28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2002, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to ThePidler
Not Ranked     
Default Trailer Load of Cobra in the garage!

Finally! I picked up my kit TODAY!! I've been out digging through all the boxes since about 3, Tammi finally made me come in.

You guys better get ready, I'm gonna have a TON of questions as I get going. And I have no pride, so I welcome any and all tips, tricks, and "hey dummy, don't do that's" that you guys all care to offer.

So, The frame's on stands; the boxes are waiting to be opened; and the fasteners are stowed... anything I should do before I start bolting things together?
Old 02-17-2002, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

PRAY
Old 02-17-2002, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Talking Hotfingrs beat me to it

James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 02-17-2002, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg,

The one most important thing to ever remember when building your car is.............

That one thing.............

Yes, just one little thing...............

DO NOT RUN OUT OF COOLANT.

You do know the coolant of which I speak eh? AAAhhh that is right the kind you drink, for my new friend you will need plenty.

All kidding you know we are not far away. Just give us a yell. Heck I need to come and see it anyhow.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks

Look out Austin here we come!
Old 02-17-2002, 07:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile trannie??????

Go for the TKO! D&D Performance, Wixom, MI 248-926-6220. Mcleod clutch & bellhousing, TKO, HD fork, throwout bearing, roller pilot bearing and yoke for $2100 deliveried. I checked five places and D&D was a little cheaper and great services. You can get a 3550 for a $100 or so less. The TKO has 26 input splice and 31 on the output shaft. It is cheap insurance and hard for a street machine to tear up!!!! Do a search on TKO on this site. Lot of luck and see you at the Spring Fling. PS Bolt everything up lose and when you know it fits "then" torque it down. Look three times, measure twice and cut once.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

The praying I will do.

Yea, I have been thinking about the TKO and Steve, you can come by anytime.

817-410-9984

greg
Old 02-17-2002, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up congrats

can't give you any info on the build, because I'm not a tool guy,
happy that you've made a decision what manufacturer to go with.
Think that was the hardest step for everyone, and everything else follows that drive train, susp, paint etc. But lucky for us we got great guys on the forum that give us lot knowledge and support. Hope you get it on the road by this summer, and post
some pictures of your project. Take care brotha
Old 02-18-2002, 11:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #89 Keith Craft Genesis 427 so, stroked to 482, 649 hp. Sabre GT 40 #16 351W stroked to 408, 527hp, TWM stack injection, Fast XFI, G50/50.
Not Ranked     
Default Step 1

Grab a bunch of parts that look like they could be front suspension. A big roll of chrome duct tape, rubber bands, and pepperment gum. When done it should look something like the picture below.

JR
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2002, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Greg, I was just trying to install my fuel tank and I think the short strap is too long. I tightened it up all the way and there is still too much strap left. It measures 33 1/2". The book says 32" for the short strap. I'm going to e-mail Lone Star after I take some pics to show the problem. I do hope that this is the only problem I'll have. How about yours? Catch you later. P Jones.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:23 PM
I feel the need for speed
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Just a couple of things before you start.....

I would highly recommend the following;

1. Inventory every single bolt and screw.

2. Read the directions.....There is always something on page 45 that you should have done.....

3. Have fun.....It's a labor of love....when you have barked your knuckles for the 4th time on that impossible to tighten nut....it will all be worth it the first time you back out of the garage and everyone gives you a thumbs up!!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Boy oh Boy!!

I am having a great time, had to run back out to LS today, seems as though they tried to give me 4 xtra coil overs and no isolators for the engine nor tranny. Not a problem though!!

John - Right now it's all on the garage floor. I'm busy takin pix and yea, The Chrome Duct tape is item number 2, (#1 is the COOLANT 4RE KLR spoke about above ).

boilerat - You are WAY ahead of me. I've just now gotten everything unboxed and spread out. I'm sure that we'll run into many many issues, heck, that's what it's all about....
email me at thepidler@attbi.com and we can swap scary tales...

Mohuska - Yea, inventory is going on as we speak, directions???, and I plan on having lots and lots of fun, and yea, I cannot WAIT to back 'er out of the garage!!

greg
Old 02-19-2002, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to LS427SC
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys! You guys are going to have fun building your cars. Just remember, when it is not fun anymore....walk away and return to it another day. Don't take short cuts and don't get in a hurry.

My favorite building memory: late one night, my wife comes out into the garage to drag me away from the car so we can go to bed and she find my buddy and I having a few "coolants", sitting in the shell of a body and pretending we are on a trip. She simply shook her head and returned into the house without saying a word. (Guess you have to be a guy to understand the things we do).

Feel free to call me anytime if you have questions about how things fit.

Have fun and good luck!
Randy Jones
Santa Fe, Texas
LoneStar w/302
Wild Berry Pearl w/Silver stripes
(409)925-1998
Old 02-19-2002, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great story! I figger, (gawd, I'm startin to even TYPE like a Texan!) I'll have several of those moments, just drinkin coolant and havin' fun. Good advice too, I sometimes have trouble walking away, I'll have to remember what you said here. I'm sure that I'll be asking for help!!

greg