Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1015
Not Ranked     
Default TCC Spring Meet Track Day-2015

The registration for the TCC Spring Meet Track Day is now open. Go to Texas Cobra Meet and click on Track Day Event to register and pay the entrance fee.

This registration and payment is separate from the registration for the TCC Spring Meet and is only for the track event.

Ken Walker
Old 02-24-2015, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Track Day Event Update

As of Monday, Feb 23rd, we have 7 cars registered for the Harris Hill Raceway Track. We need 19 cars registered and paid to meet our obligation to the track. WISH FOR OUR HEROES will be selling lunches at the track. Go to Track Day Info | Texas Cobra Meet for more information and to register.

KEN
Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics LS427. Self-built 408W, AFR 195 heads, Performer RPM Intake, Quick Fuel 750, 407rwhp, 479rwtq
Not Ranked     

If we don't get enough, will it be cancelled, or opened to other groups?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We will open it up for other groups. Any ideas? We need 17 cars registered and paid to break even.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

113 cars registered.

7 registered for the track?

Surely we'll get the other 10 needed.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Normally, I'd be signing up immediately, but I've been working for the last couple of months building my own independent rear suspension on the back of my cobra. I'm working hard to get it done before the meet. I probably should give it some break in time before I track it though.

Rick
Old 03-01-2015, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics LS427. Self-built 408W, AFR 195 heads, Performer RPM Intake, Quick Fuel 750, 407rwhp, 479rwtq
Not Ranked     

How about half price for an hour on the track?

Maybe there are a lot of members who don't want to spend the whole day there. Perhaps they are willing to spend $50-$75 for a little track time but don't want to commit for the whole day. Sure, you would need more to sign up, but maybe you'd get a lot more who just want to go around a few times to see what its like.

My first time around, I was hooked. I look forward to this the most every year.

Plus, my brother and sister come down from Austin so they can be passengers. Its a good place to give them a ride in the "race car".

Last edited by Texasdoc; 03-01-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It comes down to the what the track owners will do. They have half-day and full day rental prices. They gave us a 40% discount off the half-day price because any proceeds beyond the rental cost go to a non-profit.

There is a mandatory safety/drivers meeting and other safety equipment requirements before anyone can go on the track. Not everyone is willing/able to do what is needed to be on the track. It is a huge liability that not everyone is willing to take.

I make this next statement with as much sincerity as I can muster. Anyone wanting to step up to running this portion of the event is more that welcome to do so. We could use the help! Kevin O'Grady for San Antonio has directed this event for the past couple of years and has done a great job. It is a much bigger deal that most people know to get this thing off the ground.

Ken
Old 03-10-2015, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still looking for about 6 more cars for the Harris Hill Track event. Please go to Track Day Info | Texas Cobra Meet for more information and to registered.

Thanks
Ken
Old 03-15-2015, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star with IRS, 427W with megasquirt, T56 magnum
Not Ranked     

This will be my first track event. Can you point me to or clue me in on any PPE or safety equipment I'll need, and maybe a link to tech inspection check list or requirements? I bet of the 100 plus cars, there are others who would give it a go if they could look over this info and get comfortable with the idea of driving on the track.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Hopefully Ken or Greg will see this and answer if I am wrong. But I think all you need is a helmet, good belts and the car in good shape and not leaking.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 03-15-2015, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Luce,
I sent you a PM.

Ken