
toy pwr
Old 11-14-2001, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Dennis,

There are over 80 members in the Arizona Cobras. Over 60 cars at this point...more to get.

My point is this....with all the cobra people here we only seem to get 5 to 10 together at a time. I too was at a point of giving up and turning over the reins to someone else. I then realized those that come out and play more than make up for those that keep their cars home.

remember it's better to run with 2 cobras than one.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 11-15-2001, 08:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Dennis,

YOU THE MAN!!!! Don't give up.....Aggies never give up. Change your weekend to be different from the Dallas group and I will commit to making a trip down to cruise with you boys!!

Matt
Old 11-15-2001, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up You haven't seen difficult!

You think it's bad in Houston...you want to talk about no Cobras, come to San Antonio? If I were in the big H, I'd be out every weekend. I know of three or four that I see on occasion(rare occasion) here in San Antonio. Why have em if you aren't going to drive em? I found one guy that was pretty gung ho and then about a month later he got shipped over seas and had to sell his car(Bummer!). Luckily there's another guy I just met here that get's his car next week; so we hope to spread enthusiasm and sucker some more people into this wonderful (and expensive) hobby!
Good luck,
Ryan
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 11-16-2001, 08:21 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up MR. MOSLEY

I vote for YOU!!
I know I'm in Dallas, but you've got a good thing going!
Old 11-16-2001, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis,
We need to retain your experience. My Cobra partner, Gail, and I are completely committed to the Houston club's success. We could take over the reins, but I would much prefer to help you in a team effort.

We were the only ones to go to Corpus last week for Paul Cass' event. We had an absolute blast and discovered that a cruise with 2 Cobras is almost as much fun cruising with a dozen. We were not at all sorry we went.

My point is we need to just hang in there. As we discussed recently, there are several new Cobras coming to Houston in the near future. We have discussed some terrific ideas for future events. My personal preference is activities that involve driving the cars... cruises, track time, etc.
Lucas will have his dyno soon and I know everyone wants to find out what their rear wheel horsepower looks like.

Lets ask our core group to contribute to the cost of maintaining the web site.

Finally, I too want to thank you for all you have done for Houston Cobra enthusiasts. Without your effort there would be no Houston Cobra Club.

Jim
Old 11-18-2001, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Dennis, keep your "sticktoitiveness" up!!

Dennis,
Keep a stiff upper lip, accept the help offered, & just keep it up!You have a really good bunch of people down there- give Lawrence Bell in Spring, Tx a call-281-355-0588,& just keep on keep'in on!It will get better, & allow the core members to help you split expenses. If you can geographically locate where your membership is, you might find a more centrally located meeting place to draw more people in. We have a "cell/home phone network" that will pop into action here periodically, & we can gather from 5 to 12-14 cars together in a couple of days or less. You had one of the harder jobs in the Houston market, & I think you have done a SUPER job, so don't give up now- that's NOT the Dennis I met over two years ago in Austin!!
Your friend,
John Russell
SPF#586
Old 11-22-2001, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks for the vote of confidence

Looks like the ball is still in my court. You Aggies sure know how to bring out that call to duty thing. must be subliminally embedded in the Aggie War Hymn.

Thanks to all that responded both here on CC and in private.

Those of you that offered help, expect to hear from me, because we are going to kick it into gear. My personal goal, and I hope it becomes yours, is to get at least 10 Cobras from the Houston area to each monthly meet and at least 12 Houston Cobras to the Austin meet in Feb. I am going to need everyones help to make that happen.

I will start another thread for my ideas for 2002 one of which will be to change the weekend of our normal meet so that we can sneek up on the Austin and Dallas Clubs sometime in the near furture.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the offers of help.

Have a happy Turkey Day,

Dennis
Old 11-22-2001, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Awright Dennis! Thanks for your willingness to continue. I like the idea of going to Austin & Dallas. Besides being fun, it will encourage folks from other places to join us.

Jim
Old 11-26-2001, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis -
My personal, heartfelt appreciation for all of the hard work and many, many hours spent on our behalf. I hope to have more "free" time soon, and I will give you more assistance and support.
Because I was in a unique situation this last weekend, talking to virtually everyone that showed much interest in my car at the Autorama, I talked with at least a dozen guys that are building Cobras right now, and at least another dozen that expressed a serious interest in getting started in the next couple of years. I know of at least 5 cars (including mine) that will be finished in the next 3 months that are within a couple of miles of me. Imagine what is going on in the entirety of the Houston area!
I think we are just about at a 'critical mass' and we will start seeing 12-20+ people at most meetings, and be getting a dozen cars are more showing up. I gave the CC/TCC website to a bunch of people that wanted to get active that didn't know about the group (or the website).
I'm as excited as hel_ about getting out with my car - just have to get a few things worked out to get it inspected.
Again, thanx for all of your efforts!!!!
Regards,
Frank Newman