LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2019, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2005, Keith Craft 408W TKO 600 IRS
Not Ranked     
Default Texas Cobra Club - San Antonio

Attention San Antonio Texas Cobra Club Members - Update

Well, we were going to initially meet at the San Antonio Cars and Coffee on 11 January 2020 to start discussions for Texas Cobra Club - San Antonio. SA Cars and Coffee cancelled their meeting for January as they are updating their venue to a larger facility and do not have everything setup. Therefore, I want to postpone our initial meet and greet for the Texas Cobra Club - San Antonio until we can get our own venue more defined. Stay tuned to Facebook and Club Cobra for more announcements as we get TCC-SA organized.

I am trying to get the San Antonio area Texas Cobra Club members organized for regular get togethers and activities. Would like to start by finding out who is in the area that own Carroll Shelby inspired cars and start compiling a list of everyone.

How about first we meet to start getting to know one another. I propose we meet initially at the San Antonio Cars and Coffee at the Oak Hills Church parking lot I-10 and Camp Bullis Rd. on 11 January 2020. 8-10:00am. Weather is supposed to cooperate. There seems to be a good many Shelby's that show up regularly there. This is open to anything Shelby had his hand in to include GT350s, GT500s, GT40s, Daytona Coupes, Cobras, etc, etc. to include the replicas too. The Shelby's usually park just to the right as you cross the bridge.

I would like to have an open discussion on monthly get togethers, where, when, meet for lunch then a cruise to some watering hole?, stuff like that. Plus start compiling a list of everyone to include name, address (city only), cell phone, email, that sort of stuff. There's a bunch of us out there so let's start getting together.

If you can't be there and you want to be included, PM me with the info and I'll include you.

I drive a midnight blue with silver stripes Shelby Cobra. Tall guy so hard to miss me. If I have to, I'll wear a name tag so you can find me at the SA Cars and Coffee. Look for me.

Russ

Last edited by double-rr; 01-07-2020 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: Postponement of Initial Meeting
Old 12-30-2019, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

I may have to run down there and join Y'all.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 12-31-2019, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve -- You're always welcome. The C&C is always a good meet too. Lots of nice cars show up.

Russ
Old 01-03-2020, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Russ, i think we met once in Boerne. this is a great idea, but since got fed up with the influx of people to SA and moved to rural PA. good luck with getting a group together, its a long time coming....

Fred
Old 01-04-2020, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, we met a couple of times at Soda Pops. You have the Kellison. Wasn't aware you had moved to PA. Good luck there.

Russ
FWB likes this.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Initial meeting of Texas Cobra Club - San Antonio has been postponed. See updates on Club Cobra and Facebook as things are rescheduled.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

May have to make the trip!

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 01-10-2020, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Texas Cobra Club – San Antonio (TCC-SA)

Well it’s finally happening. Texas Cobra Club – San Antonio is finally getting organized. Been trying to do this for some time now. Here are the highlights/guidelines or our loosely defined organization:

• We are the San Antonio area affiliate of the Texas Cobra Club
• We welcome any owners of Carroll Shelby-inspired cars to our activities.
o To include Cobras, GT40s, Daytona Coupes, GT350s, GT500s, etc.
o If other owners want to tag along on our activities we will welcome them.
• We will maintain a Facebook page for announcements and also post announcements on ClubCobra.
• Initially Russ Rittimann and Paul Woepple will be the coordinators and moderators for TCC-SA.
o This may change as we get more organized.
• We will have monthly activities that will normally be held on the forth (4th) Saturday of the month.
o Normal monthly activities will include lunch at varying locations and a cruise afterwards. Sometimes long cruises and sometimes short cruises. But the activities may be modified to include depending on weather, venue, other conflicting activities:
o Monthly activities may be moved to Sunday on occasion to accommodate those that work on Saturdays
o Lunch only with no cruise
o Cruise to somewhere for lunch
o Afternoon meet at a local sports bar with no cruise
o Meet at other scheduled activities (Soda Pops – Boerne, TCC-Spring/Fall meet, etc.)
o Or other fun activity.
o No nasty or belligerent behavior/acts will be tolerated to include burn outs or donuts. You will be asked to stop and/or leave.
• The TCC or TCC-SA accepts no responsibility for any incidents that my occure during the monthly activities.

With all that out of the way, we will typically meet at restaurants on the Northwest or North side of San Antonio since we have all of the beautiful hill country to our north and west for cruises. We will try to avoid freeway cruises.

Here is our first activity:

Texas Cobra Club – San Antonio
When: 25 January 2020 12:00 Noon
Where: El Chaparral Restaurant
15103 Bandera Rd, Helotes, TX
Cruise afterwards to Dodging Duck, 402 River Rd, Boerne, TX
(Not down 1604/I-10 but thru Bandera, Camp Verde, Center Point, Comfort, Sisterdale, Boerne)
We will take the long way to get to Dodging Duck
Old 01-22-2020, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

****************** REMINDER *************

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate on Saturday. See you there.

Texas Cobra Club – San Antonio
When: 25 January 2020 12:00 Noon
Where: El Chaparral Restaurant
15103 Bandera Rd, Helotes, TX
Cruise afterwards to Dodging Duck, 402 River Rd, Boerne, TX
(Not down 1604/I-10 but thru Bandera, Camp Verde, Center Point, Comfort, Sisterdale, Boerne)
We will take the long way to get to Dodging Duck

Russ