24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Wink #17 has arrived!!

Today's mail brought #17- Rick Orsini!!
Man, we are only three away from a full deck of 20....which is actually the minimum # of cars that I agreed to bring, and anything else is gravy.
I am still operating on a first come, first served basis on this, so I now need #18,#19 & #20.
John R.
Old 03-29-2002, 03:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile #18 has been claimed!!

#18......................
Bobby Worley, COME ON DOWN!!!
Wow, is this guy pumped to do this or what??? Bobby gave me a call this morning, then drove over to my office and HAND DELIVERED his check. Is that cool or what?
We only need two more to become "official" ( we really actually have met the threshold as we are close enough to count), so now we are looking at a cut off somewhere around 24 cars.
Guys/Gals, please, I really don't want to be a nag, but if you are planning to make this you NEED to send me a check to make the cut. I have checks from 9 of the 1st. 10 to commit, 12 of the top 15, & 15 of the 1st. 20, and have picked up 3 that just jumped in. If those people send in their checks we may close this, but if someone else gets in prior to you, then I/we have a problem that we shouldn't have.
Help me out here......................
John Russell
Old 04-15-2002, 06:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking This is the latest news!!

Pretty Cool!!
I thought I would update the members that have entered. I mailed the checks to Jack Farr about 10 days ago, so we are set to go! He is really impressed with what our club has accomplished and the direction we are heading. We both feel that the 18 we have now will grow to somewhere around 25 cars or so by the track/event time of May 25th.
He has also asked me if we would like to do this annually, or semi-annually if the club support is there. It only took me about .00001 second to say YES!
For those of you that have joined the club since this thread started and would like to join us, all you need to do is send a check- payee is... JACK FARR.... for $95....... mailed to
John Russell- 5354 Monticello Ave, Dallas, Tx, 75206-6038.
Please, DO NOT make the check out to me, but we still have space.
Thanks all, and I will keep everyone informed.
JR
Old 04-15-2002, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC Motorcars 289
Send a message via Yahoo to renaissance man
Not Ranked     

Anyone want to go half's on renting a trailer? Guess I could just drive her there?

Dave "Ren Man"
Old 04-18-2002, 03:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking We have #19-Colin Cook!!!!!

WOW!!!!!
Yesterday I received a check from a new member to our club,Colin Clark! Colin lives in Winnsboro, was at Tulsa with us last year and will now join us at Motorsport Ranch. I will list him as #19 on the roster. We still have room for more so tune them up and come join us.
Thanks Colin,
John Russell

Old 04-21-2002, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds nice!! Im tired of getting tickets on the Freeway I need another place too play! count me in even if dates change
keith schmidt972@aol.com
Old 04-21-2002, 06:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Keith-Just send me the check!

Keith,
Just send me the check as outlined above, & I will be more than happy to count you in!
Welcome,
John Russell.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cpt. Speed is in! Ck is in the mail.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Two are fighting for #20!!

This is COOL!
I have two vying for space #20! Keith S. posted to "count him in", but Captain Speed also posted with a "the check's in the mail" line.
As you should be aware, the check in hand constitutes "entry".
We will see.
John R
Old 05-13-2002, 03:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Ti's only 12 days away!!

Oh Yeah,
It's only 12 days away!! We are still at 19 cars, but John Ross has a blown engine & Clint Henderson will be out of town, and I still don't have any word on Stretch(come on old buddy, so you have that engine yet??). I will talk to Jack Farr today to see what we can do for John and Clint since I know they will not be able to attend and there are still around six or eight members that have sent the old "count me in, I will be there, the checks in the mail" routine/message, but have not sent in a check as yet. If it is OK with Jack, I will try to have the next two send me checks and take your slots. I don't expect anyone to have to take a hit on this if I can help it. ( Stretch, where the H___ are you???)
John Russell
Old 05-13-2002, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Prepping for the 25 th

John,

Is there an agenda for the day? Is there a caravan heading over from Dallas/Plano? What "running" requirements are there (safety equip. helmet, etc.)?

I hope all is well with you and the rest of the gang. The new baby and new job has forced me to chose between some of the events, and I didn't want to miss this one.

regards... Chip
Old 05-13-2002, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Prepping for the 25 th

John,

Is there an agenda for the day? Is there a caravan heading over from Dallas/Plano? What "running" requirements are there (safety equip. helmet, etc.)?

I hope all is well with you and the rest of the gang. The new baby and new job has forced me to chose between some of the events, and I didn't want to miss this one.

regards... Chip
Old 05-13-2002, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

The engine will be here this week!!!

I'm sure I can get it together in time (knock on wood). The engine won't have any miles on it and I've got mixed feelings about whether or not I should run it hard or not. Any opinions out there???

Charmer
Old 05-13-2002, 08:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

What are you talking about.....you have all week to get it in and then a weekend to put 500 miles on the sucker....get a move on buddy.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 05-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Requirements??

Chip,
This was covered earlier in this thread, but the basic requirements are helmet(they rent them at the track- around$10 or so, maybe less), a good set of seat belts, and an overflow catch can to keep any fluids off the track( if you have an expansion tank with an overflow hose that vents to the ground, just rinse out a plastic bottle & attach it to a cross member- tape, zip locks,etc) and a long sleeved shirt/coat. I am going to assume we will have some sort of "tech" check in, but it will probably be pretty simple since we ARE NOT going to be racing each other, but ARE going to be learning how to control our cars at speed without fear of running into anything/anyone. We need to be at the track by 2:00pm, but I plan to get there closer to 12:00/1:00pm.
To get to Motorsport Ranch from Dallas, I will be taking I-30 to 360, 360 south to I-20, then stay on I-20 South around Ft. Worth and exit highway 377 south to Benbrook/Alvarado. Approximately 28 miles later, after you pass the Pate flight museum on the East side( you absolutely can't miss the planes!!) you will cross a RR Track & come to a Stop light in the town of Cresson. After you proceed South through the light approximately 300-400 yards or so, look for the Motorsport Ranch signs on the East side(left) "just before" the road" Y's" back to divided, cross left over the yellow stripes into the entrance to the track & follow the entrance
snaking up the hill to the track.
I will get Bobby W. to post a map, & my cell # is 214-202-4577.
Stretch, get the motor in & put a few hundred miles on it & git yo-self up heah!!!
John R.
Old 05-13-2002, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Lunch

John and everyone - do we want to get together for lunch somewhere in South Ft. Worth or West Arlington? I agree we should be at the track by around 1:00 to get unloaded and checked out.

I know we go through Benbrook, but do not know any restaurants in the area. I just figured since we were all in the same neighborhood, we might as well. Anyone interested?

http://texascobraclub.com
Old 05-13-2002, 05:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking John Ross-It's your lucky day!!

John,
I spoke with Jack Farr today about the event, and both you and Clint Henderson. We are going to let the next two guys that step up "take" your places. I got an e-mail from Schmidt about the check, so I told him to make it out to you, and the next one will go to Clint, so no one loses!!
Dick, good idea!! I plan on going over and checking things out , so I will try & find a spot in Benbrook to meet, which will leave us about a 20-25 minute drive to the track. I personally want to get there by about 12:30 to make sure the thing runs smoothly, but I also want to try and find possible lodging for the "out of towners" that precludes a long drive.
This is REALLY shaping up to be fun!!
John Russell
Old 05-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking John Ross, you owe Keith Schmidt a "THANKS"!

WOW- What a GUY!!!
#20 is Keith Schmidt- as I have his check in hand., made out to................................ JOHN ROSS!!!!!!! Since Jack Farr gave mw the OK on this, Keith actually wins the secong half of the first question- as to who would be #20, but since he is now officially taking John Ross's place, he is actually now #6!
Confused?? Why, yes, I am.
Also, Jack told me that they had links on the Motorsport Ranch web site to hotels/motels in Benbrook and in Granbury for he guys coming in. I will look them up to try and find a "watering hole" for a lunch meeting spot.
This is only 10 days away now guys!!
John Russell
Old 05-16-2002, 01:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #89 Keith Craft Genesis 427 so, stroked to 482, 649 hp. Sabre GT 40 #16 351W stroked to 408, 527hp, TWM stack injection, Fast XFI, G50/50.
Not Ranked     
Smile Double Thanks in Order

Thanks Keith - I need every penny I can get for my new motor.

Thanks John - for all the work you have done.

I plan on being there. No car yet but maybe I can bum a ride or two to calm my Cobra withdrawls.

I am having a new motor built but it wont be ready until the end of the month sometime.

John
Old 05-16-2002, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

John - tell us about your new engine - specs - who is building it?

http://texascobraclub.com